Ever since I got my storm 2 and I started reading stuff on the forums.
    I have notice that people are never happy with their storm. Whether it is the keyboard, battery life, speed, browser, apps, Os ,etc people are always complaining. I have complained too. I have always complained about the battery life... It sucks! Well its been a bit better on .607.
    Oh and my booting time.. It takes 6 minutes for my berry to boot up. Any one with the same problem?

So are we ever going to be happy with the storm or are we always going to have problems?

What is it that we want for the new Os?

A new look like the palm Os or iPhone Os?

I think we do need a new look, a little bit more high tech do you think?

Post your opinions, thoughts, subjections, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 06:56 PM
    our two S2's boot up in 3:20 on 607. every time, give or take 10 seconds.

I don't want the OS to look like webOS. I played with the Palms and don't like anything other than the swipe to close feature.

even iphone 4.0 isn't all that hot, IMO. it really doesn't multitask every app and I DETEST how you have to dismiss alerts before u can continue with what u were doing. pretty lame alerting system, if u ask me.
    Last edited by dave1812; 04-14-10 at 07:17 PM.
    04-14-10 06:59 PM
    ...I'm happy with my Storm2
    04-14-10 07:05 PM
    I'm happy with my storm 2 as well. The only thing I didn't like at the beginning was the battery life.
    I haven't played with the palm that much, but I did like the calendar. Idk I'm a newbie to the BB system, I only had mine for 4 months I'm pretty happy.

04-14-10 07:48 PM
    I couldn't be happier with my s2. Especially after the replacement. I do run into problems time to time but nothing I'm willing to change the device for... battery life is not great but decent.
    My reboot time take about 4 minutes...
    04-14-10 07:59 PM
    I don't spend any time over on the Droid, Pre, iPhone, etc forums but I suspect they have their own issues. I have been using BB for nine years and it's only in the last two to three years that I have moved beyond email, calender, notes applications, and of course the phone. With this brings more complexity, third party apps, etc. I have just as many problems, if not more, with MS Windows on my PC than I do with my BB, especially with anti virus, ad blockers, firewalls, etc taking up memory and processing time.

I suspect the 80 / 20 rule applies with BB, i.e. 80% of the users only use 20%of the features and the other 20% use 80% of the features. The latter are more likely to be on forums with questions and looking for answers.

In answer to the question, I have always been happy with my BB's, the Storm 2 included.
    04-14-10 08:41 PM
    I'm happy with my Storm 2, and I was mostly happy with my Storm 1. Yes, it has a couple quirks, but so do the "other" phones. I do agree the boot time is excessive. I have no idea why my S2 takes twice as long to boot as my S1 did. It's not all bad news in that department though...I almost NEVER have to reboot the S2. Only if I update an app that requires it or if I need to swap out the battery (try that on an iPhone...lol!).
    04-14-10 08:56 PM
    You can only be concern about yourself. I know some people that have issues with Storms, but I know I don't have any problems personally. In the end, how I feel about the phone matters.

I've played around with a lot of BlackBerrys, the iPhone, some of the Android phones... Yet the Storms (1&2) are the phones for me. I'm only a few that likes them, but oh well.
    04-14-10 09:58 PM
    ...I'm happy with my Storm2
    I love my storm2, the only device I will upgrade it to is the storm3 when and if it comes out. . Large screen, good on screen keyboard. Battery life has been solved with the backpack, AKA 2600 mah battery. The phone works well, and with the 580 version of the OS I have had 0 issues for my use (a lot of messaging) and I have like 15 apps installed, with about .5 megs memory leak a day. I can easily go a week w/o a battery pull .

This is now a solid device
    04-15-10 12:04 AM
    ^ Wow, really rare to see a dedicated fan from Spain who enjoy their BB.
    Last edited by thymaster; 04-15-10 at 12:23 AM.
    04-15-10 12:21 AM
    Lol. Firstly I've been using a BlackBerry for a number of years. So for me this isn't really a choice anymore as you can see from my sig I've owned a lot of phones. Always back to BlackBerry and with good reason. Rim owns the other phones in terms of push and battery life . Combine the two and it's a great device for me. :P the storms large screen was the answer for me

Also I'm not from Spain. I live in Spain :P I'm from Phoenix haha. Work thing.

04-15-10 01:12 AM
    People have a tendency to complain more than they praise on forums.

04-15-10 01:49 AM
    Some people would complain if you wrote them a check for a million dollars, that they had to go to the bank to cash the check.

I can buy any phone I want. I'm very happy with my S2 so it's staying.
    04-15-10 02:01 AM
    i love my storm 2! im basically attatched to it, even when i go to sleep i have it in the bed in case i get a text or call
    04-15-10 02:54 AM
    i love my storm 2! im basically attatched to it, even when i go to sleep i have it in the bed in case i get a text or call
    That's dedicated. I used to do that until I started getting 20 emails and other messages from friends. Haha. Now it's in bedside mode while I sleep

04-15-10 04:38 AM
    Some people would complain if you wrote them a check for a million dollars, that they had to go to the bank to cash the check.

I can buy any phone I want. I'm very happy with my S2 so it's staying.
    AMEN TO THAT! There are some people that will complain about ANYTHING! I LOVE my Storm2 and my next one will be the S3!
    04-15-10 10:41 AM
    Very happy & satisfied with S2, especially after dealing with the clusterf**k that was S1..
    04-15-10 10:43 AM
    My S2 is the best phone I've owned, and the S1 was great to me as well. If you're not happy with it, get something else. There's a lot of good smartphones out there (bb and non bb), but I suspect that you're going to dissatisfied with anything you get. The devices today can do soooo much, it's easy to look at one or two things that another phone does and feel like what you have is inadequate. I think you've stuck in "the grass is always greener" syndrome. As some song writer once wrote...love the one you're with.
    04-15-10 10:59 AM
    No. We will never be completely happy because Big Red and RIM constantly undermine the consumer with unfiltered trash and excuses and empty promises and missed deadlines while the rest of the world laughs at us.

Such a wonderful piece of technology is going to waste in the hands of a bloated bureaucratic out of touch slow moving dinosaur of a marriage of two companies of dissimilar positions and goals. I hope they choke.

Ever since I got my storm 2 and I started reading stuff on the forums.
    I have notice that people are never happy with their storm. Whether it is the keyboard, battery life, speed, browser, apps, Os ,etc people are always complaining. I have complained too. I have always complained about the battery life... It sucks! Well its been a bit better on .607.
    Oh and my booting time.. It takes 6 minutes for my berry to boot up. Any one with the same problem?

So are we ever going to be happy with the storm or are we always going to have problems?

What is it that we want for the new Os?

A new look like the palm Os or iPhone Os?

I think we do need a new look, a little bit more high tech do you think?

Post your opinions, thoughts, subjections, etc.

04-15-10 11:15 AM
    I'm happy with my Storm2 running .607
    There will be people on this forum that will always find something to complain about no matter how good the phone gets.

There's a big differences between coming on here to ask for help with a bug or something you don't understand about the how something works. Then there's the incessant whining... like a bunch of spoiled kids. I remember what phones were like only 5 years ago. These devices are incredible, and getting better every day.
    04-15-10 11:19 AM
    I'm happy with my Storm2 running .607
    There will be people on this forum that will always find something to complain about no matter how good the phone gets.

There's a big differences between coming on here to ask for help with a bug or something you don't understand about the how something works. Then there's the incessant whining... like a bunch of spoiled kids. I remember what phones were like only 5 years ago. These devices are incredible, and getting better every day.
    Ok! We get it! Your a passive aggressive FANBOI. Good for you! You want a frickin cookie? Now go polish your screen. We have sift through your drivel on here too ya know. People are allowed to have opinions in this country still. What are you ? A communist?

04-15-10 11:29 AM
    I won't lie, I didn't read past the first post.

I am happy with my Storm 2. My girlfriend has had some issues with hers, but are mostly hardware related, and Verizon has been very helpful in their willingness to replace it. When it is working like it is supposed to, (read: advertised), she is very happy with it as well.

We are always going to be part of a culture where we want the next best thing, the moment we have the current. Different is not the same as 'better', but when we compare the Storm 2 to the Droid, the iPhone, etc ... they have different features.

In an ideal world, the best of all of them would be slapped together in some sort of super phone. The Droid iStorm. (TM). But this isn't that world. So the way you will be happy with your phone is doing a little bit of research, and really it isn't hard to Google a bit, and figure out your priorities on what you want your phone to do.

If you want 2948239481238 apps, the Storm is not likely your #1 device. If you want super security and slick e-mail / messaging, the iPhone is probably not your #1 device. If you want open source and a media focused experience, you are leaning toward the Droid. The list goes on. Decide what you need, and then figure out your list of wants afterward.

+2 Cents.
    04-15-10 12:06 PM
    I have been a BB user for almost 10 years, I had 2 storm 1's which I hated with passion. I one day nearly launched my storm 1 out the window, that was the biggest piece of junk to ever get released by RIM. I immediately went back to a Bold. When the storm 2 came out, I hesitated, all of the fixes I wanted were made, but I was still nervous. I was never a fan of the click down screen, to me, it defeats the purpose of having a touch screen, but I splurged and bought it, and...I love it. I answer 20 to 30 biz emails a day on this bad boy including a crap load of text messages and I whip through typing on landscape mode without errors. I was getting more miss types on my bold. I am still not a big fan of the click down, it also gets annoying when typing in public, it's quite loud, but the phone has been amazing. I'm hoping that RIM will release a future software version that will allow the user to activate/de-activate the clickable screen during useage. That would be fantastic!
    04-15-10 12:29 PM
    How many Storm 2s have been sold overall?

How many different complaints do you see here?

Bob
    04-15-10 01:37 PM
    Honestly?

I LOVE my Storm! At first I had a complaint about the battery, but when you really do think about it, with all the things this incredible phone is doing at once...the battery life really isn't bad. My phone typically dies within a day or two, depending on just how much usage I get out of it.

Photo quality is amazing as well, I love the camera.

Perhaps my ONLY complaint about it is that SurePress still doesn't entirely auto correct every word for me and it gets kind of annoying, but hey, it's such a great phone! Every phone has it's flaws.
    04-17-10 12:32 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD