Battery life has always been a big deal for me, and is the reason I got rid of WeatherBug after just two days -- because I realized that it used the battery on my Storm much faster than when my Storm did not have it.

Anyway, I wanna download The Hockey News Mobile and Nobex Radio Companion...Will either of these use up my battery quicker than normal?

Thanks!
    01-31-09 02:22 PM
    i have been using the hockey news program and have not noticed any battery problems
    01-31-09 02:32 PM
    Generally only applications that are constantly accessing the broadband connection are ones that will drain the battery faster.
    01-31-09 02:35 PM
    About the Hockey News one, it says you can get 'updates as-it-happens' and 'every several minutes' so that is what makes me wonder if the app. is permanently connected or something, thereby reducing battery life...
    01-31-09 02:47 PM
    The hockey news will use some batt with the updates, but not as much as you would think. Nobex or any streaming app, burns through battery life quickly while you're using it, but not when you're not.
    On both of them just make sure you close all the way out of the program when you're done with it.
    01-31-09 02:51 PM
    I've noticed recently that my battery only lasts about 1 day.

I am running the following

weatherbug
    vymail (checks every 1 min)
    talklock
    toysoft profiler

all run in the background and eat up battery beyond belief! I LOVE all these apps but I can't deal with this crappy battery life.
    01-31-09 07:34 PM

weatherbug
    talklock
    toysoft profiler

all run in the background and eat up battery beyond belief! I LOVE all these apps but I can't deal with this crappy battery life.
    change your WB settings.
    01-31-09 08:01 PM

Why would anyone need the battery to last more than a day?

Are you taking the Storm out on Safari?

Seriously, if you want to do ANYTHING with your bb that you couldn't do with a dumb phone, it's going to require charging most days.

That being said, every minute checking for vymail is a bit overkill.
    01-31-09 08:44 PM
    First of all before you deleted weatherbug did you change any of the settings? If you are not using GPS, disable it and set your upates to 1 or 2 hours. That is what preserved my battery life!
    01-31-09 09:13 PM

weatherbug
    talklock
    toysoft profiler

Get rid of talklok and download screenlock! It does not run in the backround and saves the battery life! It is FREE!
    Last edited by httrdd; 02-01-09 at 07:26 AM.
    01-31-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD