I just wanted to let you guys know that I installed with NO problems.....leaked upgrades using windows 7. I did an install from .75 to .86 to .90. I don't know how screen shots could help but I can certainly take them to prove that you can install with W7 and have no problems whatsoever. Any bugs I have with .90 are just like everyone else. Would have posted this in the windows 7 thread had it not been locked.
    01-26-09 11:35 PM
    Also, I didn't do any wipes. I just did upgrades and used backup files.
    01-26-09 11:36 PM
    I don't trust 7 at all after it bricking 2 of my Storms. I've installed Vista for a dual-boot just to update the Storm.
    01-27-09 12:44 AM
    Windows 7 is still a beta and thus is not going to support every hardware config out there. Your success (as good as it is to hear) won't hold true for everyone. I bricked my Storm in the exact same way described in the other Windows 7 thread. I also tried a wipe as well during this process and couldn't because of USB issues.
    01-27-09 01:17 AM
    Fair enough, I guess I'm lucky here......of course it's beta and all of that. I just had zero problems and wouldn't really hesitate to do it again.
    01-27-09 12:58 PM
    I cannot get the desktop to recognize my 8330. Windows 7 opens the memory card, but I cant sync. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    01-29-09 01:38 PM
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I installed with NO problems.....leaked upgrades using windows 7. I did an install from .75 to .86 to .90. I don't know how screen shots could help but I can certainly take them to prove that you can install with W7 and have no problems whatsoever. Any bugs I have with .90 are just like everyone else. Would have posted this in the windows 7 thread had it not been locked.
    I guess you are a BETA type of person right?
    Windows 7
    Storm OS .90

lol
    01-29-09 02:06 PM
    why not? lol
    01-29-09 02:30 PM
    What version of windows 7?
    01-29-09 03:14 PM
    Lol you mean build number? There is only one version. Ultimate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:00 PM
    Just remember - if you brick it - try crackberry lectures! I think its no.11 which shows you that if you catch your Bb before the reboot cycle, you can unbrick it

I found this out the hard way by learning that my windows 7 config toasted my storm! Best thing? Use a vista or previous system, and if you have windows 7, find someone who doesn't! (or dual-boot)
    01-29-09 09:54 PM
    The idea by saying you're gonna brick your phone is just to be safe. Giving people the idea that it's a good idea is just a bad idea. More posts having to troubleshoot though both Windows 7 issues and Beta problems is just ridiculous. So it worked for you, worked for me, but don't be advising people it works because we'll just get more bricked phones when people try it and find it doesn't work on their hardware. And if you don't already dual boot or have an extra drive/computer laying around w/ XP/VISTA and you're using Win7 as your main OS without other options that's just you sucking.
    01-29-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD