Wi-Fi is always appreciated
    02-25-09 07:25 AM
    Although I agree that WiFi is not a necessity, it would be nice for 2 occasions:

1. Any location with poor signal, for example when inside a building with little to no signal where WiFi is available
    2. Some airlines now offer WiFi service in-flight

Thankfully these don't happen everyday, at least for me, but I'm sure more often for others and carrying a laptop on a non-business flight is a pain in the @ss!

But with that said, still glad I own a Storm & VZW's network is pretty reliable & fast.
    Last edited by bg0508; 02-25-09 at 08:38 AM.
    02-25-09 08:36 AM
    the storm has wireless charging? how? hdmi out? not sure waht free teathering, wimax, is...................... explain how to do this stuff
    You ARE kidding, right?
    02-25-09 10:29 AM
    Wifi would have been nice, but it's not really a big deal by not having it
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    Ok... this must be said.

It is not necessary on this device because Verizon's 3g network virtually covers every populated area in the states. The iPhone NEEDS wifi because AT&T's 3g coverage is only available in select highly populated area's.

You have a data plan, use it. Wifi is not going to give you much of a speed boost because currently the only reason webpages appear slow is because the phone is taking time to render the page/images. Try a different browser and you will get a major boost in speed.

Wifi would be a stupid idea for RIM... It increases the cost of an already pricier to manufacturer phone and drains battery life like no other. The storm has the best battery life of any of the big 3. (The G1, Storm, iPhone)

Spoken like a true fanboy!

LOL, a lot of things aren't necessary for a phone to operate but doesn't mean they aren't nice to have. Although we have the best network in the world it doesn't mean people shouldn't want wifi.

How could wifi be a stupid idea from RIM
    If it drains battery life, then just turn it off when you're not using it. Like everything else that drains power.
    02-25-09 05:16 PM
    Although I agree that WiFi is not a necessity, it would be nice for 2 occasions:

1. Any location with poor signal, for example when inside a building with little to no signal where WiFi is available
    2. Some airlines now offer WiFi service in-flight

Thankfully these don't happen everyday, at least for me, but I'm sure more often for others and carrying a laptop on a non-business flight is a pain in the @ss!

But with that said, still glad I own a Storm & VZW's network is pretty reliable & fast.
    Winner. Winner. Seafood dinner.

Every day I walk into a dead zone. My office does not get a drop of cell signal. It has nothing to do with not being in a populated area. Most everyone in my office leaves their cell phones in their cars because there's no point in bringing them in. Guess what is available at my office? Secured Wi-Fi.

So now I'm working on trying to justify an inside signal extension.
    02-25-09 07:06 PM
    Winner. Winner. Seafood dinner.

Every day I walk into a dead zone. My office does not get a drop of cell signal. It has nothing to do with not being in a populated area. Most everyone in my office leaves their cell phones in their cars because there's no point in bringing them in. Guess what is available at my office? Secured Wi-Fi.

So now I'm working on trying to justify an inside signal extension.
    I'm sure they have a reason why they either block cell signals in some way or just are positioned there to not carry cell phones because you have Secured Wi-Fi.

Not my business though. But I just had to point out too.
    02-25-09 09:15 PM
    With that many people want to use the unsafe public WiFi, I am sure the hackers are taking notes.

I guess people have to learn it the hard way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD