Hey guys. This morning I woke up to my storm not responding to any inputs at all. The screen was dead and it would not even power up with battery pulls. I had done a complete wipe and re-install of the leaked 85 software. I backed up and restored all data before and after. The install went perfect because I was using the phone before I went to bed. When I woke up it was a brick. I tried reloading the software. At first it wouldn't even connect to my laptop. The first attempt to install the software failed. On the second attempt I installed the official .75 software and it worked and has been working fine ever since. Anyone else have this happen? And I highly recommend losing that leaked software. I had to do 2-3 batt pulls a day to keep my storm working with the .85 OS. I haven't had to do a pull once today with the official .75 OS. So I guess I'm trying to say that I will never install any more leaked OS'.
    01-07-09 05:01 PM
    Like I said in another thread, I'm glad I didn't bother with the .85 leak. Everyone is having problems with it. Why even bother when .75 is running so smoothly?
    01-07-09 05:04 PM
    The fact it isn't a official release has nothing to do with the fact it bricked. Leaked OS's are the exact same as Official ones, except one just isn't stamped "Official". More than likely it's a 3rd party application causing the problem. But again the OS is not at fault.
    01-07-09 05:04 PM
    I don't have any 3rd party apps installed. NONE!! I even removed al the instant messenger apps. The only app I'm runnign is ZN and VVM. I uninstalled evey other app with the DM. I have 51.7MB of free app space on my storm. I don't think it was an app.
    Last edited by soxfan143; 01-07-09 at 05:09 PM.
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
    I didn't install the leaked software, I figured I would let Verizon send out their update and if it toasted my phone, it would be their piece of toast, however, my phone became non responsive and the screen looked like static the other day which justified a battery pull. Since then it's been OK, but a little sluggish, but still tolerable. I'm hoping for another update one of these days.
    01-07-09 05:08 PM
    I don't have any 3rd party apps installed. NONE!! I even removed al the instant messenger apps. The only app I'm runnign is ZN and VVM. I uninstalled evey other app with the DM. I have 51.7MB of free app space on my storm. I don't think it was an app.
    VVm is a 3rd party app, albeit it Verizons. But seriously, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to install unreleased software to your device. But with the same token, it is not causing the brick. There is no difference between the official release and the leaked one.

There are a few steps you can take if you want to run .85 that can make it run better, or you can downgrade to .75. But when you say bricked, you had a '507' error?
    01-07-09 05:20 PM
    I found that using VVM on my phone would cause it to spawn a WSOD 523 App Error every time it couldnt connect to the network, so any time I wasnt in 1XEV it would freak tell me it couldnt connect try again later and i hit ok and then WSOD would occur...needless to say I deleted it and since never had the WSOD again.
    01-07-09 06:03 PM
    I'm glad to hear your phones back up and running. I had a few issues with the VVM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD