Until now, I was using the wired headset that came with my storm. After three weeks of use, one channel is now dead.

I'm shopping for a new one - this time, something more sturdy and reliable. I like the on/off button feature and would like to find a headset that has that.

Looking to get some recommendations for reasonably priced wired headsets that sound reasonably decent and don't ding the wallet too much.

I was wondering if the headphones made for iPhone work with the storm?

In looking at some pictures, on the 3.5mm jack, headphones for BB, and iPhone, both have three rings - which leads to believe they are interchangeable.

Lastly, I've seen small inline devices that at one end, they have a 3.5mm jack - the other end has a small receptacle for a headphone jack but the body of this receptacle has a mic and an on/off switch. Essentially, this device allows you to use your own favorite headset you may already have (for example from your mp3 player) yet provide the functionality of an on/off switch and a mic. Amazon has a few of these type of devices, just wondering if anyone has tried those with the Storm.

Whew ! ok - that should do it for the questions (for now)

Thanks
    Last edited by gadgetzilla; 04-16-09 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added additional question
    04-16-09 08:32 PM
    Here's a great set of Blackberry wired head phones that work great:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=C1EhsVOO

You can get them from Verizon for $39.99 and with a corp discount it's even cheaper. I got mine from Verizon for $29.99. They work fantastic!
    04-16-09 09:24 PM
    I'm looking for new wired headsets as well, the original ones hurt my ears and one of them died on me too, I'd be interested to know what you end up getting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 10:12 PM
    NuForce NE7M

Great sound (highly recommended on head-fi.org)
    inline mic
    toggle control
    $50
    04-16-09 10:19 PM

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=5AhOuhlQ

You can get them from Verizon for $39.99 and with a corp discount it's even cheaper. I got mine from Verizon for $29.99. They work fantastic!
    I have those too - they work pretty good but I've been eying the Z.buds. They look sweet.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones
    04-16-09 10:23 PM
    the blackberry ones look good..
    but that zagg one looks real comfy!! doesn't look so great ... but is all about performance right?
    04-16-09 10:27 PM
    but why do these wired headsets cost so much? more than bluetooth headsets... the technology has advanced so much... why do they still charge so much?
    is like buying a cassete tape for $30
    04-16-09 10:32 PM
    To me there's something about listening to tunes with a wired headset.. maybe it represents a more organic or analog experience even though I know it's all digital lol.

CNF
    04-16-09 10:42 PM
    I agree w/RunRiot i like the sound through wired headsets, i have a $15 pair from skullcandy, but they're just headphones if i get a call i gotta disconnect them but the sound is so nice through them.
    04-16-09 11:13 PM
    I agree w/RunRiot i like the sound through wired headsets, i have a $15 pair from skullcandy, but they're just headphones if i get a call i gotta disconnect them but the sound is so nice through them.
    True dat. It's also nice having a peripheral that does not require charging.
    04-17-09 12:04 AM

Skull Candy does make headphones with the mic too. Just a bit more money....

Best Buy Mobile: Cell Phone Accessories: Skullcandy iPhone FMJ Earbuds - Black | Best Buy Canada Web Store
    04-17-09 12:49 AM
    awesome feedback !!! Thanks everyone who has replied so far.

I'm 'googling' all the suggestions.....

I too often wonder why some of these headsets cost SO much - some, almost as much as decent bookshelf speakers for your home stereo, yet, they are so fragile, and easy to get damaged.
    04-17-09 01:46 AM

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=C1EhsVOO

Thank you VERY much for the corp discount purchase tip. If you had not mentioned it, I had forgotten all about it.

Looks like I can also get these through my company's corp discount. They are available for to me at $23.99. I will definitely purchase this. I read the description, I like the multimedia features. The price is definitely right and the reviews on the web are certainly favorable.
    Last edited by gadgetzilla; 04-17-09 at 02:35 AM.
    04-17-09 02:30 AM
    I just purchased the Zagg ear buds. They are great. Very happy

04-22-09 04:06 PM
    I like the OEM set, but broke mine, got a new replacement OEM set off ebay for $5.
    04-22-09 04:15 PM
    I just got my z.buds from future shop here in toronto for 18.06 with tax. Amazing set of headphones. On os 6 the hang up and voice dialing work. Skipping songs doesn't work, but then again I never like the next song and my phone is out when I'm listening to music. I must say they were a great buy considering I paid less than 20 dollars canadian for them. Excellent sound quality!

12-04-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD