hi. i sure am hoping for this app
    12-09-08 12:03 PM
    We need this ASAP! Its definately a top 3 app to have.
    12-09-08 12:12 PM
    this is my only app that makes me miss my WinMo phone
    12-09-08 12:25 PM
    still waiting
    12-11-08 09:12 PM
    Windows Live Search any news
    12-14-08 06:26 PM
    still waiting for anything
    12-18-08 12:52 PM
    I got it to work, sort of. If you go to wls.live.com and then to download it will give you some options about half way down the page. Pick version 4.0 and install. Do not allow it to update after it starts, may take a few minutes to initially start. From there it will work, if a little slow, but it will only put a small box at the top of the screen (about the size of a curve or 8830). From there you can use it as normal until a Storm update is released.
    12-21-08 01:40 PM
    Hey "callmebob", with great anticipation, I tried it and I seemed to get "Windows Live" which allows to me to log in to my hotmail account but I don't get where that's the great search tool I so heard about. Did I do something wrong or do I have more steps to go? Please advise. Thanks.
    12-21-08 07:41 PM
    updated yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:39 AM
    No update yet, tried to download it and had the icon show but nothing happens when it is clicked on.
    01-03-09 10:02 PM
    No update yet, tried to download it and had the icon show but nothing happens when it is clicked on.
    If you read post #32 you can get it to work. It won't be perfect for the storm but it still works.
    01-03-09 10:05 PM
    I'm using the online version. Not as pretty or complete but it's full screen and it works. Also I requested a direct icon link for the site and it was subsequently created by the generous gentleman who has been supplying many launchers for free. You can download the icon link by clicking "Live Search" on this page.
    Last edited by Cracker; 01-03-09 at 11:44 PM.
    01-03-09 11:41 PM
    I can't wait for this to come out. Definitely one of the best apps I've had on any of my blackberries.
    01-05-09 09:14 AM
    Can you use Windows Live Search for the Storm?? On my curve phone I have I used live search all the time, but now on my Storm it downloads it, but doesn't open the app. Is something wrong with my phone? Or does Live Search currently not work with the Storm?? Thanks
    well i know one thing it wont do, it wont take voice commands for search for one.

Live search rocks, the limited times i have used BB maps, I have found Live Search to be a better app.
    01-05-09 02:39 PM
    I've tried to download the live search app and the shortcut download fine. The only thing is it doesn't launch the actual app itself. But I also just noticed today that I now have a live search option in the drop down list next to the browser search engine. It is live Search it just formatted to work and look similar to google. Try it out and see if you like it.
    01-26-09 06:55 AM
    Live Search doesn't work on the Blackberry 8900 also.
    01-26-09 02:42 PM
    I just a message to the LiveSearch mobile team inquiring about making it work on the Storm and this is the reponse I received.

"We are actively working on getting the storm client ready. We are also always grateful for your feedback on any of our clients about whatever issues you find good or bad. When it becomes available I will let you know."
    02-04-09 03:05 PM
    It's finally arrived!

Go to Live Search from your device. There are different versions for each point release of the BB OS.

Let the debates between Google Maps and Windows Live Search begin!

Edit: WTF! No GPS support????
    Last edited by Progression; 04-01-09 at 10:24 AM. Reason: ***First 5 minutes using ap******
    04-01-09 09:59 AM
    A response from the development team when I asked about GPS support for the Storm:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes the GPS is not supported on the Storm yet partially due to some Verizon limitations. We are already working on the next client that will have full GPS support on the Verizon network.

Thanks,
    04-01-09 05:22 PM
    Well that's fracked up. Google Maps managed (finally) to make the GPS work.

Mr. Softee still playing catch-up with Google!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 05:51 PM
    A response from the development team when I asked about GPS support for the Storm:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes the GPS is not supported on the Storm yet partially due to some Verizon limitations. We are already working on the next client that will have full GPS support on the Verizon network.

Thanks,
    I also asked them about GPS support and adding a search feature to the "Choose Location/Choose from Contacts" feature. They responded that both would be supported in a future release.
    04-02-09 01:31 PM
    New release has better Storm support but no GPS support. Also, I recall that the WinMo version had speech recognition, I don't see this feature on our version.
    04-07-09 08:19 AM
    I also asked them about GPS support and adding a search feature to the "Choose Location/Choose from Contacts" feature. They responded that both would be supported in a future release.

Of course, they won't give you a ETA, would they?
    04-07-09 09:30 AM

Of course, they won't give you a ETA, would they?
    Oh, just wait a little. Google did it. So will Microsoft.
    04-07-09 11:48 AM
    I have d/l WLS 4.7 for Strom and ther gas Price option is not there. anyone know why? or other info?
    thanks

Ed
    05-23-09 12:51 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD