BETA testers have .150, RIM's GC will probably be 4.7.1, at least thats the goal. And yes there have been many other OS's that were never leaked and for good reason. RIM and Verizon are actually working together and have decided not release Official OS's until "GC" is fininshed. I know I haven't posted many times. My Info is accurate. I try to only post when I feel it will truly benifit someone or community. This forum is not about bashing so please keep comments to your self.

Edit: buy the way when I said beta testers have .150 that was days ago.
    I can guarantee you that a .150 is not compiled/cooked yet for the storm. The storm will also never see a 4.7.1, but is scheduled to go to 5.0 "at some point". This is much further down the line.

VZW will release an OS upgrade when "deemed necessary". Is .75 performing to their desire until stability and functionality work together very well? You betcha, so no sense in fixing something that isnt broken to the general public. VZW has a VERY strict testing policy (the 7250 had one OS upgrade its entire history with VZW, as well as the 7130). The 8830 has only had 2 as far as I can remember, and the 8830 only recently got their 4.5 official update.
    02-27-09 07:02 PM
    Unlikely. At the very least it would narrow to a group of people.
    A very tiny select group that is...
    02-27-09 07:03 PM
    I do love radio posts
    02-27-09 07:07 PM
    A very tiny select group that is...
    The group is much larger than you think it is. 3 major CDMA carriers + RIM internal alpha + beta teams. Still a select group, but more than just a couple people.
    02-27-09 07:08 PM
    I do love Sith posts as well
    02-27-09 07:08 PM
    I can guarantee you that a .150 is not compiled/cooked yet for the storm. The storm will also never see a 4.7.1, but is scheduled to go to 5.0 "at some point". This is much further down the line.

VZW will release an OS upgrade when "deemed necessary". Is .75 performing to their desire until stability and functionality work together very well? You betcha, so no sense in fixing something that isnt broken to the general public. VZW has a VERY strict testing policy (the 7250 had one OS upgrade its entire history with VZW, as well as the 7130). The 8830 has only had 2 as far as I can remember, and the 8830 only recently got their 4.5 official update.
    Pk's testing policy is much more liberal, basically I'll try anything I can get my grubby little hands on. Of course I DO know what I'm doing, least I'm comfortable with recovering from a brick.
    02-27-09 07:20 PM
    Put him in his place Sith!! it seams Radio is just repeating you and Cx!
    02-27-09 07:25 PM
    I dont post much, but read a tremendous amount of posts to try to learn as much as I can about BB's. This thread has gotten so out of control and ridiculous. The Mods should put a stop to this one.
    02-27-09 07:33 PM

Pretty much. Verizon knows that the current OS more or less sucks but they aren't simply going to release another revision just to do so. When they release it the SW will have to be pretty much perfect. They have far too many customers(corporate being high on the list) to release a semi-decent upgrade. When they receive the right build and do plenty of testing, nad the build is right, then they will release a upgrade.
    I know that a lot of people on BB specific forums aren't totally happy with their device, but those people make up a very small percentage of total users so it's not the highest priority. Obviously the majority of Storm users can deal with what they have and Verizon is content to wait it out and release something that counts, regardless of what a small percentage of owners gripe about.

Put him in his place Sith!! it seams Radio is just repeating you and Cx!
    You aren't giving Radio enough credit. He knows plenty himself, and has an inside track most don't.
    02-27-09 07:47 PM
    Pk's testing policy is much more liberal, basically I'll try anything I can get my grubby little hands on. Of course I DO know what I'm doing, least I'm comfortable with recovering from a brick.
    You look exactly like my uncle willie. very creepy infact. Mon the leaks!!

Radio, you are fishing.
    02-27-09 08:12 PM
    Pretty much. Verizon knows that the current OS more or less sucks but they aren't simply going to release another revision just to do so. When they release it the SW will have to be pretty much perfect. They have far too many customers(corporate being high on the list) to release a semi-decent upgrade. When they receive the right build and do plenty of testing, nad the build is right, then they will release a upgrade.
    I know that a lot of people on BB specific forums aren't totally happy with their device, but those people make up a very small percentage of total users so it's not the highest priority. Obviously the majority of Storm users can deal with what they have and Verizon is content to wait it out and release something that counts, regardless of what a small percentage of owners gripe about.

You aren't giving Radio enough credit. He knows plenty himself, and has an inside track most don't.
    Man, so does this mean that despite suggestions that a better OS will be here soon, you and radio are suggesting that it isn't!??! I am getting so confused! Probably should put this thread aside. sorry, had to ask
    02-27-09 08:30 PM
    Man, so does this mean that despite suggestions that a better OS will be here soon, you and radio are suggesting that it isn't!??! I am getting so confused! Probably should put this thread aside. sorry, had to ask
    We will see something, no worries. Leaks are not dependant on VZW, plus other carriers and or RIM may choose to officially release something before VZW and we can use that if we choose (just delete the vendor.xml file). VZW has VERY strict release test/certifying processes, but that does NOT mean we won't see the release here first.

Relax, it comes when it comes and we appreciate, but not expect.
    02-27-09 08:38 PM
    but when man?
    02-27-09 08:56 PM
    but when man?
    Patience....dont ask....just wait
    02-27-09 09:05 PM
    Yes sir I will sit and wait like a correct newbie
    02-27-09 09:07 PM
    Yes sir I will sit and wait like a correct newbie

Thats not what I meant

All good things come to those who wait
    02-27-09 09:09 PM
    np, just throwin a little humor in
    02-27-09 09:27 PM
    CX updated it to .130. Seems like they flew through the .12x builds.
    02-27-09 10:00 PM
    What i am wondering is will the leaked releases work with BES. If so could one of the guys in the know shoot up a flair or something kind of like giving the green light to install a beta that is worth installing as opposed to running 75. My big fear is that I will screw something up with the bes functionallity. I have followed these threads but i am aprehensive to act on installing one unless its better than what I have in terms of stability. so if its 109 130 20000 I would love something new and more smooth than what I have now. I wish i could experiment with the rest of you guys but if I keep calling my IT people for service books and support I could get nixed from the server. I was granted access to bes due to connections with a senior administrator and dont want to anger anyone. sorry if this is posted in the wrong area or something.

Abigfish

P.S. I am quite familular with VZW and the snail like approach to new os releases I had a treo that was buggy and lagged and got one update in the time I owned it. I dont want an experience like that again.
    Last edited by Abigfish3; 02-28-09 at 12:50 AM.
    02-28-09 12:46 AM
    can we just ask for world anarchy if they dont release the GC soon? lol
    02-28-09 02:01 AM
    CX updated it to .130. Seems like they flew through the .12x builds.
    I forgot who said it, but they said they flew them fast, I believe they said in like a week. I'm not 100% on the time frame.
    02-28-09 02:23 AM
    Yeh, our little storm sure is growing up!
    02-28-09 02:31 AM
    Sounds like March is going to be a big month for Storm owners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 02:34 AM
    Yeh, our little storm sure is growing up!
    Yeah, but the said thing is that it will never be 4.7.1.xxx
    02-28-09 02:38 AM
    nice! thats sooo much further than ".109" lol
    02-28-09 03:35 AM
605 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD