A few days ago I installed .99 and it was sluggish as ****, but today i wiped it completely, then installed and restored all my 3rd party apps and contacts and all that other garbage and its running like a champ. My memory was around 50 now running around 37, cant keep it up. (thats what she said)

Any one gotta any good, tested theories on how to keep the memory up? even though shes runnin good without it?
    02-08-09 07:33 PM
    Don't worry about the number, just enjoy the performance. The number is meaningless - can yon explain how the OS allocates resources? If you don't know that, than how do you know if the number is good or bad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:52 PM
    I have no idea I'm brand new to the beta world, I just read memory affects performance, so I figured I'd ask

02-08-09 08:14 PM
    Just be sure to close your apps all the way and you should be fine

02-08-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply
    02-08-09 08:28 PM
    I was having trouble with .99. (Lock ups and random re sets well in holister so I wiped and reinstall 3rd party along with reactivation of my BES. Works like a champ.

02-08-09 09:39 PM
    I must be the only person still having problems. The phone runs decent for about an hour and then BES fully downloads everything to my phone. Sluggish performance again. Do a wipe, then re-activate BES again, bam, sluggish. I've deleted emails I don't need (only about 30 left in my inbox), calendar is set to 30 days. I doubt it's BES, but .99 hasn't been great for me. I put .86 back on and I love it. .90 was crap too IMO
    02-08-09 10:42 PM
    A few days ago I installed .99 and it was sluggish as ****, but today i wiped it completely, then installed and restored all my 3rd party apps and contacts and all that other garbage and its running like a champ.
    Same here. After a wipe and reinstall .99 has been great for me.
    02-09-09 12:34 AM
    How you wipe? JL_Cmder? No issues from wiped to DM?
    02-10-09 04:29 PM
    I always wipe before updating

02-10-09 09:38 PM
    how do u guys wipe your OS?
    02-11-09 03:45 AM
    Same here 99 was slow at first then I performed wipe and restored all my 3rd party apps and now its great.

02-11-09 05:41 AM
    Funny, I had the same issue. After OS install is was a dog but today it seems very fast. I was using .75 before and did not have any battery issues but after .99 I get awful battery life. It was worse yesterday but it’s still bad enough I will probably go back to .75 official.

This morning the alarm clock went off, but did not make any noise. I noticed it said alarm on the screen but the tone never rang. I went under options and hit the "try it" button which made noise, so I know it’s not the tones fault. Very strange.

Also, I noticed for some reason this morning my connection was off? It was on last night as I was getting texts but this morning I had to turn the radio on as for some reason it shut itself off randomly last night.
    02-11-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD