.75, .76, .78 are official updates. RIM has nothing to do with the OS being released by the carriers. They develop the OS, then pass it off for QA. If it passes the carrier releases it, if they don't pass it then they dont. Also, the carriers rushed the release of the Storm, they wanted it in time for Black Friday, it should not of been released until Jan at the earliest. The Bold launched with an OS in the 16x range with AT&T. That means they went through 162 revisions of the OS before approving one for launch. If you dont like the storm in its current OS form, return it/sell it to someone, and go try again when you feel its up to snuff.
    Amen! Rim has put out numerous updates for the storm and VZW has only chosen to make one official. Ya...each OS that has been leaked has had issues but .75 has issues also and it's an official update. Im not sure what VZW is waiting for but Im guessing that someone at RIM might have clued them into how near the GC is. It's just a guess so....Sith, CX, Radio, Civic what say you?
    02-28-09 11:28 PM
    No 5.0 is not gold, it's a new OS, or major OS update that RIM is working on for most of their devices. The so called gold code release CX is taking about will be 4.7.0.XXX (it's not known yet the XXX part, but it AIN't the .109 most of us are using now)

RIM will also continue to develop the 4.7.0.XXX series until 5.0 is released. RIM is good about updating their OS(s).
    So, what are the quantum changes we can can expect from 5.0 as opposed to the incremental improvements we're seeing from the various 4.7.0.xxx leaks?
    Last edited by raduray; 02-28-09 at 11:34 PM.
    02-28-09 11:29 PM
    So, what are the quantum changes we can can expect from 5.0 as oposed to the incremental improvements we're seeing from the various 4.7.0.xxx leaks?
    I too would love to know this.
    02-28-09 11:32 PM
    Bring on the info.Desperate for a good updated firmware
    03-01-09 01:42 AM
    Hi Berry Eagle Eyes...

R we going to see a leaked release higher than the .109 anytime soon. I saw somewhere in the forums that, last friday was supposed to be the day for another major leaked version. Have not seen anything leaked yet...or did i miss it...

Am on .109 and love it. Would love to know if a higher leaked version is out there and maybe I am not aware of it...

Thanks a ton..

The Jackal...
    03-01-09 04:35 AM
    Hmm, Adobe seems to think otherwise. 800 million other people don't agree with you

Adobe - Flash Lite
    I would bet you any amount your willing to give me this wont happen for RIM anytime soon
    03-01-09 09:27 AM
    where do yall get all these os update??
    03-01-09 09:31 AM
    Hi Berry Eagle Eyes...

R we going to see a leaked release higher than the .109 anytime soon. I saw somewhere in the forums that, last friday was supposed to be the day for another major leaked version. Have not seen anything leaked yet...or did i miss it...

Am on .109 and love it. Would love to know if a higher leaked version is out there and maybe I am not aware of it...

Thanks a ton..

The Jackal...
    Where did you read that last friday a leak was supposed to happen? You will NEVER read when a leak happens, until after it does. Trust me
    03-01-09 09:32 AM
    Processors capable of doing full Flash, but not full color support on the GUI interface?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Wrong. Both at some point in the future
    03-01-09 09:33 AM
    where do yall get all these os update??
    Last edited by neolantis; 03-01-09 at 09:43 AM.
    03-01-09 09:40 AM
    thanks a lot
    03-01-09 09:43 AM
    thanks a lot
    your welcome
    03-01-09 09:44 AM
    ok so that really doesnt help me much...i dont sit on compters enuf to figure all this **** out or where to find it. help!!
    03-01-09 09:52 AM
    ok so that really doesnt help me much...i dont sit on compters enuf to figure all this **** out or where to find it. help!!
    Refer to my signature.
    03-01-09 10:01 AM
    Where did you read that last friday a leak was supposed to happen? You will NEVER read when a leak happens, until after it does. Trust me
    Actually, Radio, The Abyzz announced his .109 would leak later that day
    Don't worry, I am just busting your chops
    You have been a wealth of information, and a pleasure to converse with.......
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-01-09 at 03:46 PM.
    03-01-09 03:43 PM
    +1

Radio, thanks for your input. Honestly, just seeing your signature gives us more information than most others will let us know.

Do you know of any plans for implementing flick scrolling in the future?
    03-01-09 03:54 PM
    +1

Radio, thanks for your input. Honestly, just seeing your signature gives us more information than most others will let us know.

Do you know of any plans for implementing flick scrolling in the future?
    I believe he said flick scrolling wasn't coming anytime soon.
    03-01-09 04:11 PM
    Then I TOTALLY missed that and apologize
    03-01-09 04:21 PM
    Then I TOTALLY missed that and apologize
    Don't apologize!!!!! I was just breaking your ba**s! You are a breath of fresh air around here.
    03-01-09 04:27 PM
    Flick is not going to happen anytime soon!

03-01-09 04:43 PM
    Flick is not going to happen anytime soon!

How far into the future do you consider soon?
    03-01-09 04:44 PM
    and the wait begins!!!!!

03-01-09 04:46 PM
    Phew what a thread...I laughed, I cried, I was introduced to mysterious new characters giving vaguely worded answers to long-standing enigmas, some charachters got assassinated, the OS numbers swirled and balooned and repeated themselves... Who needs the next episode of Lost with all this intrigue and drama?
    03-01-09 04:51 PM
    Dammit, you are killing me!!!! Have you played with an OS that had the beginnings of flick?
    03-01-09 04:52 PM
    Omg. You are totally killing me here.
    03-01-09 05:06 PM
605 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD