i downloaded the digital copy of the dark knight movie to my computer (its a windows media video file) and when i try to put it on my storm, it doesnt work.

what kind of file to i have to convert this to to make it work? and what software will work best for the conversion?
    03-18-09 02:46 PM
    everything you need to know about putting videos on your storm>
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...n-howto-99653/
    03-18-09 02:51 PM
    how big is the dark knight video file?
    03-18-09 04:13 PM
    I also downloaded the dark knight digital copies. They give you two, one for portable usage (677mb) and one "premium" version (2.32gb).
    Ive searched on here and found some people talking about certain rights protection on these files.
    Ive tried using handbrake to convert both versions of the digital downloads and it doesnt work. After hitting start it says encoding finished but gives a weird file as the output, not a converted movie.

I chalked it up as there being a new rights protection on these dark knight files that handbrake doesnt work with...yet(hopefully)
    I want to try ripping the actual dvd to my cpu using another program I have and see if that works. I guess ill try it tonight and see.

If anyone else has any insight, feel free to help out!
    03-18-09 04:34 PM
    ya alot of those good quality WMV's that you download dont convert for me either im guessing copyright crap...all i get is audio when i put it on crackberry
    03-18-09 05:17 PM
    I want to try ripping the actual dvd to my cpu using another program I have and see if that works. I guess ill try it tonight and see.

After you rip DVD..converted to MP4 then use DM to transfer the movies to your Storm. I use Format Factory to converted to MP4. Its excellent quality..here's the link for free download if you don't have software already.

FormatFactory - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    03-18-09 06:04 PM
    II want to try ripping the actual dvd to my cpu using another program I have and see if that works. I guess ill try it tonight and see.

DVDfab -> handbrake -> Storm
    (no need for DM)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/dv...ctures-107961/
    03-18-09 06:16 PM
    They are not ripping off of dvd. Handbrake will not work for these files. The only way I have found so far to take DC to storm is to download the digital copy into itunes and then use Tunebite to convert it from MPV to MP4. This strips off the copyright.
    03-18-09 06:34 PM
    After you rip DVD..converted to MP4 then use DM to transfer the movies to your Storm. I use Format Factory to converted to MP4. Its excellent quality..here's the link for free download if you don't have software already.

FormatFactory - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    what he said
    03-18-09 07:06 PM
    Hey, just wanted to add that tunebit works great. I used it to get the Dark Knight on my storm.

If you download the trial version of tunebit 6, you can find the serial online. Otherwise the trial version will only convert 60 seconds of the movie.

If you need any help, let me know.
    03-19-09 10:47 AM
    Hey, just wanted to add that tunebit works great. I used it to get the Dark Knight on my storm.

If you download the trial version of tunebit 6, you can find the serial online. Otherwise the trial version will only convert 60 seconds of the movie.

If you need any help, let me know.
    tunebit is awesome. Drag the mp4 version onto your card. Simple as pie.

--Jason
    03-19-09 10:57 AM
    tunebit is awesome. Drag the mp4 version onto your card. Simple as pie.

--Jason
    Couldn't agree more, does a great job every time I need to convert something .
    05-20-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD