The iPhone zooms and pans with a pinch or movement of the finger. And then it can select links by touchin them. From my understanding on the Storm, you are in pan mode first to move and zoom around. Then if you want to click on a link or a field to type stuff, you have to switch to the cursor mode. Seems like an extra step that's not needed, but I dunno... I haven't used it first hand to try these things and people that have are so tight-lipped that if their nose fills with boogers, they'll sufficate.
    Cmon lets not instigate Crucial into releasing info that could jeopardize his job....he has to make a living too. If he gets fired for releasing something he shouldn't be he's basically scarred for life. What other company would hire him. The Man may have a family to feed... I sure wouldn't want my mom getting fire....how would i get that storm next month.
    10-09-08 11:12 PM
    Why does everyone want Skyfire? Don't get me wrong, it renders really nice, but are you guys aware that what you're looking at is a virtual representation of what another system is pulling up? Yep, when you go somewhere, the Skyfire servers pull up the pages, what you're looking at on your mobile device is actually being pulled up on another system. That's right... more proxy based browsing, only more so. I wish people would develop local based browsers for mobile devices that can do this sort of stuff. The technology is there, people are just trying to find the easy way out. I don't know about you, but I don't like sharing my info with a 3rd party too much.
    I'd rather surf the web on a Motorola Star Tac before I surf it with 3rd party spies......
    10-09-08 11:28 PM
    I'd rather surf the web on a Motorola Star Tac before I surf it with 3rd party spies......
    I didn't know Skyfire does that. Well, there's still Opera Mobile, which does an excellent job rendering pages and has flash support. Hopefully they will bring it to the BB OS soon.

Also firefox mobile is in the works. I haven't looked at it yet. Seems like everything is being developed for WinMo devices though.
    10-10-08 08:05 AM
    I'm not certain of this, but wouldn't disabling the Proxy setting in Security -> TLS allow the handheld to interact directly with a web site and not require utilizing a third party (i.e. RIM's Proxy)?
    10-13-08 12:26 AM
154 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD