I sold my storm recently and realized after I sold it that I forgot to delete the pictures which were stored on the memory card. I did, however, wipe the device before selling. Would that have deleted the pictures as well?
    06-02-09 09:44 PM
    Not at all. Sorry! Hope nothing embarrassing was on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 09:46 PM
    uh-oh, camel is correct, it does NOT delete stuff off of the mem card via device wipe
    06-02-09 09:48 PM
    lol, I hope nothing embarassing was on there either. I'm pretty sure there wasn't. I also can't really remember if I set the phone to save pictures and videos to the memory card or the phone itself..... thanks for the answers!
    06-02-09 09:54 PM
    It will. I had set a password on my blackberry and left it at my desk at school when I went to the bathroom. When I was gone my friend wanted to get in my phone thinking they could get my password they just kept on entering things even though she wasn't getting any of them right. Long story short I came back from the bathroom to find my phone wiped clean even the pictures on my meomory card. Fml
    06-02-09 10:18 PM
    What about in Memory if you have Encryption Mode set to either Security Password or Security Password & Device. Then won't it delete stuff on the memory card? Or maybe Content Protection in Security Options > General?
    06-02-09 10:21 PM
    It will. I had set a password on my blackberry and left it at my desk at school when I went to the bathroom. When I was gone my friend wanted to get in my phone thinking they could get my password they just kept on entering things even though she wasn't getting any of them right. Long story short I came back from the bathroom to find my phone wiped clean even the pictures on my meomory card. Fml
    I'm purely speculating here, but I think your phone got wiped differently. The OP probably wiped the device using JL_cmder or the wipe function on the device just like when we wipe before installing a new OS. It wouldn't make sense for this type of wipe to delete everything of the SD card because none of the OS files are stored on the card. Your phone got wiped due to security reasons, and so I bet when it does a security wipe that the device deletes EVERYTHING including the SD card contents so that the would be intruder can't access anything. Although if the intruder were smart they could just take out the card before attempting to get into the device. Or does the password affect card access as well?
    06-02-09 10:49 PM
    I'm purely speculating here, but I think your phone got wiped differently. The OP probably wiped the device using JL_cmder or the wipe function on the device just like when we wipe before installing a new OS. It wouldn't make sense for this type of wipe to delete everything of the SD card because none of the OS files are stored on the card. Your phone got wiped due to security reasons, and so I bet when it does a security wipe that the device deletes EVERYTHING including the SD card contents so that the would be intruder can't access anything. Although if the intruder were smart they could just take out the card before attempting to get into the device. Or does the password affect card access as well?
    You are correct in that I wiped the device manually on the device. Options>Security>Handheld wipe. After I sold the phone, I thought perhaps it had deleted memory card files as well--- after all, what if someone tried to access the phone through unlocking it, and failed the designated number of attempts? It would wipe everything, right? I was hoping that was the case, but if the two wipes are different (handheld wipe vs. security wipe) then it wouldn't have erased anything.

I'm not too worried, I contacted the buyer and he informed me he had formatted the memory card, which automatically erases everything on it. Plus I really don't think I had anything on there, mostly just pictures of a remodeled bathroom.
    06-03-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD