I'm new to the world of BB and I'm pretty foreign to SIM cards. My basic question is:

If I transfer all of my contacts that I believe are in my device contact list to my SIM card, what will be the benifits and/or potential drawbacks?

Thanks in advance...
    07-17-09 06:13 PM
    If you find a way to transfer to the sim card, let us know.
    07-17-09 07:03 PM
    It's not difficult to add or copy contacts to the SIM card. To add: Contacts>BB button>SIM Phone Book>BB button>New. To copy (note, as far as I know it can only be done one at a time, no way to copy all): Contacts>click on a contact>BB button>Copy to SIM Phone Book.

One major disadvantage that I am aware of, is that contacts in the SIM card only contain a Name and one Number. Could be wrong though, its only my meager observation. For me, I keep a lot of info on each contact that does not copy to SIM card (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 07:33 PM
    It's not difficult to add or copy contacts to the SIM card. To add: Contacts>BB button>SIM Phone Book>BB button>New. To copy (note, as far as I know it can only be done one at a time, no way to copy all): Contacts>click on a contact>BB button>Copy to SIM Phone Book.

One major disadvantage that I am aware of, is that contacts in the SIM card only contain a Name and one Number. Could be wrong though, its only my meager observation. For me, I keep a lot of info on each contact that does not copy to SIM card (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes that is the drawback with SIM Card contacts. I used to have T-Mobile and it only backs up 1 number per name.
    07-17-09 07:40 PM
    I will try to transfer the contacts that only have one number and see if my phone speed picks up at all. Not that it's that slow now. Just a speed freak I guess.
    07-18-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the help by the way
    07-18-09 12:03 PM
    I doubt you'll get any improved speed. The ability to add contacts to SIM is primary for being able to transport the info from one device to another (like if you transfer your SIM to another phone). It's very bare bones as folks have mentioned, name and one number only (SIM only has a small amount of space to store the info). At least that's the way I understand it.

Frankly, as you are on Verizon, so your SIM is basically a "dummy" SIM anyway, I wouldn't even bother with this process. Just my 2�.
    07-18-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD