Who else has found apps that give you the option between touch only and clicking?

I would imagine I am not the only one who is stupid amounts of annoyed by the loudness of the click screen on the Storm. For some this may not matter but when I am sitting in a conference trying to kill time and the people are looking over their should at me because of the clicking I hate it. Or when I am laying in bed with the fiancee and she keeps telling me 'to put the dam thing away because it annoys her with the clicking'

Well last night I was on the TD Stocks app that is available OTA in the 3rd party app forum and when I went into options it gave me the option of using touch only. I must say it was a beautiful option to have. Obviously if they can put it in their app it is possible to be on all/added as a general option. Here is hoping it takes off....yes the clicking is great but at times being able to be silent would rock. Am I the only one that thinks the click is stupid amounts of loud compared to the sound of the other Blackberries I have owned and find it difficult to use it in 'stealth mode'....or as people who walk by my office while I am typing under my desk call it "playing with myself mode".....

PS. Its under configuration touch instead of click
    Last edited by tscheidt; 02-05-09 at 01:24 PM.
    02-05-09 01:15 PM
    This is like your poll about the inertial scrolling. But really it comes down to maybe you shouldn't be texting (or whatever else) while in a conference, or while in bed with your fiance.
    02-05-09 01:25 PM
    I have no idea why people buy a device that is very clear about needing to click the screen.

Only to turn around and complain about having to click.

What is wrong with the many other pure touchscreen phones in Verizon's lineup??

I also agree about the inappropriateness of Blackberrying while in bed with your fiance
    02-05-09 01:32 PM
    If I missed the part where the forums were to come in and complain everytime you did not like a post I must apologize for it.

Nothing was said about not liking the actualy screen or how it works I clearly say I think it is great. Just would prefer the option to at times be able to use it ina touch only mode.

Once again if you have a problem don't post and don't read. Get a life and find something constructive to say. Its rants etc not 'i like see myself type my opinion'.....shouldn't be typing in a conference.....I since you are likely tucked in a corner cubicle with your star wars poster thumb tacked up you would not understand.....clients want to hear from you now and not later. I am sure when you are asked for your TPS reports your boss does not like you to take your time while you are playing Dungeons and Dragons online.....

And thanks for the relationship advice Dr.Phil....next time you and your blow up dolls need some advice call me.

Either way this is a good addition to and app and the point is to see if there are more or if anyone else found a way to keep the noise down.
    Last edited by tscheidt; 02-05-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: because
    02-05-09 02:04 PM
    Cool it with the personal attacks..........
    02-05-09 02:11 PM
    Hahaha TPS reports

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 02:59 PM
    Hahaha TPS reports

Glad someone picked up on that.

And it was not personal it was just being sick of people coming in to comment on how much they don't like a forum if you don't like it move on.
    02-05-09 04:51 PM
    NickyParsons :Cool it with the personal attacks..........
    you wanna talk about personal attacks.....

I have no idea why people buy a device that is very clear about needing to click the screen.

I guess you missed the name of the thread where it says "Wishing you could select between touch and clicking?

Ya we all thought it was effing bad A to have a screen that clicks... little did we know how annoying it would be when trying to be 'stealth like'.

He likes alot of other storm owners I know wish for the same option.

I also agree about the inappropriateness of Blackberrying while in bed with your fiance
    You obviously have never gotten a message or E-mail while lying in bed huh?
    grow up Troll.
    02-05-09 05:16 PM
    NickyParsons :Cool it with the personal attacks..........
    you wanna talk about personal attacks.....

You obviously have never gotten a message or E-mail while lying in bed huh?
    grow up Troll.

New account, trying to call me out? I won't even indulge you by arguing further.
    02-05-09 05:26 PM

New account, trying to call me out? I won't even indulge you by arguing further.
    cool then quit calling out people and judging them and then saying some garbage like 'cool it with the personal attacks'

read the name of the thread
    02-05-09 05:30 PM
    cool then quit calling out people and judging them and then saying some garbage like 'cool it with the personal attacks'

read the name of the thread
    HAH! SOme common sense....LOVE IT!

I just don't get how in each thread people have to come in and state how they think the thread is stupid and they don't like it....if you don't like it glance and move on....if you really need to try to argue with someone to show how smart you are yell at your mom to bring you more marshmallows in your hot chocolate to you in the basement.

Once again I do love the feed back on the click screen and many times I love it. It does not matter where you are...even on a red eye people will get annoyed by the loud clicking...and I never had that problem with other bberries. Now that I find out that a simple 3rd party app can choose to use touch only it is obviously an option that can't be too hard to add. If you have a problem with the idea you are nuts......do you think the first convertable testing went like this.....'well yah this no roof thing is bad a** but its really loud and I get wet when it rains...........I guess we could put a roof on it but that would ruin the point of the unique no roof thing'.......oh I guess I should put it in terms you could understand.......what if blow up dolls only came with one wig hair colour....don't you think it is better you can switch.......its all about choices and people like choices. I just am hoping in the future touch only at times is an option and the point is if people know anything about it I would love to hear.

As for the whole not listening to Banza because of a low post count.....give me a break...I am on here a lot and just started posting. Last time I look nobody ever got a girl-job-anything because of their post amount on crackberry......or did I miss the breaking news that said 'President Obama was elected today based on his Crackberry forum posts.......can you believe the noob who challenged him that only had 4'......I think not. All a million posts means is you had nothing better to do......and really most of us don't know the word 'noob' outside of here or on Big Bang Theory (Gotta love Sheldon). For the love of God relax.....I love My blackberry and this site....but its fun not a challenge of who can type the most about how much they think other people are stupid.....and with that I digress.....

ps. Thank you Mr Banza for defending my Crackberry honor
    02-05-09 08:47 PM
    lol. Too funny. If I didn't know better, Id say you were my brother from another mother. I've argued several of your points In December....Don't get too worried about what some people here say tscheidt. Just remember to let them pass the kool-aide and smile and nod.

I for one think they SHOULD make the click optional and argued passionately for same a while back.
    02-05-09 10:02 PM
    ITT: tscheidt busts loads of truthful ownage all over bigman2's face
    02-05-09 11:25 PM
    Weird. I was BlackBerrying in bed next to my girlfriend, thinking how nice it would be to turn off the click for a little bit... Then I come across this one. Weird.

Oh, and Nicky... Seriously? Making fun of someone because of a low "post count"? I can't believe you even thought to check.

02-06-09 01:19 AM
    Maybe the lock could be an option within the profiles. Maybe when the phone is in normal or loud (whenever the ring tones are able to be heard) that the click is an option. And the touch could be an option for when the phone is on silent or vibrate.

02-06-09 04:10 AM
    Most apps that dont have a click feature means it wasn't made for Storm. My click us quite I donr hear it. And if u use this cool feature called search u will see plenty of threads on this. My last phone was louder then then my storm.

02-06-09 05:50 AM
    Most apps that dont have a click feature means it wasn't made for Storm. My click us quite I donr hear it. And if u use this cool feature called search u will see plenty of threads on this. My last phone was louder then then my storm.

Once again please see any of the previous posts about if you don't like something don't comment. There appears to be some normal people on here commenting and then I am guessing you had a nightmare about someone stealing your He-Man sheets and replacing them with yucky normal ones so you came on here to feel better. Yes we all know what the search function is thanks....I was going to invent a website to use this search thing but these guys named Google already seem to have made a site for it (maybe I will find a new million dollar idea)........Most importantly it has nothing to do with not being made for the storm it is this way because it was specifically made for the storm....hence the 'touch or click only' option......maybe learn to know what we are talking about before you try to cut us down. It is a stock app that has it......stocks are those things that the people who tell you what to do own and are worried about. Please try to either avoid being mean or say something constructive......oh and if your storm is not louder than other touch key phones either disable your key tones:-).........or take your phone back because when I had the faulty touch screen mechanism it was not very loud and now that I have a replaced perfect one it is very loud.

@jdoc77......you could be my brother my parents did say there is no way I belong to them :-)

@Drew....thank you for some common sense...I have never seen more people than in this forum that are not to busy freaking out over tiny things but more worried about actually being sensible....you must not live under a rock......or in a comic book store.

@Ladybug....I do like the idea of it being an option in the silent modes.....but there are times when say the baby is sleeping that the click does not matter but a ring would wake her up....perhaps a silent/touch option would be perfect.....or it could be there just like the option for different keyboard types under options.
    02-06-09 10:13 AM
    Pardon my ignorance as I don't have a Storm. I have been reading hundreds of threads about it though over the last 4 months.

My puzzlement is because I thought the Storm's 'click' was a physical noise made when its screen is depressed, not a programmable event? What did I miss or misunderstand in those 4 months?
    02-06-09 10:40 AM
    Pardon my ignorance as I don't have a Storm. I have been reading hundreds of threads about it though over the last 4 months.

My puzzlement is because I thought the Storm's 'click' was a physical noise made when its screen is depressed, not a programmable event? What did I miss or misunderstand in those 4 months?
    it IS a physical noise however the screen registers touches that are not accompanied by a pushed click, so there is an ability to type by purely touching
    02-06-09 10:49 AM
    What it boils down to is every one wants to be like the iphone.I've had my Storm from day one it clicks great. I guess if put a microphone up to it will b a load click.

02-06-09 11:58 AM
    What it boils down to is every one wants to be like the iphone.I've had my Storm from day one it clicks great. I guess if put a microphone up to it will b a load click.

I did not know there were load clicks but cool..

I don't think I want to be like the iphone.....maybe at times my phone does but it really doesn't talk to me about its personal feelings....(maybe when you put your microphone up to it your Storm talks to you?)..unless I guess you count the ring tones with words....or the people who talk to me through the speaker thing.....but if my phone tells me it wants to be the iphone you will be first to know

Did not hear anyone say their phone does not click great...in fact you could argue it clicks to well and that is why some would like the option to have a silent touch only mode....NOBODY HAS SAID THEY DON'T LIKE THE CLICK OR THE FEEDBACK IT GIVES!!!......JUST SAYING THEY LIKE THE OPTION TO USE TOUCH ONLY!!!

Once again this is not about debating wanting the Storm to be like the iphone.....did not see that mentioned or put in this thread as a specific thing......my GPS is touch only so I guess I want my Storm to be like the Magellan GPS....Or the Samsung Instinct.....or by your theory I would like my Storm to be like the airport auto check in...or the auto check out at Walmart.......or I guess in order to relate it to your daily experience like the minute selector button on the peep show.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT MAKING ANOTHER IPHONE......this is about wanting the OPTION of touch only.....almost every phone has buttons........do you hear people say 'oh you have buttons well you must want your phone to be like a dress shirt because it has buttons too'......use your head!

The physical click is loud compared to other phones and for people using it beyond a basement or cubicle in a corner it does at times register a bit loud in some situations and would be good to have an option to use touch only.... likely we will see more 3rd party apps with the option before RIM gives in and admits that the click screen is not ideal in 100% of the situations but I feel pretty confident in the future we will see it.......and no I don't mean in the Star Trek future like you are watching right now.....I mean in the next 365.

PS. Once again dripping with sarcasm...and not meant to be mean but really once again you have to come in and complain about people talking about something you don't agree with when it has no place among people wanting to discuss something and have a sensible talk about something.
    Last edited by tscheidt; 02-06-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Because I like to
    02-06-09 12:18 PM
    WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT MAKING ANOTHER IPHONE......this is about wanting the OPTION of touch only.....almost every phone has buttons........do you hear people say 'oh you have buttons well you must want your phone to be like a dress shirt because it has buttons too'......use your head!
    lolololol awesome
    02-06-09 12:20 PM
    it IS a physical noise however the screen registers touches that are not accompanied by a pushed click, so there is an ability to type by purely touching
    Oh and thank you for answering the question and not acting like the guy is a total ***** because he asked a sensible question like usually happens in these threads....there need so be more people who are just helpful in here.
    02-06-09 12:21 PM
    Oh and thank you for answering the question and not acting like the guy is a total ***** because he asked a sensible question like usually happens in these threads....there need so be more people who are just helpful in here.
    for real

because when someone asks a question its better to call them names and tell them to use the search function even if you know the answer. and then they go use the search function only to find 500 other threads about it where someone tells them to search for it.

and all you find is searches, but no findings

sounds like a george carlin bit RIP
    02-06-09 12:45 PM
    for real

because when someone asks a question its better to call them names and tell them to use the search function even if you know the answer. and then they go use the search function only to find 500 other threads about it where someone tells them to search for it.

and all you find is searches, but no findings

sounds like a george carlin bit RIP
    AMEN BROTHER!!

And you forgot to mention those threads also include people talking about how stupid the idea of making those threads are because really if one person does not like them and 20 others do whatever could be the point of them.......

I still have not found one app besides the TD trader one found under Storm OTA apps that allows you to use touch only.....has anyone else found one?
    02-06-09 01:40 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD