I'm planning to take the dive.
    I've been reading CB posts about the BB Storm a few weeks before it's initial launch. I have finally decided to take advantage of the BOGO offer and purchase (2) BB Storms this afternoon.

I myself have been a BB user for over 1.5yrs. I'm going to surprise my wife with (1) BB Storm on V-day. She sure is lucky, I just bought her her first BB 8330 3 weeks ago and now she's an addict.

This question is for the loyal BB Storm CB users. Do you think a newbie BB user will be able to addapt to the Storm as compared to the Curve?
    02-13-09 12:51 PM
    The learning curve is a little different. You are putting a touchscreen device into the hands of someone who has always had physical keys to press. Add the learning curve on a BlackBerry, it may take a little while.

That being said, if she wants to adapt, she will. point her in the direction of this site, there is a lot of good info on here.
    02-13-09 12:54 PM
    Absolutely....just tell her to be patient and give it some time.....I myself am a previous Curve owner and it took me about 2 weeks to get use to it.....now I'm hooked!!!!!!
    02-13-09 12:55 PM
    Well the storm is my first ever BB and I love it. It has a bit of a learning curve and it has its down falls....but over all this thing never leaves my side lol. I consider a buddy

02-13-09 12:55 PM
    I'm planning to take the dive.
    I've been reading CB posts about the BB Storm a few weeks before it's initial launch. I have finally decided to take advantage of the BOGO offer and purchase (2) BB Storms this afternoon.

I myself have been a BB user for over 1.5yrs. I'm going to surprise my wife with (1) BB Storm on V-day. She sure is lucky, I just bought her her first BB 8330 3 weeks ago and now she's an addict.

This question is for the loyal BB Storm CB users. Do you think a newbie BB user will be able to addapt to the Storm as compared to the Curve?
    The storm was my first BB and the coolness/geek factor is what made me keep mine. Don't get me wrong...the first week I was questioning my purchase...but one month after the damn thing has become ans extension to my arm...I just can't put it down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:03 PM
    The storm is my first BB and I love it so far, I dont think i'll ever own a "dumb" phone ever again oh and btw I came from using an LG Voyager
    02-13-09 01:12 PM
    I got mine two weeks ago and its my first BB. Takes a bit of getting used to but is easy to adapt to. She should be fine.
    02-13-09 01:13 PM
    The Storm is my first BB and I have to tell you I couldn't put this thing down for like the first week. Needless to say I picked it all up pretty quick, like anything in life practice will make perfect
    02-13-09 01:31 PM
    I was a BB virgin prior to the Storm and after the initial shock (came from WinMo) I love this phone.

She will love you forever.

02-13-09 01:31 PM
    my GF got one (from me, happy valentines/christmas) yesterday and complains right and left about it, but when shes not complaining shes texting or BBM'ing. so yeah there is a learning curve and you'll eventually get the hang of it.

shes starting to see the light..............

oh yeah 1 more thing... my stroke caused me to be 90% left handed, and yes i do realize this it is a 2 handed phone (mostly) i personally think being a righty is easier. anybody agree?
    Last edited by Bramsy; 02-13-09 at 01:36 PM.
    02-13-09 01:34 PM
    Its mine and my wife's 1st BB and her 1st touchscreen..........

There is a learning curve, but I'm sure she'll pick up on it quickly......

I still try to give my wife a pointer and she just gives me a dumb look and says "i knew that already....." lol
    02-13-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks to everybody that responded to the thread. Wow, it sure seems like there are a lot of new BB user's.

One other thing, how long did any of you wait before you upgraded the O.S.? I'm planning on using the Storm for 2 weeks and if I have any issues with v.75, I'll be upgrading to .99 or .103.
    02-13-09 01:45 PM
    I still try to give my wife a pointer and she just gives me a dumb look and says "i knew that already....." lol
    LOL. I can already picture my wife doing the same thing.

Cheers!
    02-13-09 01:48 PM
    my GF got one (from me, happy valentines/christmas) yesterday and complains right and left about it, but when shes not complaining shes texting or BBM'ing. so yeah there is a learning curve and you'll eventually get the hang of it.

shes starting to see the light..............

oh yeah 1 more thing... my stroke caused me to be 90% left handed, and yes i do realize this it is a 2 handed phone (mostly) i personally think being a righty is easier. anybody agree?

Lefty all the way buddy!

and could you change your deadwing icon? GO BLUES!!!!!!!!
    02-13-09 01:49 PM
    The storm was my husband's and my first BB (and first touchscreen). While it did take a little while, probably a few hours, we found everything and were addicted without any problems.

We've had them about 10 days now and are wondering how we ever functioned without them. (i would say i'm more addicted than he, but i am also the one always on the comp to check my email, whereas he's fine checking every few days, as I get 50+ emails daily)
    02-13-09 02:33 PM
    If you can/want to take the time to learn and adapt to the storm then yes you will get used to it. But you want
    To be an expert right away that's probably not gonna happen

02-13-09 03:12 PM
    I just bought my Storm this week. This is my very first BB. In the past, I have been using WinMo devices. I don't have any problem adapting to it. But then I am a computer geek. So it may not count.

02-13-09 03:24 PM
    I don't have any problem adapting to it. But then I am a computer geek. So it may not count.

Substring, My wife also considers me a "computer geek." So, I'll probably be the one to upgrade her OS if needed and any other troubleshooting procedures. It's ok, I don't mind.

If anything I'll experiment with her BB Storm before I make any major changes on mine. LOL...Just kidding.
    02-13-09 04:35 PM
    I walked into the Verizon store in Sunnyvale, CA. I informed the sales rep. that I would like to upgrade and take advantage of the BOGO. Roughly about 30 minutes later, I walked out with the BlackBerry Storm's.

****Update****

It's 5:21am PST and I am currently transfering data onto both Storm's. I know I should be sleeping, but I just couldn't wait to try out the phone's. Also, since I'm going to surprise my wife with her Storm, I need everything up and running when she wakes up.

I'll try OS v.75 for 2 weeks. I hope everything runs well. If not v.99 or .103 will be added.
    02-14-09 07:24 AM
    You and your wife are going to love this device. I am still running with .75 OS and so far I don't have any issue. With heavy usage, my app memory run down to teen. But then it goes back up to mid-20 after idling.
    02-14-09 07:56 AM
    First bb here. Fortunately its been like crack. Unfortunately its been like crack. That sums it up.

02-14-09 10:16 AM
    I've never used a blackberry before the storm.
    I've had mine for almost 3 weeks now, and love the thing!

The first week was tough.,, getting the hang of how to use the screen correctly, but it's always with me now. Love it!
    02-14-09 10:38 AM
    Like the people before me...My Storm is my first BB and I am in love with it. Never another "dumb" phone for me!
    02-14-09 10:53 AM
    I went from a Razr to a Storm and couldn't be happier. I had previously looked into getting a BB but decided against it...kicking myself now but I did end up with the Storm so it's good...
    02-14-09 12:06 PM
    It should take you less than a week to be comfortable and about a month to feel pretty confident. Keep and open mind...and use this like the bible and you will be fine.

02-14-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD