Hey Newbie Storm2 owner here... i just got a new icon on my phone saying wireless updates are available... what exactly is this going to update? and should I do it?

When an update is available should I do some research first to see if there have been any problems... how should I handle this; other than just install it... LOL

Thanks,

Bryan
    06-24-10 09:37 AM
    I don't install the wireless updates because on a pc/laptop you can actually modify or change what's going to be loaded. The update depends on what you are running now. If you haven't upgraded to the latest official release, it's probably prompting you to do so
    06-24-10 09:50 AM
    thanks for the reply... but if I don't install it, how do I get it off the display on my phone???

Thanks...
    06-24-10 10:00 AM
    By the way... if its asking me to update and displaying the icon on the home screen how can I disable that? I want to stay on 607 since I've been to 713 and had lots of trouble.
    06-24-10 10:00 AM
    I'm not sure. I always remove the ota update cods before I install my OS. Someone else can hopefully chime in or you can remove them using a tool called bbsak (blackberry swiss army knife) there is a thread on here for that and it's a free program. Use only if you feel comfortable
    06-24-10 10:02 AM
    By the way... if its asking me to update and displaying the icon on the home screen how can I disable that? I want to stay on 607 since I've been to 713 and had lots of trouble.
    713 is a disaster. It is embarrassing that RIM put this out. Slanted screens, stuck send buttons, and now this terrible OS. Not to mention a browser from the stone age. Blah.
    06-24-10 12:28 PM
    mine is 607 now and it is wanting to look for and install 713... from your guys notes, it sounds like i should definitely not install 713...

but how do I get this daggum icon off???

thanks
    06-24-10 01:03 PM
    mine is 607 now and it is wanting to look for and install 713... from your guys notes, it sounds like i should definitely not install 713...

but how do I get this daggum icon off???

thanks
    you should install .713 that os is better then .607 by a landslide.
    06-24-10 01:09 PM
    You should check out both threads and decide which is best for you. I use the base for 607 with a hybrid. I never tried either OS fully

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-fixes-483007/
    06-24-10 01:29 PM
    if I don't like 713 can I go back to 607???
    06-24-10 01:58 PM
    Yeah. You can actually go back to 517 and 320 if they work better. They all have links in this forum and there are threads for all of them with findings for good and bad
    06-24-10 02:03 PM
    Regarding the questions about getting the icon "off", just do what I usually do and hide it or move it into another folder off of the home screen and put it "out of sight, out of mind". I never do OTA upgrades anyway, but that's a different story.

I'm running .713 and am quite happy with it, for what it's worth.
    06-24-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD