Is there such a device? A WiFi adapter that possibly plugs into the USB port on the storm? Perhaps Bluetooth?
    02-03-09 03:12 PM
    No. The phone's software doesn't support such a device anyway. The Storm does not and will not have wifi.
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    ^^^ The "Storm" (9520) most definitely has wifi.
    02-03-09 04:01 PM
    Maybe in the future, we shall see? Even if there was a USB-key sized wireless network adapater for the Storm, I don't know how useful it would be. I'd need to carry the thing around with me at all times, it would jut out of the phone in a strange and unpleasing way, and the Verizon 3G seems to be adequate for the job. It might be a nice enterprise solution though.
    02-03-09 04:04 PM
    ^^^ The "Storm" (9520) most definitely has wifi.
    Lmao. I think you know what I meant.
    02-03-09 04:21 PM
    Maybe in the future, we shall see? Even if there was a USB-key sized wireless network adapater for the Storm, I don't know how useful it would be. I'd need to carry the thing around with me at all times, it would jut out of the phone in a strange and unpleasing way, and the Verizon 3G seems to be adequate for the job. It might be a nice enterprise solution though.
    Nice product idea: Extended battery with some of the bulge used as a wifi interface. Thin ribbon cable that plugs into the micro-usb port for wifi power and data. The only question would be is how tightly wound is the 9500/9530 software in terms of connecting to a network via usb?
    02-03-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD