Ill put $100.00 on the table the build is in the .130s already. What the leaks we have are just a tease to please us. I bet the .120s have major improvements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would hope so!, cause the recent leaks are virtually the same, no difference whats so ever.

Im still awaiting the dream build that the commercials use.
    02-27-09 10:03 AM
    IMHO credible info (when they are willing to drop tidbits) comes from CX (of course) Sith, and the new kid on the block radioguinea.

I have seen stuff that all 3 said prove out to be true. From 65 on up.
    I agree. 10 char
    02-27-09 10:39 AM
    I have heard that the .125 is what Verizon is going to release on March 3? Just what a teck told me Lot of Fixes in it New Look. We will see in 3 to 4 day now won't we. If he was correct
    02-27-09 10:51 AM
    Guys, guys guys....

Come on...

Blueberry said the device does get better with the new builds. Surely that is information only the members of the highest echolons of RIM would be privvy to.

I for one believe him to be a credible source.
    02-27-09 11:06 AM
    FileManager Pro on the Storm has flick scrolling, so I don't think the Blackberry OS is preventing it. I believe people developing the applications have to add that feature, not the Blackberry.
    It's also in the AP app so it's definitely something that can be done on the Storm already. It would be nice as an option for the basic BB apps like Contacts. If it's already available in 3rd party apps it doesn't seem like it should be that big a deal for RIM to make it available
    02-27-09 11:13 AM
    But how do we even know if Radio is telliing the truth? my feeling is that CX is the only credible person out there.

but at the end of the day....i'm not in that circle so, what do i know!
    how do we know?
    because three builds later from 109 and we have a new copy/paste function that these insiders (running .12x) failed to mention or notice. It explains why they didn't notice the full keyboard in portrait mode either in past leaks. I bet flick scrolling is in build .113 and of course they wouldn't notice that either, because they're busy confirming for us switching from portrait to landscape is a millisecond quicker. Almost forgot..are the mms forwarding , color depth, bbm freezing issues, etc fixed in this future leak? of course they can't answer you..how could they since they never had those issue in the first place..it's just every other blackberry owner out there...

I can understand wanting info early just like a kid wants to open his xmas presents early..but come on people..you're intelligent enough to work a smartphone..you should know better than to feed into their 5 minute of wannabe forum fame.
    02-27-09 11:33 AM
    I understand (somewhat) where BlueBerry is coming from. I 'know people' as well, well one person but that beyond the point . Anyway i get info from him baring in mind this info is from his "RIM contact" so i don't get it and run with it.

I was informed about the 9520 coming to Rogers 2 or so weeks before the leaked slides yet told no one online because when asked for proof what was i gonna say? "A friend told me". Get that sh!t outta here.

Is funny because Blueberry never said he was an insider. He posted some vague info and some people assumed he was.
    02-27-09 11:49 AM
    strm....that was a huge waste of a post. If an os w/ the gc is released, it will not be good on some and crappy on others, that's the definition of the betas. WHEN it gets officially released, it will run the same on all the phones (barring the very few exceptions which are people who usually mess the **** up themselves), just like .75 does.
    whats funny about your reply is you end it with a complete contradiction: (barring a few exceptions). i mean if your gonna rag me for speaking my mind on something, fine.(and no im not ragging on anyone just a observation of what i see) just dont end what your saying by proving what i commented on. obviously my post wasnt such a waste or you wouldnt have "wasted" the time to prove it for me. thnx
    02-27-09 12:17 PM
    i mean think about what you said,if its GC it works the same for everyone. ummm wouldnt .75 then be a supposed GC up to that point? if so why make more. obviously by your logic .75 should be the greatest OS out there. but they made more and more and if im right they are planning to release another GC. so i guess nothing is perfect and as i said before the cycle continues.
    02-27-09 12:23 PM
    i think he was referring to the Bold and not the storm when he made the comment about .245.
    Yeah the Bold and not the Storm.
    02-27-09 02:27 PM
    I understand (somewhat) where BlueBerry is coming from. I 'know people' as well, well one person but that beyond the point . Anyway i get info from him baring in mind this info is from his "RIM contact" so i don't get it and run with it.

I was informed about the 9520 coming to Rogers 2 or so weeks before the leaked slides yet told no one online because when asked for proof what was i gonna say? "A friend told me". Get that sh!t outta here.

Is funny because Blueberry never said he was an insider. He posted some vague info and some people assumed he was.
    Never said I was an insider. Like I said before I know what I read and I post what I read. And people shouldn't assume, makes an a** of you and me.
    Last edited by blueberry15; 02-27-09 at 02:38 PM.
    02-27-09 02:30 PM
    Never said I was an insider. Like I said before I know what I read and I post what I read. And people shouldn't assume, makes an a** of you and me.
    That's what i said. LOL! I'm on your side here.
    02-27-09 03:04 PM
    Ok lets not get off topic. Blueberry's right.

This is probably useless but Sith, CX, or Radio, do you have any tidbits you can tease us with for any of the upcoming beta/official releases?
    02-27-09 03:06 PM
    That's what i said. LOL! I'm on your side here.
    Lol. I know and thank you. I just wanted to quote you cause you had that part at the end in there.
    02-27-09 03:16 PM
    BETA testers have .150, RIM's GC will probably be 4.7.1, at least thats the goal. And yes there have been many other OS's that were never leaked and for good reason. RIM and Verizon are actually working together and have decided not release Official OS's until "GC" is fininshed. I know I haven't posted many times. My Info is accurate. I try to only post when I feel it will truly benifit someone or community. This forum is not about bashing so please keep comments to your self.

Edit: buy the way when I said beta testers have .150 that was days ago.
    Last edited by dperry9608; 02-27-09 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Correction
    02-27-09 03:58 PM
    The GC will not be 4.7.1 for the storm. They are not even in that development path for this device. Other devices yes.
    02-27-09 04:00 PM
    yawnnnnnnnnnn someone is always bashing someone for something and yet it generates hits, over 19000 man
    02-27-09 04:03 PM
    So basically my info is for BOLD and not STORM is that correct? I base that because If I remember correctly I was told 4.7 OS was designed for the Bold.
    02-27-09 04:08 PM
    Why do people post in here about useless posts? Isn't that useless in itself?

As far as the GC, I can't wait to have smooth, fast and reliable phone usage. I want to pull my Storm out with confidence, be able to show someone all the features without the fear of the black clock box popping up or the accelerometer sticking. I was at teh VZW kiosk last week and a lady was asking the rep about the Storm. I told her I have it and she asked me about it. I told her what I liked and didn't. Mostly positive. Then I whipped it out....the Storm, and showed her a few features. I tried to show her the Bablyon AD vid demo that comes stock and it took forever to load... This was the first for me it's done that, but she didn't buy one because of that and other bugs and slowness she saw in my phone....Sorry VZW/RIM .
    But, since CX has talked up the "Gold Code", regardless of it's real number, Im confident we will be happy.

So, bring it on!

Ps- Is tonight or tomorrow the official last day of the CB birthday week? One last final present?....
    02-27-09 04:12 PM
    So basically my info is for BOLD and not STORM is that correct? I base that because If I remember correctly I was told 4.7 OS was designed for the Bold.
    BOLD is OS 4.6.0.xxx

02-27-09 04:18 PM
    Actually I belive BOLD was designed for 4.7 but it is using 4.6 because the prelaunch of the STORM. I will make a call tonight and give you specifics tomorrow. I used to own a BOLD but couldn't deal with AT&T, and then the STORM came out on Verizon. I don't think my friend knows I don't have the BOLD any more but just the STORM. Again I'll find out tonight, but going out with boys tonight, so you may not here back till tomorrow. And again Verizon decided not to make Official release until the GC. It doesn't look like they will make March 31 deadline, but it shouldn't be to long.
    02-27-09 04:33 PM
    Ok lets not get off topic. Blueberry's right.

This is probably useless but Sith, CX, or Radio, do you have any tidbits you can tease us with for any of the upcoming beta/official releases?

I have been using the latest beta, thanks don..

and its much more superior than the .125

Id mention the beta number im using but that would give my guy away.

02-27-09 05:34 PM
    I have been using the latest beta, thanks don..

and its much more superior than the .125

Id mention the beta number im using but that would give my guy away.

Unlikely. At the very least it would narrow to a group of people.
    02-27-09 05:36 PM
    Ive noticed one place in the OS where RIM has scrolling with inertia - the sound profiles list.

If you have a few custom profiles, you have to scroll down to select them. This scrolling has inertia (keeps rolling after the flick). The down side is that it's obviously an early attempt by RIM - it's very slow and a bit jerky.

It does prove that they have at least tinkered with it. I imagine once the core OS is solid, they'll revisit it.

AP mobile also has flick scrolling so I think it's app by app.
    02-27-09 06:13 PM
    LOL at all the people who think they're "in the know".

Sith and CX are the only people I'd ever listen to on these boards.

02-27-09 06:42 PM
605 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD