I too had all the same problems and as a matter of fact, have a replacement being shipped. But I was able to restore mine by going to a XP machine installing a clean load of DM and poof it started working.
    01-13-09 11:27 PM
    has anyone tried running in compatibility mode? xp or vista
    01-13-09 11:31 PM
    I have Windows 7 and I was able to install OS.86, I just changed the usb slot I was using... The information is helpful but it is not entirely accurate...

I believe that thread should be unlocked and unstickied... just because some have issues does not make it a fact that everyone will...
    Last edited by Clover86; 01-13-09 at 11:52 PM.
    01-13-09 11:49 PM
    I thought i was going to be the one who would be able to upgrade my os with win7..

Nope..

On a side note, Windows 7 sounds kinda like Windows Heaven.

I think i would prefer Windows ell.
    01-13-09 11:57 PM
    I have windows 7, and i dual booted it. Opened up my Original Vista drive for access to all the programs off of that. Every single program i try to run off of that drive shows up fine on windows 7.

I did download .86 (which has some horrendous flaws by the way) but i installed on my Vista side. No issues. I WAS able to open up DM through 7, started fine, but was futile because i use outlook and outlook is not available yet for 7, so i have no email program on the 7 side. It will be interesting to see how Device Stage will work with Blackberry's.

A tad off topic...for you tech junkies out there. Give 7 a shot...wow...for a beta, it is less buggy than my Vista. Lifehacker and Gizmodo have great step by step guides.
    01-14-09 06:15 AM
    I have Windows 7 and I was able to install OS.86, I just changed the usb slot I was using... The information is helpful but it is not entirely accurate...
    Worked fine for me as well just took a little bit of sluthing. If your willing to try win 7 you're most likely capable of getting it to work.

I believe that thread should be unlocked and unstickied... just because some have issues does not make it a fact that everyone will...
    Agreed!!! having the thread locked with CX being the last post makes it sound like fact. I tried a different machine using win 7 this morning and again it worked fine. It took about 5min to set it up. It takes awhile to install but that seems to be .86 in general.
    01-14-09 08:32 AM
    I WAS able to open up DM through 7, started fine, but was futile because i use outlook and outlook is not available yet for 7, so i have no email program on the 7 side.
    FYI - Outlook 2007 works on Windows 7. I'm using it and can synch up with DM.
    01-19-09 10:39 AM
    I am not yet familiar with Windows 7, but does the difference between those having good results and no results possibly have anything to do with 32bit (good) and 64bit (bad) versions of the OS?

If I am not mistaken, people trying to install from Vista 64bit also had difficulty.
    01-19-09 11:23 AM
    well i was able to finally get it to work by running windows xp sp3 in a vm it worked flawlessly so i guess I'm keeping windows 7
    01-19-09 12:49 PM
    Has anybody got this to work i have the same errors all the time i just went back to .85 i rather go back to that on the BB than to vista on PC any ideas?
    No windows 7 when updating . This has been discussed
    01-19-09 10:28 PM
    I def agree that sticky should be opened back up just to get different experiences out there. Windows 7 is such an upgrade that there's no way I can go back to Vista now. I'm not even gonna attempt to upgrade my OS on there right now, but I have added applications through the DM without any trouble.
    01-19-09 11:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD