I try doing a search but couldn't find an answer. I read somewhere that if you unlocked your phone it will be unlock forever but what if you wiped your storm to downgrade. Will my phone still be unlocked? I'm at .83 and have issues like everyone else; crashes a lot. I liked .75/.76 better

Thanks for everyone help here on the forum with great information and steps on how to do things. unlocking the phone was easy however the reps did try to say I have not been a verizon customer long enough when clearly she was mistaken I have been with verizon since FOREVER never been on any other carrier.
    12-23-08 11:48 PM
    If you wipe the device I am sure that you have to re-enter the unlock code. Did you keep that information?
    12-23-08 11:50 PM
    nops I believe it stays unlocked..

Its part of a cmos chip type thing I believe..

because unlocking a blackberry is irreversible..

meaning you cant go back to it being locked.
    12-24-08 12:10 AM
    It will remain unlocked. You don't have to worry about it getting locked again by accident. Question for you, have you pulled the SIM card while the phones power was still on? If you did at some point, it MAY be a reason the OS gets buggy afterwards. Pulling your battery should reset it after awhile.
    12-24-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD