View Poll Results: What if the update doesnt fix the issues you want fixed?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definetly will return it, all my hopes are in this update.

8 9.64%
  • I will wait for the 2nd update, but once i hit 29 days, its going back if its not released

30 36.14%
  • I will be real upset but will keep it.

20 24.10%
  • I am keeping it no matter what, update or no update.

25 30.12%
    Ok, i am starting to see a patern here. almost everyone here, including those of us that love the phone, is saying all the time "well i know there are issues with lag and the accerometer, etc but i know the patch is coming soon and things will be alot better"

well, how many of you will flat out return it if the update really only fixes the lame issues reported by engadget? I am wondering how bad things will be for verizon if they dont make this right. i mean even the most die hard people on here have been saying "i knw the update will fix the issues"

i myself, will probably have to return it. i cant risk getting stuck with a phon that is problematic. i was pretty sure things were going to be ok, but i am paranoid now that this report from BGR came out saying only a couple of lame things are the main things to be fixed, i am just worried.

so anyways, i am curious how you all feel.
    Last edited by mike240se; 11-27-08 at 04:07 PM.
    11-27-08 03:12 AM
    I'm not sure yet so I didn't vote. I'm hoping things are fixed, but haven't made up my mind one way or another about returning it.
    11-27-08 03:29 AM
    I get my Storm on December 16 (over night shipping). I hear the update comes out December 8th, so I'm hoping my phone will already have the latest OS.

If you're not happy with the phone in a month or so, then return it. Give it some time. Everyone knows ALL smartphones
    have issues at launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:37 AM
    I get my Storm on December 16 (over night shipping). I hear the update comes out December 8th, so I'm hoping my phone will already have the latest OS.

If you're not happy with the phone in a month or so, then return it. Give it some time. Everyone knows ALL smartphones
    have issues at launch.

yeah i am not saying anyone should at all. i personally may if the updates havent fixed my concerns by the time my 30 days are up. but i am just curious how many units verizon can be expecting if the update is subpar or not amazing. i think alot of people expect alot from this update, and will be put over the edge if it doesnt deliver.

heh maybe verizon will find this poll and double their efforts if the lame list on BGR is all they are fixing in the first release
    11-27-08 03:46 AM
    20% restocking fee that I don't want to pay. I can live with lag.
    11-27-08 04:49 AM
    restocking fee? they told me i would get my money back, no qustions asked. i was told i would get a full refund and my ne2 back.

when i returned a phone a couple years ago i didnt pay a restocking fee either. maybe nj is different?
    11-27-08 05:32 AM
    restocking fee? they told me i would get my money back, no qustions asked. i was told i would get a full refund and my ne2 back.

when i returned a phone a couple years ago i didnt pay a restocking fee either. maybe nj is different?
    No, there is now a restocking fee. I was told that when I purchased my phone.

As to the original question, I'll be keeping mine. Honestly, mine works just fine. It's not really laggy, and my accelerometer takes maybe half a second to switch. That's perfectly acceptable for me. The phone did crash once on me in the past six days...........but I'm not sure I've ever had a phone that never crashed.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the phone. Sure, it's got some quirks, but now that I have the phone set up how I want it, it works great.
    11-27-08 06:44 AM
    "Waiting to see if patch addresses lag before buying a Storm".

HH
    11-27-08 06:55 AM
    Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy, and Verizon Wireless' Test Drive program, still apply.

Everyone has till after xmas to return the phone. Anyway My phone works Great for my needs (chat and web). If I return it and wait till 1/20 to buy a new phone I end up making $15 ($35 restock off the full $100 ne2 vs. the $50 vip).
    11-27-08 06:56 AM
    No, there is now a restocking fee. I was told that when I purchased my phone.

As to the original question, I'll be keeping mine. Honestly, mine works just fine. It's not really laggy, and my accelerometer takes maybe half a second to switch. That's perfectly acceptable for me. The phone did crash once on me in the past six days...........but I'm not sure I've ever had a phone that never crashed.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the phone. Sure, it's got some quirks, but now that I have the phone set up how I want it, it works great.
    i cant believe i wasnt told that. well, if i do exchange, i will make a stink, cause i was clearly told no questions asked, full money back. i even said "so your saying i will get a full refund and my ne2 back?" and they sauid "yes". i was so concerned because i wanted to make sure i wouldnt lose my ne2
    11-27-08 03:16 PM
    Restocking? They going to dust it off and resell it? LOL

BTW, the poll needs more positive options. It implies that everyone is unhappy.

I love this phone now and expect it to just get better as time goes along. The Iphone was never even close to as good when it first came out.

Most people like this phone a lot. That is the reality of it. There is a loud minority that starts thread after thread with alarming titles. That makes it appear otherwise. Just look at the satisfaction poll. It tells the true story.
    Last edited by cheerfuldave; 11-27-08 at 03:27 PM.
    11-27-08 03:23 PM
    Restocking? They going to dust it off and resell it? LOL

BTW, the poll needs more positive options. It implies that everyone is unhappy.

I love this phone now and expect it to just get better as time goes along. The Iphone was never even close to as good when it first came out.

Most people like this phone a lot. That is the reality of it. There is a loud minority that starts thread after thread with alarming titles. That makes it appear otherwise. Just look at the satisfaction poll. It tells the true story.
    i put the i am keeping it either way option for people who have no issues, but i see what your saying.
    11-27-08 04:06 PM
    either way im keeping ... it lol
    11-27-08 04:09 PM
    I loves my Storm, Updates or no updates. I'm not experiencing any bugs, like the rest. The only thing is menu screen doesn't scroll like butter yet, but I can live with that. I completely understand it's new, and fine tuning this baby will come later. Custom themes, to more apps, etc...
    11-27-08 04:10 PM
    I loves my Storm, Updates or no updates. I'm not experiencing any bugs, like the rest. The only thing is menu screen doesn't scroll like butter yet, but I can live with that. I completely understand it's new, and fine tuning this baby will come later. Custom themes, to more apps, etc...
    yeah i figured that even the most excited people would have atleast small issues. even the most excited person here has a "but i know it will get better" somewhere in his posts. so i figured the last option, keeping it either way, was a pretty strong indicator that you love the phone and would never give it up. but i see now how it sounds negative.
    11-27-08 04:20 PM
    Im holding out hope. Fingers crossed.
    11-27-08 05:06 PM
    The lag isn't an issue for me.

1. Emails not consistently going to BB.
    2. Issues getting to certain discussion boards of which I need access.

So, if I can't rely on it for emails or for the discussion board of which I'm an admin., then I may have no choice but to look at other models.

I can live with the lag.
    11-27-08 05:15 PM
    Sorry I could only fit one word in the sub, but am refering to all issues.

11-27-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD