View Poll Results: Will you get the new Storm?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • What!? No Surepress, no thanks!

18 23.68%
  • Don't think the Storm 2 will be that much better

8 10.53%
  • No brainer, I'm getting it!

6 7.89%
  • This time, I am going to wait and see before I make a decision

23 30.26%
  • All I know is, VZW better give me a discount!

21 27.63%
    Just a random poll to see how many users are going to get the new Storm or are sticking to the current version.
    05-22-09 02:07 PM
    I will most likely keep my storm 1, unless storm 2' final version leagues away.
    05-22-09 02:48 PM
    1st gen storm will be better once they get an outstanding OS that is stable.
    05-22-09 02:49 PM
    will wait and see what it is like...
    05-22-09 02:54 PM
    I personally like the surepress, but if the new storm has wifi then i might give it a try. I really like my storm, it will be a hard decision. A nice discount would help the decision making process.
    05-22-09 03:45 PM
    Surepress is what I wanted and that is why I bought it. Without it, I will swap over to AT&T and get the iPhone.
    05-22-09 03:49 PM
    Not enough options. My selection is yes, when my contract is being renewed and I can get it cheaper. If there really is one.
    05-22-09 03:52 PM
    i refuse to give up surepress!!!!

especially since i dont even know what sort of touch/click/vibrate/whatever screen the storm 2 will have, no way!

plus, i think having 4 hard buttons instead of touch buttons is much better
    05-22-09 03:56 PM
    I have no plan to switch phones. That is until I can upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 04:13 PM
    Keeping mine unless I win one or get it free. I still won't totally give up my v1 because I love surepress.

05-22-09 04:16 PM
    Honestly I think I would want to keep my Storm 1. I like the surepress screen and not quite sure what the Storm 2 will have that will make it better than the original! =)
    05-22-09 04:23 PM
    RIM abandoned surepess...I might abandon them...I bought the Storm BECAUSE of the surepress!
    The Pre or the Iphone is looking good right about now. Why not they made the Storm more like the Iphone. I think I will keep my Storm 1 for now and when the Pre and new Iphone comes out in June make my decision then. RIM will have to come out with one **** of a new OS to sway my vote!!!
    05-22-09 04:49 PM
    No way. I have only had this phone for 5 months and it was the first new phone I got in 4 years. I will be with this probably until storm 3 or longer, especially since the 2 seems more like a revision than a whole new device.

05-22-09 06:40 PM
    I will not get Storm 2 because there is no more SurePress. Period.

I'm sure that SurePress will reemerge in the future - I mean, RIM did win an award for it...why completely abandon it?!

...maybe, RIM (and Verizon) will be smart and keep both models "alive." Storm 1 for those who like clicking and Storm 2 for the people who hate change.
    Last edited by gafly; 05-22-09 at 10:32 PM.
    05-22-09 10:28 PM
    I would love to see this happen...however it probably will not. As this would make too much sense! But maybe we will be surpirsed?

I will not get Storm 2 because there is no more SurePress. Period.

I'm sure that SurePress will reemerge in the future - I mean, RIM did win an award for it...why completely abandon it?!

...maybe, RIM (and Verizon) will be smart and keep both models "alive." Storm 1 for those who like clicking and Storm 2 for the people who hate change.
    05-23-09 08:24 AM
    I will look into the Storm 2 when it's time for my New Every Two.

05-23-09 09:38 AM
    More and more I am getting the impression that its going to be a dumbed down version of the storm. Without upgrades like wi-fi or 4g connectivity, and running the same os, it seems like they are just simplifying it so it will just be a smart phone for dummies, like the iphone and I am not with that.
    Since we know very little, I'm just speculating like every one else.
    05-23-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD