But didn't you say the GC was soon? So your saying these builds that were just finding out about aren't as good as it gets?
    i know this post was a minute ago... but just because theres a GC out doesnt mean theyll stop tryin to add more features n perfect the new features.... thats what CX is tryin to say
    02-28-09 04:07 AM
    Yeah, but the said thing is that it will never be 4.7.1.xxx
    Who cares that its not going to be 4.7.1.xxx ??? .... For a guy that keeps banging on that's he's in the know, its annoying that you mention the above.
    02-28-09 04:10 AM
    secretsextninja .... from your picture I'd love to chat you up, but knowing my luck you'd turn out to be a bloke ! What a strange world we live in !
    02-28-09 04:13 AM
    Since having tested the post .125 and the pre .125 i have my money on the .125 being the better of the two or three.

We have alot of senior members here that are trying to kowtow our excitement about the new upcoming .125. but let me tell you, that you will be better off with .125 than the so called .130 or .13 what ever.

Its nice to be smug and believe that were all special snow flakes, but were not. Were all the same decaying matter.

02-28-09 04:42 AM
    I have a feeling that .115 will be the next leak. Based on what CX and Sith have said about .112 I don't think we will see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 08:02 AM
    I have a feeling that .115 will be the next leak. Based on what CX and Sith have said about .112 I don't think we will see it.

I wouldnt be surprised if it leaked, regardless of the quality of the build. With all the gossip all over the internet about the new cut/paste feature, as soon as someone finds it they will post it all over the place. I just seriously doubt it would be anyone from CB that would leak it, based on what I have read on other forums
    02-28-09 08:49 AM
    i know they are trying to keep the actually current builds a secret, but wouldn't it be better for RIM from a testing perspective if they did leak out the current version? Storm users seem eager to put whatever is the latest on their device knowing that it could break things and even be a step backwards. I know myself that I don't even read feedback about a new OS before installing it. I just put it on and start testing. Also, everyone that does upgrade is extremely eager to share all of their experiences good/bad. That sounds like an extremely good/large beta test group if you ask me. I know that they want to keep it to their group of testers, but if they dropped the builds out there like Microsoft did with Windows 7 then they would get an insane amount of response back from testers. Just my 2 cents because I would gladly test
    02-28-09 09:27 AM
    I like the increase in functionality with the .103 and .109 builds, but I miss my color depth. All of the beautiful themes are there now but the clarity and color is muted. I can't wait for .125 to get here so I can enjoy both as I use my Storm. I come to this site several times a day in anticipation of a new OS. I used to do other things but I am truly addicted to visiting this site. The latest thread of hope is the rumor that .125 is coming out March 3rd. In my heart I know this is probably not true. But I do hear hints that our new OS is just around the corner. Just maybe this time it is true??? Probably not but it does give an end date of this constant visit for a "Perfect Storm".
    02-28-09 09:54 AM
    i know they are trying to keep the actually current builds a secret, but wouldn't it be better for RIM from a testing perspective if they did leak out the current version? Storm users seem eager to put whatever is the latest on their device knowing that it could break things and even be a step backwards. I know myself that I don't even read feedback about a new OS before installing it. I just put it on and start testing. Also, everyone that does upgrade is extremely eager to share all of their experiences good/bad. That sounds like an extremely good/large beta test group if you ask me. I know that they want to keep it to their group of testers, but if they dropped the builds out there like Microsoft did with Windows 7 then they would get an insane amount of response back from testers. Just my 2 cents because I would gladly test
    To keep the answer short and sweet, its because the carriers wont let them. The carriers dont want to and aren't able to support the random person installing a beta OS on their phone, and then calling saying their data isnt working, or their browser isn't showing up, or the dozens of other random questions that come up on this forums everytime a leaked OS hits. The bottom line is it would cost the carrier money.
    02-28-09 10:07 AM
    To keep the answer short and sweet, its because the carriers wont let them. The carriers dont want to and aren't able to support the random person installing a beta OS on their phone, and then calling saying their data isnt working, or their browser isn't showing up, or the dozens of other random questions that come up on this forums everytime a leaked OS hits. The bottom line is it would cost the carrier money.
    Yea I didn't mean release officially like at vzam.net. I meant leak on here like all the other betas. I would imagine that Verizon wouldn't even talk to you if you called with an issue and they found out you had a beta.
    02-28-09 01:53 PM
    they are so deep in the black right now, who cares...lol
    02-28-09 02:02 PM
    Coming from a programing and business perspective, I believe once RIM releases a GC up in the .13x's or .14x's RIM will slow down their work on the Storm OS...

I'm not trying to disappoint anyone, but RIM will most likely get the glitches fixed, plug in a few snazzy upgrades, and move resources away from the Storm unless VZW and other carriers really keep the pressure on them for more and more features and performance.

As anyone running .109 has probably already noticed, the typing lag is nearly eliminated and the releases are getting snappier. MMS should be the next main fix coming, for now I've replaced the .109 net_rim_bb_mms.cod with the .86 mms.cod. CrackUtil makes this so much easier than writing your own .bat file for JL Commander...

I would personally like to see more features that have been suggested before such as flick scrolling, better text selection (already on the way!), smoother animations, and a native screen lock when on phone calls (kind of required on a full touch screen device)...

CX: Do you have any information regarding the work on Storm OS's after GC is released?
    Last edited by thornem1; 02-28-09 at 03:28 PM.
    02-28-09 03:24 PM
    Coming from a programing and business perspective, I believe once RIM releases a GC up in the .13x's or .14x's RIM will slow down their work on the Storm OS...

I'm not trying to disappoint anyone, but RIM will most likely get the glitches fixed, plug in a few snazzy upgrades, and move resources away from the Storm unless VZW and other carriers really keep the pressure on them for more and more features and performance.

As anyone running .109 has probably already noticed, the typing lag is nearly eliminated and the releases are getting snappier. MMS should be the next main fix coming, for now I've replaced the .109 net_rim_bb_mms.cod with the .86 mms.cod. CrackUtil makes this so much easier than writing your own .bat file for JL Commander...

I would personally like to see more features that have been suggested before such as flick scrolling, better text selection (already on the way!), smoother animations, and a native screen lock when on phone calls (kind of required on a full touch screen device)...

CX: Do you have any information regarding the work on Storm OS's after GC is released?
    Work on the Storm firmware will actually continue at the same pace well after the .14X's. Dont you worry about that.
    02-28-09 04:09 PM
    Work on the Storm firmware will actually continue at the same pace well after the .14X's. Dont you worry about that.
    Only because 4.7 isnt the only OS for it :-p
    02-28-09 04:14 PM
    Actually the even better answer is money It costs RIM a fortune, a FORTUNE, every time a leak happens.

You would be shocked if I gave you some numbers on how much this costs, when RIM recieves a unit back from a carrier because a customer did something they shouldnt have, oh... I dont know, like install firmware they shouldnt even have, and then return the phone because its deemed "broken".
    02-28-09 04:18 PM
    Precisely!! Thanks dood.

5 is rolling along nicely
    02-28-09 04:19 PM
    The Storm WILL continue to get OS updates. Look at the 8XXX series devices they got 4.5 OS updates for quite a while the bold and 8900 are pretty good and still are getting updates

02-28-09 04:33 PM
    Actually the even better answer is money It costs RIM a fortune, a FORTUNE, every time a leak happens.

You would be shocked if I gave you some numbers on how much this costs, when RIM recieves a unit back from a carrier because a customer did something they shouldnt have, oh... I dont know, like install firmware they shouldnt even have, and then return the phone because its deemed "broken".
    Don't you think it would cost them less if they required the carriers to have techs with half a brain to fix firmware issues themselves. I guarantee you over half of the techs working for the carriers would probably botch an OS install with the best of the noobs out there. If you ask me, with the introduction of OTA updates, that'll just add to tech stupidity for the carriers. They already can't do isht more then a wipe when someone calls in with a simple issue. (What's that, your phone doesn't turn on because you took the battery out..... Let's try a wipe to fix that issue. )

02-28-09 06:26 PM
    Don't you think it would cost them less if they required the carriers to have techs with half a brain to fix firmware issues themselves. I guarantee you over half of the techs working for the carriers would probably botch an OS install with the best of the noobs out there. If you ask me, with the introduction of OTA updates, that'll just add to tech stupidity for the carriers. They already can't do isht more then a wipe when someone calls in with a simple issue. (What's that, your phone doesn't turn on because you took the battery out..... Let's try a wipe to fix that issue. )

I'm offended, lmao!!
    02-28-09 06:28 PM

Oh I cant disagree with that. I'm just giving you the blunt truth of a reason why this was a bad idea, what the other user suggested
    02-28-09 06:40 PM
    Oh I cant disagree with that. I'm just giving you the blunt truth of a reason why this was a bad idea, what the other user suggested
    Radio, predictions for the next leak? You've been on a roll!
    02-28-09 06:42 PM
    Radio, predictions for the next leak? You've been on a roll!
    Now now, you know I can not comment on this. Remember, I said I love my work/personal life (that could of been another thread lol).
    02-28-09 06:53 PM
    WTF. Crucial just told me a few days ago that they weren't working on another OS for the Storm.

His exact words on my thread was

"No, I never said anything about a 4.8 OS other than it's BS! Just look at the problems with 4.7. They surely aren't about to introduce a brand new OS to a device that doesn't function as it should. When this was mentioned before I said it wasn't happening."

LOL forgive me that I got the OS number wrong with 4.8 but I guess there's a 5.0 coming out?
    02-28-09 07:16 PM
    But no 5.0 for the storm

02-28-09 07:19 PM
    That's what Radio and Sith made it sound like. Read it. Just what it sounds like to me.
    02-28-09 07:22 PM
605 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD