maybe i'm wrong or have a misinterpretation of the situation, but the app store is basically ready to launch, and the OS version that is going to coorrelate with the app store launch isn't done. so are they working frantically to have a particular verison ready for "offical" or is it some like .285 version that we know nothing about? only time will tell.....maybe my friend from work will let me snag a copy of whatever he gets for testing. that would be epic win for me!!!!
    It doesn't have to be a new and amazing OS that comes out. It could simply be .109. The app center doesn't need anything new to run it.
    02-26-09 09:58 PM
    It doesn't have to be a new and amazing OS that comes out. It could simply be .109. The app center doesn't need anything new to run it.
    Yeah, it's not like BES 5.0 that needs OS 5.0 to really support it.
    02-26-09 10:00 PM
    Actually the latest is .245.
    His post said that .245 was the latest.
    02-26-09 11:03 PM
    Are you a Canuck Cx?
    02-26-09 11:19 PM
    cx what is your take on the new copy/paste method? Is it something to get excited about?
    02-26-09 11:20 PM
    Numbers mean some progress. And it's nice to see that RIM has made progress, whether it's in the right direction or not, time will tell, but they are putting a lot of hard work and hours to make storm THE BEST!!! Leaks give us hints of that progress and a taste of that smelly hot chocolate cake!!! Leaks keep on coming....
    Sure, but it doesn't really correlate well with the magnitude of the progress. My point is, the Storm is a pretty new handset with a fair few issues so it's not like RIM will stop developing the firmware anytime soon. How is *news* of .135 going to make things any better than .125? If that makes you happier, then I have nothing more to say Until vaporware (as far as the end user is concerned) becomes actual available firmware, I wouldn't get too excited about arbitrary, hypothetical and ultimately meaningless triple-digit numbers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:22 AM
    that was kind of my point, you just said it in so many words. i dont think a new OS and the app store are related, but if we get both on one day partay time is in order!
    02-27-09 02:38 AM
    I wish we had a 2.0 build so we all would be happy eh? eh? ^_^
    02-27-09 04:43 AM
    Here's a good question, Say Rim gives verizon it's best GC who's to say VZ is going to accept it. because we all now rim will give VZ the GC but be working on something bigger and better just in case. It is my understanding that code is never perfect and it is like a bad case of OCD, you keep polishing it and polishing it trying to make it sparkle just a little bit more and in a year or two someone just says stop and they are done playing with it because they are working on generation Three storms by then.
    02-27-09 04:55 AM
    Just had a read of the entire thread and all I can say is... wow. A lot of garbage flying around. All I managed to glean from the entire thread is that there is a very high possiblity that .130 is being tested as we speak.

Regarding blueberry's posts, they remind me a lot of of the daily horoscopes you find in cheap tabloid publications. Very general and vague comments like 'you may or may not' or 'there is a chance that this will happen, then again there is a chance it wont'. For me, he lost all credibility when he said 'just know it will be a much better device'.

Thanks captain obvious.
    02-27-09 06:15 AM
    Just had a read of the entire thread and all I can say is... wow. A lot of garbage flying around. All I managed to glean from the entire thread is that there is a very high possiblity that .130 is being tested as we speak.

Regarding blueberry's posts, they remind me a lot of of the daily horoscopes you find in cheap tabloid publications. Very general and vague comments like 'you may or may not' or 'there is a chance that this will happen, then again there is a chance it wont'. For me, he lost all credibility when he said 'just know it will be a much better device'.

Thanks captain obvious.
    Oh .130 is last weeks news
    02-27-09 06:47 AM
    Oh .130 is last weeks news
    Haha. Well that the second piece of useful information in this entire thread.
    02-27-09 07:08 AM
    cx what is your take on the new copy/paste method? Is it something to get excited about?
    SORRY VALACE, this is twice that Cx has ignored this question. maybe he doesn't want to comment because it may lead to other question ....
    Last edited by konstantine21; 02-27-09 at 07:42 AM.
    02-27-09 07:24 AM

Thanks captain obvious.
    I am NEVER one to start a "war", but I feel this is something the community needs to know. Blueberry's info is not to credible anymore. Based on the PM he sent me asking quite a few questions, to get answers. So just to inform the community, I would take his info with a grain of salt at best.
    02-27-09 07:42 AM
    I am NEVER one to start a "war", but I feel this is something the community needs to know. Blueberry's info is not to credible anymore. Based on the PM he sent me asking quite a few questions, to get answers. So just to inform the community, I would take his info with a grain of salt at best.
    Flame war .... dam! here we go again... mods might close this, if its out of topic...
    02-27-09 07:47 AM
    when was the last time it was on topic? lol
    02-27-09 07:51 AM
    Flame war .... dam! here we go again... mods might close this, if its out of topic...
    No need for this reaction, its for the better of the community to understand that hes looking to grab info.
    02-27-09 07:51 AM
    IMHO credible info (when they are willing to drop tidbits) comes from CX (of course) Sith, and the new kid on the block radioguinea.

I have seen stuff that all 3 said prove out to be true. From 65 on up.
    02-27-09 07:59 AM

Ummm what he said ...

And .245 is NOT the latest
    02-27-09 08:46 AM
    i think he was referring to the Bold and not the storm when he made the comment about .245.
    02-27-09 08:52 AM
    Quite clearly referring to the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:05 AM
    I get the feeling from his posts that Radio is trying really hard to make Bluebaerry15 look really bad!
    Blueberry probably isn't in the know circle,then why would Radio attack him so much?
    02-27-09 09:20 AM
    I get the feeling from his posts that Radio is trying really hard to make Bluebaerry15 look really bad!
    Blueberry probably isn't in the know circle,then why would Radio attack him so much?
    Blueberry brought it on himself. He is trying to act like he is in the know, when he in fact is not. Radio is just letting people know he isn't so the don't take the info Blueberry is saying as inside info, but rather what it really is. Just reiterating other people comments.
    02-27-09 09:41 AM
    I disagree. He is only saying that we should be a bit Leary of the information he is providing. I would rather know who I can trust than not. thanks radio for the heads up.
    02-27-09 09:52 AM
    But how do we even know if Radio is telliing the truth? my feeling is that CX is the only credible person out there.

but at the end of the day....i'm not in that circle so, what do i know!
    Last edited by theplayer954305; 02-27-09 at 09:58 AM.
    02-27-09 09:54 AM
605 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD