Now that .148 has come out will Verizon keep testing 4.7 builds for release or just move on to 5.0

EDIT.

To clarify i know hey are already testing 5.0 builds im asking if they will test those exclusively or still test some 4.7 builds along with the 5.0
    Last edited by drumzalicious; 06-04-09 at 05:04 PM.
    06-04-09 04:37 PM
    I guess it'd depend on the expected roll out of 5.0. If Verizon knew RIM as well as most of us do...I'd keep testing 4.7 in the meantime.
    06-04-09 04:39 PM
    Well this has been answered numerous times...but ill answer you. Yes, they have a few now in early stages of testing...they won't stop just because they have a decent build... Rim continues to supply vzw with updates and after all 5.0 will be on it sometime in the near future

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 04:41 PM
    of course they will continue, they have had 5.0 builds in testing for quite a while
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-04-09 at 05:05 PM.
    06-04-09 04:54 PM
    Yes they will.

06-04-09 04:56 PM
    Well this has been answered numerous times...but ill answer you. Yes, they have a few now in early stages of testing...they won't stop just because they have a decent build... Rim continues to supply vzw with updates and after all 5.0 will be on it sometime in the near future
    I spoke to a VZW Rep that said it will be here in about 2 weeks.
    06-04-09 05:02 PM

yea i knew they were testion 5.0 i just didnt know if they would continue with the 4.7 builds.
    06-04-09 05:03 PM
    My uncle's neighbor has a relative that talked to a VZW rep at a baseball game and he said 5.0 would be here by July.

But really, why even bother with talking about time frames? How long did it take for Verizon to put out .148 from release? How many times did we hear "it'll be here by the end of ____".

Sure they'll keep testing, but I wouldn't expect them to rush anything.
    06-04-09 05:07 PM
    I spoke to a VZW Rep that said it will be here in about 2 weeks.
    lol... /ignore
    06-04-09 05:24 PM
    I'll bet you that the next OFFICIAL from VZW ends up being a 5.0 build. There aren't 6 months worth of 4.7's to test before they come out with thier next one This of course implies that they come out with one at all. They haven't released an update for their pearl in AGES (my 2nd VZW BB device)
    06-04-09 05:25 PM
    My uncle's neighbor has a relative that talked to a VZW rep at a baseball game and he said 5.0 would be here by July.
    the only timetables available are pure speculation, and are always best case scenario speculation at that. i wouldn't believe anything until you get documentation of some kind, or better yet the file its self.

But really, why even bother with talking about time frames? How long did it take for Verizon to put out .148 from release? How many times did we hear "it'll be here by the end of ____".
    i'd dare say that 99.999% of the info you read abuot OS release dates were correct. so far only two were correct. .75 and .148, and there were more than 1 speculated dates for it, most wrong.

agreed, but if there next OS build gets through testing and is approved, and provides some function improvement or bug resolution, expect to see it ASAP...they won't be holding back, but they won't rush anything as well.

business as usual.
    06-04-09 05:26 PM

business as usual.
    6-7 months. Got it.
    06-04-09 05:29 PM
    Hope RIM and VZW doesn't forget to put back the much concerned call log icon.
    06-04-09 05:32 PM

He probably ment the BES 5.0 will be here in July, my BES 5.0 Admin classes are at the end of July. Cant wait, more options to play with
    06-04-09 05:45 PM
    LMAO. Verrryyy Niiice Patches.

So true
    06-04-09 06:12 PM
    So essentially we will only see a 4.7 release if it has some enormous improvement. say a 15x build with the screen transitions and no color banding ?
    06-04-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD