I want to try the buisiness card under the battery
    trick to make the click better but have heard this is a fire hazard if the battery heats up...is this true?
    05-25-09 05:40 PM
    the operative phrase is "if it heats up". it would have to get pretty damn hot to spontaneously combust.
    05-25-09 05:42 PM
    05-25-09 05:42 PM
    Possible,... but I really doubt it would burst into flames.
    05-25-09 05:43 PM
    No at most the business card will just warm up thats all Ive been using a business card for about 3 months now and my storm hasnt burst into flames and the click is a 'click'.
    05-25-09 05:52 PM
    I would think that if it was hot enough to make a business card catch fire, it would be hot enough to cause severe damage to the device itself
    05-25-09 06:11 PM
    Just adjust the screws on the back and no more problems. I tried the business card and the sticker but adjusting the screws fixes it perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 06:16 PM
    hmmm...maybe need a fire extinguisher app.......
    05-25-09 06:27 PM
    Nope, paper has to be heated over 200 degrees C to start on fire. there was another thread while back asking the same question. (Around the same time a story hit the news about a kid in school burning his leg because his ipod burst into flames in his pocket).

The best answer given was from a firefighter. I can't remember exactly what he posted but to have a fire you need 3 things. o2, a chemical reaction and something else, can't remember. If you search for the thread, I'm sure his explanation will put your mind at ease.
    05-25-09 07:15 PM
    You need Air, Heat, and Fuel to start and maintain a fire, and a chain reaction if you wanna get technical with it. If your battery gets up to 200 degrees, business card or no card, you will have issues.
    05-25-09 07:36 PM
    I gave up on the business card fix because I found I had to switch cards out every week. On
    e night, I got home a little drunk and was putting my storm down when I noticed a dime sitting on my night stand. On a whim, I grabbed the dime opened my battery cover, thru out the card and just stuck that dime right on the center of the battery and closed it. I passed out shortly thereafter. When I woke up good and hangover, I remembered sticking a dime inside my phone. Well let ne tell you. That was one of the best drunken decisions I have ever made. My phone clicks so crisp and firm. Its even click all over the screen gives me such good feedback that my typing speed has improved dramatically. I highly recommend this fix. Try it out and let me know what you think.
    Its been AMAZING FOR ME.

Last edited by pbar41; 05-25-09 at 09:53 PM.
    05-25-09 09:50 PM
    I've heard that the only thing that will cause your Storm to burst into flames is using the Search Forums link at the top of every single page in these forums.

Seriously...do the torx screw fix.

Grey
    05-25-09 10:21 PM
    Just think, you could be the first Storm owner whose phone burst into flames! I'm sure RIM would take care of you real well because the card would not have been the reason for the fire, only the reason it kept burning. I'm sure you would get free BB's for life to keep you from suing.
    05-25-09 11:30 PM
    Just stick a red bull tab in the center of my battery and I went from hating surepress to loving it. Corners are responsive as ****.

05-26-09 04:31 AM
    This thread is hilarious!

05-26-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD