Maybe it is just me, but it seems like when I wiped my phone to solve some wireless radio issues a month ago, I gained one function and lost one function. The only reason I reckon this is because I had BOTH functions way back when I first had .320 out of the box. Since then, I've upgraded to most of the official and leaked updates (no hybrids) without any major problems.

However, after I wiped my phone the following has happened:

1. The radio performance returned to normal, which is what I cared about the most.

2. I got back the horizonal autocomplete bar, which I had lost somewhere between the .5xx updates and .713. No matter what I tried to do, I only had the vertical autocorrect popup, but never got the autocomplete bar (which I prefer) back until after the wipe/reinstall.

3. I no longer have the option to "show keyboard" on the BB home screen when I click the BB button. The only way I get this to work is by going to options > screen/keyboard and setting it to a convenience key. This was present until the wipe/reinstall.

Neither of these issues are critical, but it just seems weird. Is it just me? Are other people gaining/losing functions during OS wipes? Thoughts?

Thanks,
    2xJ
    07-23-10 02:30 PM
    i lost the function for bb as modem etc on 607 but gain the keyboard alphabet indicator. Later the 713? return me the modem function again. What i lost now? not that i know of..
    07-23-10 03:15 PM
    Not sure about #2, but #3, Showing Keyboard on the Home Screen has been gone for quite a while now, I believe. It may have been there during .320, but has been gone for the last two, OS iterations. Bummer...have no clue as to why they thought there was a need to eliminate it.
    07-23-10 03:19 PM
    Not sure about #2, but #3, Showing Keyboard on the Home Screen has been gone for quite a while now, I believe. It may have been there during .320, but has been gone for the last two, OS iterations. Bummer...have no clue as to why they thought there was a need to eliminate it.
    Ah, okay, I didn't realize that. I know in app discussion for the Antenna Meter people were still mentioning the show keyboard as a way to use Blackberry shortcuts, so I assumed it was still there. Good stuff, thanks.
    07-23-10 03:32 PM
    Ha! I remember reading that very thread and I sat here thinking "huh?" Hate to admit it, but I picked up my phone to check, lol, and sure enough, it was no dice! Those posts were quoting old info.

Ah, okay, I didn't realize that. I know in app discussion for the Antenna Meter people were still mentioning the show keyboard as a way to use Blackberry shortcuts, so I assumed it was still there. Good stuff, thanks.
    07-23-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD