Hello All. Just wondering if anyone else has problems viewing wikipedia pages on the storm 2? I have never had a problem but for some reason the last few months I can't load them. I am using .320 because me sling player doesn't work with the newest OS.

What happens is they load and the slow down considerably when it says loading images. I set images to low quality and it didn't help at all. It litterally freezes my entire blackberry for minutes until I eventually cancel out of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 11:42 PM
    I would go into Options within your browser - Cache Operations - clear everything out of there - and do a Battery pull for good measure.

I just tried Wikipedia, with images set to High res - worked fine for me - running .607.
    06-09-10 01:05 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for the advice. I tried it and still no luck. I wonder if I should just do a complete reinstall of my OS to see if that helps. Pain in the ****.

-KG
    06-09-10 06:57 AM
    I use the mobile version of wikipedia and it works fine for me too. I don't know if the OP was referring to the full site or mobile one.

06-09-10 08:01 AM
    Wikipedia's normal site is very slow to load since it's not configured for phones. Try out wapedia.mobi

06-09-10 08:20 AM
    I've noticed the same thing lately, and I'm running Lyricidal's 705 hybrid...so I doubt it's the OS version. Loading wikipedia pages (full site) almost cripples my phone.
    06-09-10 02:22 PM
    Okay, so I upgraded to the newest OS. Wikipedia (Full Site) works like a charm. The problem I have with the new OS is that I use the sling mobile player for the bold on my Storm 2 in compatibility mode. The program doesn't work great and the Keyboard is completely unresponsive so changing channels is impposible. It seems the best of both worlds is not going to happen so I will probably downgrade to .320. I dont suppose anyone has heard of this problem and a possible solution?

-KG
    06-09-10 02:49 PM
    ****, you're lucky to get SlingMedia work. I never could quite get it, and just gave up because I'm not really that excited about having to use compatibility mode.
    06-09-10 03:41 PM
    I never had any problems up until now. It has worked quite well for me. The small screen is unfortunate though.

-Kevin Gunther
    06-09-10 03:49 PM
    I may have just lacked the patience to use compatibility mode. I was running .320 at the time when I attempted to install it. Usually though, after about 60 seconds of streaming it would just freeze right up on me.

I'm not sure if it's Sling or Verizon (since last I checked no Verizon branded BB's are listed under supported devices) that's keeping a Storm version of the app from becoming available, but I'd really like to see one.
    06-09-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD