So i was going through youtube tonight and found that the iphone has online games such as imob and imafia where other people that has iphones can join the gang they are in and such forth!? Will we ever be able to get something like this or is it even possible with our devices?!
    05-24-09 11:54 PM
    It's definitely possible, it's just a matter of when it'll be developed for us.
    05-24-09 11:55 PM
    seems as long as you can connect via bluetooth that should be possible, right?
    05-25-09 12:14 AM
    I'd have to say no. Atleast nothing near as intuitive as the iphones games. Remember, the iphone is a kids toy, the market for those types of games is huge for it. We won't see anything groundbreaking unfortunately

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:15 AM
    I'd have to say no. Atleast nothing near as intuitive as the iphones games. Remember, the iphone is a kids toy, the market for those types of games is huge for it. We won't see anything groundbreaking unfortunately
    I would hate to agree with this, but right now I really don't see a real market for this for blackberry. With the 2nd generation storm coming around the corner. If they really target that market, I can see this possibly happening just not anytime soon.
    05-25-09 12:23 AM
    I'm pretty sure there was a headline about this last week sometime about a mafiawars type game for bb's, dont know if its out yet.
    05-25-09 12:26 AM
    ya who wants to have fun with their Blackberry...
    05-25-09 12:28 AM
    i think the question was if it was possible though...does anybody have any insight as to whether there are technical hindrances to creating an app like that on the blackberry, regardless of the demand for it?
    05-25-09 12:30 AM
    If iMob and iMafia are what I think it's a matter of someone dedicating the server for it.

Mafia Wars is a popular MM Web based game hosted by Zynga. And that's the important part: hosted by. Making the client would be cake. Apple probably has an exclusive for that and several other apps by Zynga (they have a popular multiplayer Texas Hold 'Em app as well). All of which are simple ports of their apps on places like Myspace and Tagged
    05-25-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD