Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could please lend a hand.

I tried to update to lyricidal's 9500 .148/5.0 hybrid however for whatever reason it did not complete so I bricked my storm. After this I thought I'd just cut my loses and follow the sticky Noob guide's to get it back up and running with the Vodafone official .141 and sure enough I got the OS installed.

However now my storm does not pick up any signal at all and either sits on SOS or the cross hence not allowing calls to be made or recieved. Just as a possible solution I then wiped the OS off again using CrackUtil and reinstalled however the signal still isn't being recognised.

Yesterday my storm was working completely fine and now its completely useless. Does anyone have any ideas about whats gone wrong or how to fix it.

Please help...
    05-31-09 03:02 PM
    dial *228 and re-program your phone.
    05-31-09 03:03 PM
    dial *228 and re-program your phone.
    This may be a stupid question but is that the american equivalent to dialling customer service in the uk through 191?
    05-31-09 03:07 PM
    This may be a stupid question but is that the american equivalent to dialling customer service in the uk through 191?
    I'm not sure. Sorry,I didn't notice you weren't with Verizon.

With Verizon *228 will re-program your phone OTA.
    05-31-09 03:16 PM
    Also do a search for resending service books. You may need to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:46 PM

Yep,I didn't think about that.
    05-31-09 03:54 PM

I've resent myself the service books associated with my BIS email accounts, is this what you meant? As yet this hasn't fixed the issues although it did say it may take 20mins to take effect.

What exactly does the *228 re-program do? I'm trying to find the equivalent for VF UK.

Thanks
    05-31-09 03:59 PM
    I've resent myself the service books associated with my BIS email accounts, is this what you meant? As yet this hasn't fixed the issues although it did say it may take 20mins to take effect.

What exactly does the *228 re-program do? I'm trying to find the equivalent for VF UK.

Thanks
    I'm not sure exactly what it does,but before I did it my signal was horrible,and my phone was roaming and constantly searching for a network.

You might have to call Vodafone and see what you need to do,or contact them online if you don't have any other means of calling out.

P.S. Hooking the phone up to my charger helped me receive a better signal.Not much,but it gave me good enough of a signal to to call out to get the re-program from Verizon.
    05-31-09 04:18 PM
    Thanks very much orangepeel for your help, I'll give it another go tomorrow and see where it gets me.
    05-31-09 04:21 PM
    05-31-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD