I have unlocked my bb storm2 to work on T-Mobile. I need to update it to the latest firmware. Will updating my unlocked phone make it get locked again? is it worth trying the update?

My Storm 2 firmware version: 5.0.0.713
    Update available: 5.0.0.1015

Thank you
    12-01-10 01:47 AM
    it will still be unlocked after the new OS is installed
    12-01-10 01:53 AM
    The branding, locking, IMEI & PIN are in a completely different part of the memory from the firmware.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 12-01-10 at 08:44 AM.
    12-01-10 03:14 AM
    No it happens only in Iphone.
    12-01-10 06:27 AM
    Glad to hear that. Will that be the same with the new BB Torch?

Thanks a lot for your help
    12-01-10 11:46 AM
    I have unlocked my bb storm2 to work on T-Mobile. I need to update it to the latest firmware. Will updating my unlocked phone make it get locked again? is it worth trying the update?

My Storm 2 firmware version: 5.0.0.713
    Update available: 5.0.0.1015

Thank you
    Mine was unlocked also. But after i the os upgrade, now i cant even seem to make calls everything i dial says "The call your trying to place is not allowed from this line". cant receive call or text messeging. Tried my sim in a different phone everything seems to work fine. So heads up. been couple days trying to figure it out. Hopefully yours will not have issues.
    12-01-10 12:16 PM
    Upgrading an OS will not re-lock your phone once it is already unlocked. Unlocking your phone, is a permanent thing.
    12-01-10 12:19 PM
    Mine was unlocked also. But after i the os upgrade, now i cant even seem to make calls everything i dial says "The call your trying to place is not allowed from this line". cant receive call or text messeging. Tried my sim in a different phone everything seems to work fine. So heads up. been couple days trying to figure it out. Hopefully yours will not have issues.
    Your phone can not be relocked by updating your OS. If you are having issues placing calls and whatnot, chances are you lost your service books.
    12-01-10 12:38 PM
    Your phone can not be relocked by updating your OS. If you are having issues placing calls and whatnot, chances are you lost your service books.
    Yea i know my phone is not relocked. Im using CMDA and GSM...My service books are For cmda which works perfectly. GSM side is where the problem is.

Update: Removed net_rim_bb_browser_daemon via crackutil now its working fine after it restarted.
    12-01-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD