Gosh I'm so impatient. Hate waiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:50 PM
    Yeah...good luck with that 1! they aren't gonna tell us xxxx!
    I know, I think they left us all.
    03-02-09 08:54 PM

LOL....not much we can do but hold tight. In the mean time I just play with my I-touch and watch Star Wars...
    03-02-09 08:54 PM

Since my school blocks forum sites I've gotten so serious to waiting that I bring my Acer Mini Laptop with my Blackberry Cords to connect to it and use Tethering (using your Data Plan to get internet on your computer) to see for any leaks and to reply to posts. Can't stand the lag in the browser so I use this, plus looks nice on a computer .

But ya, that serious folks.
    03-02-09 08:55 PM
    LOL....not much we can do but hold tight. In the mean time I just play with my I-touch and watch Star Wars...
    lol....i'm just gonna go get laid!!
    03-02-09 08:56 PM
    one of the best ways to pass time..
    03-02-09 09:00 PM
    Lol that's great. Much better than star wars I must admit.

03-02-09 09:01 PM
    Anyone think Verizon leaks them intentionally either as a marketing strategy or to aid with user acceptance testing?

By the time any given build leaks VZW is several builds ahead on terms of their testing. The builds are done by individuals on their own initiative, no one at RIM or VZW endorses or encourages them.
    03-02-09 09:01 PM
    I am not sure if it makes too much of a difference right now but I was told by VZW Upper Tier Tech last week that new OS for Storm to be tested this week. After reading this tread I am wondering if that is actually the case or not. I know how VZW is with their testing and stuff (long time) but now my curiosity has got the best of me.
    As I understand it, with VZW, an OS version is in TA (testing assurance) for two weeks, BUT any significant but will scrub that version and they will move onto the next promising candidate.
    03-02-09 09:08 PM
    BGR i'm sure speculates on the official release because of the Application Center coming out. That was obviously said though.

To me, when you look at the Center, I don't think it's just going to be a looooooooooong list of apps on that thing. I'm sure they will update it to categories and things the way iPhone does with its App Store. While that could require just a server update, it may require a Software update too.

Yet either way, I am merely speculating too.
    There are two different things here

The Application Center (which Storm owners already have) is managed by the carriers. It contains carrier specific apps and a selection of RIM's free apps chosen by the carrier.

The Application Storefront (AppStore) is managed by RIM and that is what has yet to launch. This will have many more apps from various developers.
    03-02-09 09:13 PM
    To any that can answer (I don't see that the question has been asked), just out of curiosity, what is the platform revision up to now? Since OS .109 is sitting on platform .136, I'm interested to know how the platform itself has progressed given that OS revisions are now at least in the .140s.
    03-02-09 09:13 PM
    can we start a .130 chat since that is the most current listed. also how annoying is that the bolds most current is .245 and today they got leaked .241 yesterday. where sitting on .109 with .130 as the newset reported which means diddly since they could be on .140 now. i wish we really didnt po the gods or we could have been higher oh well. live with what we have and be happy
    .245 was the "East Asian" build and was therefore probably leaked by a different person. But yeah it is annoying . . . the Storm can benefit from it more. In the Bold forums they are nitpicking small things but over here we are talking about the need for significant enhancements.
    03-02-09 09:22 PM
    Actually I belive BOLD was designed for 4.7 but it is using 4.6 because the prelaunch of the STORM.

4.7.x is for TOUCH SCREEN DEVICES, of which the BOLD is not.
    03-02-09 09:33 PM
    Actually I belive BOLD was designed for 4.7 but it is using 4.6 because the prelaunch of the STORM.
    4.7.x is for TOUCH SCREEN DEVICES, of which the BOLD is not.
    Yes the 4.7.0.xxx was made just for the touchscreen Storm. Sith has said earlier in this thread I believe it was 4.3 that was later on changed to 4.6 OS.
    03-02-09 09:44 PM
    I think CX is a ventriloquist, it seems that he speaks through Blueberry.....
    03-02-09 09:50 PM
    So, my question is this in regards to Blackberry's and OS releases.

With the current business model in place RIM sells the devices to the carriers and the carriers sells them to their customers. What happens if someone wants an unlocked storm that is not bound to any one service? They are now SOL in terms of getting a newer OS unless a specific carriers decides to make an official release or it is leaked.
    There have been plenty of third party companies who can get you unlock codes (Horizon Wireless to name one), and not all carriers require the phone to be on an active account to get the unlock code.
    03-02-09 09:57 PM
    That's funny because CX didn't even say that. AND here we have our official thread ruiner. Great job.
    03-02-09 09:59 PM
    Why was 4.3 changed to 4.5? If you can say.
    4.4 was renamed 4.5. The 4.3 OS was released in the Curve. I think they did it because it seemed like a larger leap than just 4.4.
    03-02-09 10:00 PM
    LOL! Seriously lay off dude. That cracked my *** up though.
    03-02-09 10:00 PM
    I guess no mercy on us in regards to OS....I am over-ready for a leak of OS...
    03-02-09 10:02 PM
    although im sure a couple people here may agree, there is no need for that post in this thread... CX is knowledgable, and from what i have seen, not everyone sees every single post/thread (i.e. the 50,000 threads about how to upgrade/downgrade a software). therefore, im ok with him/her restating some things that cx/sith/radio says, as long as he/she is not passing the thoughts/ideas off as his/her own, which he/she has seemed to stop doing. im really tired so sorry if that made no sense.
    03-02-09 10:04 PM
    although im sure a couple people here may agree, there is no need for that post in this thread... CX is knowledgable, and from what i have seen, not everyone sees every single post/thread (i.e. the 50,000 threads about how to upgrade/downgrade a software). therefore, im ok with him/her restating some things that cx/sith/radio says, as long as he/she is not passing the thoughts/ideas off as his/her own, which he/she has seemed to stop doing. im really tired so sorry if that made no sense.
    I think he might of been the only one who seen that. I gave credit to Sith for saying that about the 4.6 OS. I didn't pass it off as my own.
    03-02-09 10:05 PM
    I couldn't agree more. Blue has had a habit of leading people on by saying he "knew people," and because of that his credibility will always be doubted. It turns out he was asking CX, and Radio for answers via PM. I have NO problem with his posts, as long as he doesn't lead people to believe that he has an inside track on anything.....
    03-02-09 10:28 PM
    And what makes you think the Niagara will be up to snuff on its release? All new platforms have their issues.
    The Niagara is a modified Bold and will benefit greatly from the 6 months of use by actual users and year if intense testing that has already been done. They are not starting from square ONE like the Storm is.
    03-02-09 10:31 PM
    Yes the 4.7.0.xxx was made just for the touchscreen Storm. Sith has said earlier in this thread I believe it was 4.3 that was later on changed to 4.6 OS.
    4.4 was changed to 4.5. I just checked and I still have several 4.3.x OS versions from my Curve installed on this computer.
    03-02-09 10:51 PM
605 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD