I've had the Storm for a month and from my perspective, there are a few things that (I think) they need to address.

1.) When the phone rings, it automatically goes to portrait mode so it's easier to answer and there isn't a delay when hitting the answer button.

2.) Make a menu option to delete unwanted icons. I have installed several themes lately that put "bookmarks" as an icon, and the only way to get rid of them is to uninstall the theme, or hide the icon. Not sure if this is a user problem or what.

3.) Support for pay-for-sites such as Rhapsody and other sites that use DRM file protection. Yes, I know there are several sites out there that don't use DRM, however when you have a library full of songs/videos, I'd like to use them.

4.) Boot faster after a battery pull?

5.) Make it so you can hold down one of the static buttons and kill all running non-essential programs. It's a pain when you notice your phone running really slow, then find out that the last 5 apps you opened weren't closed properly. I haven't found a way to do this yet, but it would be really nice.

6.) Adjustable volume from just hitting the volume keys on the side? It seems that you have to go into a menu to get this done when you're not on a call. I don't want to be fumbling through menus to turn the phones ringer off when I'm in a meeting and realized it was still on.

Hopefully some of these are already being addressed in the future release. Seems like a great phone once you have played with it for awhile...not sure how I've ever been without one in the past...but I'm making up for it now. ha ha

-S
    03-09-09 02:15 PM
    Id like to see it now................
    03-09-09 03:23 PM
    I completely agree with you on point 1. There's no reason the phone needs to be in landscape view when someone calls in. Frankly, the switching back and forth of the view when you actually are picking up your phone makes it longer to actually answer the call.

You can't answer the phone in landscape view (holding it up to your face), so why they even have the ring screen show up in landscape is a wonder to me.
    03-09-09 05:06 PM
    Maybe to add on the reset thing... How about an option when turning the storm off to do a soft reset. This would eliminate the need for quickpull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD