Any word on when the 9500 GSM will release in the us?
    10-04-08 08:49 PM
    Any word on when the 9500 GSM will release in the us?
    It won't be this year. It should launch Rogers this year. Since you're on T-Mobile just get the 9530 from Verizon and put your SIM in it and you'll be fine. Or get the 9500 and use it on AT&T for 3G.
    10-04-08 09:00 PM
    When I saw the thread title, I was thinking how when the 9530 is released, everyone on these forums will be having multiple 9500-gasm's!
    10-04-08 09:07 PM
    It won't be this year. It should launch Rogers this year. Since you're on T-Mobile just get the 9530 from Verizon and put your SIM in it and you'll be fine. Or get the 9500 and use it on AT&T for 3G.
    Crucial does that mean the gsm portion has to be unlocked for us tmo users or we can just throw our sim in and our service and bb features will work?
    10-04-08 09:07 PM
    Crucial does that mean the gsm portion has to be unlocked for us tmo users or we can just throw our sim in and our service and bb features will work?
    Ok, the 9500 will work on any GSM carriers EDGE and Rogers and AT&T's 3G networks. The Verizon 9530 will work on any GSM carriers 2.5G(EDGE). It looks like the Verizon 9530 doesn't have to be unlocked. You can simply insert SIM and go.
    10-04-08 09:12 PM
    Thank you for the reply! If im reading this correctly then that makes me very happy that I dont have to order a phone from another country I can just drive down the street. Thanks again for the response.
    10-04-08 09:16 PM
    Ok, the 9500 will work on any GSM carriers EDGE and Rogers and AT&T's 3G networks. The Verizon 9530 will work on any GSM carriers 2.5G(EDGE). It looks like the Verizon 9530 doesn't have to be unlocked. You can simply insert SIM and go.
    Goodness CX my goodness! So I will have the best of both worlds using Verizon's 3G network while having a Tmobile account as well. Only b/c my best sister in the whole world is gonna let me get on her account to get the Storm.. I know people she spoils me don't flame me for it, because she asked me if there was any new phones out I told her bout the storm..
    10-04-08 11:05 PM
    Oooh yeahhh, Stormgasm!
    10-04-08 11:14 PM
    Hmmm, I was thinking something like that would be possible. Will the device still recognize BES and BIS configuration regardless of switching back and forth between Verizon and AT&T?

Two phone numbers on one phone... how am I going to keep that straight?

EDIT: I will have a Blackberry plan on each carrier, so maybe it's possible
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-04-08 at 11:37 PM.
    10-04-08 11:17 PM
    Oooh yeahhh, Stormgasm!
    Nice, I think Ill have that when get it in the mail from my sister in Arizona.

Hmmm, I was thinking something like that would be possible. Will the device still recognize BES and BIS configuration regardless of switching back and forth between Verizon and AT&T?

Two phone numbers on one phone... how am I going to keep that straight?
    I was wondering the same thing but I will only use the voice from T-Mobile and only use VZW 3G network.
    10-04-08 11:32 PM
    I was wondering the same thing but I will only use the voice from T-Mobile and only use VZW 3G network.
    I think you'd have to manually switch to GSM to make the phone calls, then force it back to Verizon for data, but whilst on Verizon you wouldn't receive your T-Mobile calls. It has to be either or.
    10-04-08 11:39 PM
    This is very interesting. Very, very, interesting. I may finally be able to consolidate my work and personal cells...
    10-05-08 12:01 AM
    will the 9500 be able to fully access the 3G network of ATT. such as using a vodaphone version that has been unlocked?
    11-03-08 12:57 AM
    I think I am just going to wait until AT&T releases the Storm.

I am hoping that one will have Wi-Fi -
    11-03-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD