Radio, any idea if the storm will adopt the letter pop up that the G1 and other phones use when typing?

Not a big deal to myself as I use suretype but curious if its something users can look forward to.
    02-26-09 07:08 AM
    02-26-09 07:19 AM
    They are behind quite a bit... By "at least" 12 builds. Thats all I can say
    02-26-09 07:28 AM
    Who is behind by 12? Crackberry or bbf?
    02-26-09 07:42 AM
    Sounds like 7 to me, assuming each build increases by 1/1000.
    02-26-09 08:06 AM
    Sounds like 7 to me, assuming each build increases by 1/1000.
    considering Radios sig says hes in the .130's its at least 12. .118+12=.130
    02-26-09 08:11 AM
    In a nutshell, flick scrolling = when you scroll through "contacts" or "artists" on an iphone/itouch and it keeps scrolling and gradually stops when youre doing flicking the screen.
    Oh I see, so everyone wants an iphone instead of a blackberry? The Storm to me is much more to me than a phone ,its my mobile digital life! By the time they release another official upgrade the iphone will go the way of the buffalo,Apple makes great computers and mp3 players, not so good in the "phone market" in my experience plus RIM has been in the smartphone world and well known and well used around the world for the last ten yrs, this is my first blackberry and i love it! Thats why i bought it because it was a blackberry not an iphone! So if you cant live without flick scrolling get an iphone and leave us loyal blackberry abusers alone, kind of like honeymoon salad ....Lettuce alone!
    02-26-09 08:13 AM
    It came from me. .125 isn't the newest either, but as I've said before i don't always put the absolute newest up.

Edit: Different sites update the list a different times. And as I've said before, we don't all live to update the list. We try and keep you guys informed the best we can. I'm sure you will see that BBF has builds listed that are newer than what we have listed. And vice versa. It's all about timing.
    02-26-09 08:16 AM
    CX your very sneaky indeed. With all your recent posts you've given you very much are . I'm sure its far later than .125. Sneaky but when I knew .111 was the latest I was sure .125 was already in work or being tested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:22 AM
    hey CX, can you tell us if the newer OS's are being concentrated on fixing/prevention of things or newer features or both? Things like the text select that will be changed in a later release are cool, but this thing has other problems. I guess i'm asking what are the devs seeing as more important at the moment?

If you can't say, will you at least tell me you can't say? lol
    02-26-09 08:25 AM
    The only thing I will do is update the list at times. I can't speak to features or functions of the newer revisions. Sorry.
    02-26-09 08:33 AM
    Oh I see, so everyone wants an iphone instead of a blackberry? The Storm to me is much more to me than a phone ,its my mobile digital life! By the time they release another official upgrade the iphone will go the way of the buffalo,Apple makes great computers and mp3 players, not so good in the "phone market" in my experience plus RIM has been in the smartphone world and well known and well used around the world for the last ten yrs, this is my first blackberry and i love it! Thats why i bought it because it was a blackberry not an iphone! So if you cant live without flick scrolling get an iphone and leave us loyal blackberry abusers alone, kind of like honeymoon salad ....Lettuce alone!
    Just because someone wants flick scrolling doesn't mean they want an IPhone instead of a storm. It means they want more functionality out of their current device.

It is much easier to go to contacts and flick scroll to the "C's" then it is to Click "Find" then Click the letter "C" then scroll slowly to the person with the letter C you are looking for. Just the same as it is much quicker to do the same in your music lists.

It is simply about functionality. And when the Pre comes out, will you then say that we now want a Pre and an IPhone and not a blackberry. Why can't we have a Blackberry AND flick scrolling.

Or is this going to be the copy and paste of the IPhone? Ask and you shall never receive...
    02-26-09 08:36 AM
    Just because someone wants flick scrolling doesn't mean they want an IPhone instead of a storm. It means they want more functionality out of their current device.

It is much easier to go to contacts and flick scroll to the "C's" then it is to Click "Find" then Click the letter "C" then scroll slowly to the person with the letter C you are looking for. Just the same as it is much quicker to do the same in your music lists.

It is simply about functionality. And when the Pre comes out, will you then say that we now want a Pre and an IPhone and not a blackberry. Why can't we have a Blackberry AND flick scrolling.

Or is this going to be the copy and paste of the IPhone? Ask and you shall never receive...
    Its a free country do what you want....all im saying is im happy with my Storm and apple built their phone the way it is and i dont think RIM has to put something somebody else came up with on their phone just to attract customers. Period. No hard feeling intended. i can see all my contacts on one page and my music dont have to scroll through the alphabet to find them.
    Last edited by elad1; 02-26-09 at 08:46 AM.
    02-26-09 08:43 AM
    i can see all my contacts on one page and my music dont have to scroll through the alphabet to find them.
    This is why it doesn't matter to you... however some people have a lot of contacts and a lot of music and it can take a while to scroll through the way it is now. Personally I like the way it is but I can see why people would want it to flick.
    02-26-09 09:01 AM
    Maybe not flick just speed the scroll

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:12 AM
    FileManager Pro on the Storm has flick scrolling, so I don't think the Blackberry OS is preventing it. I believe people developing the applications have to add that feature, not the Blackberry.
    02-26-09 09:25 AM
    Radio, in the words of DR Evil

"Throw me a freakin bone here!"
    02-26-09 09:31 AM
    Ive noticed one place in the OS where RIM has scrolling with inertia - the sound profiles list.

If you have a few custom profiles, you have to scroll down to select them. This scrolling has inertia (keeps rolling after the flick). The down side is that it's obviously an early attempt by RIM - it's very slow and a bit jerky.

It does prove that they have at least tinkered with it. I imagine once the core OS is solid, they'll revisit it.
    02-26-09 09:34 AM
    The only thing I will do is update the list at times. I can't speak to features or functions of the newer revisions. Sorry.
    I'm not on here all day, every day so maybe I missed it, but what list are you updating?

BTW, thanks for the info that you do provide. It certainly adds to the fun of this addiction. The fact that RIM stands behind their products and continues to make them better is why I keep buying BBs.
    02-26-09 09:36 AM
    I'm not on here all day, every day so maybe I missed it, but what list are you updating?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lat...-builds-58960/
    02-26-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks Rosco... it's always so embarrassing to be out of the loop.
    02-26-09 09:39 AM
    I find it funny how everyone thinks they want flick scrolling. *IF* it happens I'll bet that its jerky and annoying looking and ends up being one of the biggest things people are complaining about... I say fix everything else first.
    I agree totally...let's get the quirks worked out - such as the MMS issue - before we go building our "nice to have" list of demands

Just my opinion....
    02-26-09 09:55 AM
    is anything ever truly fixed? not ragging anyone who knows this stuff but common sense comes into play that nothing is ever perfect. always gonna be problems ,always gonna be a way to make it "bigger,stronger,faster". i mean so what if a new os says gold code or beta.its just a program with a fancy name.its gonna work good on some phones and be crappy on others. i think the biggest problem is our own need to believe that theres this magical world of bug free phones and computers designed specifically for us and no one else.not gonna happen. blogs like this would have no need to exist.(oh god the horror!!!) lol. anyway i love my phone(storm) its quirky and doesnt agree with me all the time but im running .109 and phone is great.all i know is whatever version(or whatever you wanna call it GC,BETA,ETC..)they come out with wont be the last.nor will the one after and the cycle continues.....
    02-26-09 12:19 PM
    strm....that was a huge waste of a post. If an os w/ the gc is released, it will not be good on some and crappy on others, that's the definition of the betas. WHEN it gets officially released, it will run the same on all the phones (barring the very few exceptions which are people who usually mess the **** up themselves), just like .75 does.
    02-26-09 01:28 PM
    strm....that was a huge waste of a post. If an os w/ the gc is released, it will not be good on some and crappy on others, that's the definition of the betas. WHEN it gets officially released, it will run the same on all the phones (barring the very few exceptions which are people who usually mess the **** up themselves), just like .75 does.
    Go easy on Storm, Crow. This device especially has different results for different users, EVEN ON .75. We know people can screw them up by tinkering with them, but I think in a LOT of instances, this phone acts differently for different users for reasons OTHER than "messing the **** up themselves."
    02-26-09 01:53 PM
605 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD