They might come out with a microSD wifi card

Everyone happy!!
    Last edited by Venc; 03-24-09 at 01:38 AM.
    03-24-09 01:01 AM
    exactly, why would you need wi-fi. im never at the house and im not going into some coffee shop to browse the net. beside wi-fi would be useless anyways. if you get a blackberry, verizon makes you pay 29.99 extra for unlimited internet, so why waste your money?....use the network....its fast.

And if you mean has wireless internet you mean it uses the networks cellular internet, cause the storm doesn't have wi-fi
    (1) Simple. Data connection is spotty at some places I travel to. Hotel and other businesses have wifi. Wifi would pick up where data is limited. YOU might have data wherever you are....not all of us have coverage everywhere, all the time.

(2) Wifi is faster in many cases.

(3) Storm users knock the Iphone for not having certain simple features....MMS, copy/paste, etc. Let's face it, wifi is a rather simple feature to implement, too.
    03-24-09 05:01 AM
    Erm, as for 3g speeds, I load m.crackberry.com in under a second.
    03-24-09 05:20 AM
    Wifi can be faster than 3G. It can be very useful if you travel a lot and have no international roaming included in your abonement
    03-24-09 05:32 AM
    Erm, as for 3g speeds, I load m.crackberry.com in under a second.
    Some Storm owners visit sites other than m.crackberry.com. What baffles me is folks who totally disount wifi because they don't have a need for it. Others might. I see no value, for instance, in the Storm's video recording capability. I simply don't record video with a cell phone/PDA/smart phone. Doesn't mean, however, that I don't recognize some people like and use the feature.
    03-24-09 06:14 AM
    Spectrec was working on a micro SD WI-fi card for winmo.
    Spectec microSD WiFi Card

don't know if it ever made it to market
    03-24-09 10:37 AM
    03-24-09 10:55 AM
    Try using Mini Opera.. mine loads faster than BB Browser or my friend's 3G Iphone ;-)

Why? Because 3G is slower than 13.3 kbps dial up. C'mon try accessing CB from a Storm. It takes at least 2-4 min to load the home page from anywhere! Sorry for spouting, but I am very disappointed with this 3G stuff. I am running .109 and my Storm will not even show some of the page while my father's iPhone has it completely loaded. We have cleared the cache, rebooted and done everything we can think of to make it a fair test. Maybe I am configured wrong?
    03-24-09 10:59 AM
    Really? This can't be serious. The OP ask about WiFi and talks about a new release. I'm shocked....
    03-24-09 11:04 AM
    Yes you're right to a point but then it would be much easier for people to just buy the Storm and use WiFi without getting a data plan or having to sign a contract with a carrier. We already know the excuses as to why the Storm doesn't have Wifi are lies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because anyone who buys any smartphone from Verizon is required to get the dataplan...and apparently AT&T are now rethinking their plans as well...
    Last edited by DIA.NSA.CIA; 03-24-09 at 11:45 PM.
    03-24-09 11:42 PM
    Try using Mini Opera.. mine loads faster than BB Browser or my friend's 3G Iphone ;-)
    yea i had mini opera on it for awhile and i deleted it cause it wouldnt become the default browser and everytime that i switched apps to reply to a text message i have to enable suretype again. now i want it back and it wont let me download it, can anyone help?

btw my 3G speeds are pretty fast, it only takes about a minute at most, usually 30 seconds, to load crackberry.com (not the mobile version) the real thing. and thats on the bb browser, not mini opera.

and back to the wifi thing, yes in some cases it is better but i have wifi at my house and i compared speeds using the ipod touch browser and the bb storm browser, and the 3G was faster than the wifi by about 10-15 seconds, but thats just me
    03-25-09 02:51 PM
    yea i had mini opera on it for awhile and i deleted it cause it wouldnt become the default browser and everytime that i switched apps to reply to a text message i have to enable suretype again. now i want it back and it wont let me download it, can anyone help?

btw my 3G speeds are pretty fast, it only takes about a minute at most, usually 30 seconds, to load crackberry.com (not the mobile version) the real thing. and thats on the bb browser, not mini opera.

and back to the wifi thing, yes in some cases it is better but i have wifi at my house and i compared speeds using the ipod touch browser and the bb storm browser, and the 3G was faster than the wifi by about 10-15 seconds, but thats just me
    http://mini.opera.com/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 03:19 PM
    (1) Simple. Data connection is spotty at some places I travel to. Hotel and other businesses have wifi. Wifi would pick up where data is limited. YOU might have data wherever you are....not all of us have coverage everywhere, all the time.

(2) Wifi is faster in many cases.

(3) Storm users knock the Iphone for not having certain simple features....MMS, copy/paste, etc. Let's face it, wifi is a rather simple feature to implement, too.
    THANK YOU!!!! D@mn. Thats all that would be required to shut everyone up. I have some classes that are in in the back of buildings with no signal. I used to have to sit there with the phone in my pocket, till I got some stuff on the memory card like videos and music, but I would still like to view YouTube videos and go online. Some people are lucky bastards who do not know the pain I feel because they are always in good coverage areas. That is why they dismiss the WiFi, and I agree, but d@mn it sometimes I just need it. Those people just need to understand that for some of us, we dont get a good signal ALL of the time, and sometimes we have to go without any for a couple of hours. That is why we *****, because its **** living without a connection to the world for more than an hour .

I think its all logically about the money. If they gave people WiFi and made them pay 30 bucks extra for data, why the he!l would anyone take that?? Would be cheaper to just cut the contract and go with someone else. THAT is the reason I think they dont have WiFi. THAT is the reason I have to spend boring hours in boring classes and buildings
    Last edited by nemo-maritime; 03-25-09 at 03:28 PM.
    03-25-09 03:25 PM
    Ok so I just got my storm but i cannot find the wifi? you think something this common would be easy to find. I was told to come on here and ask about it because I have no clue where it is. Gosh its making me so mad. My verizon rep told me there should be a new software update out this week. Dont really know what that means but maybe it will make my wifi easier to find.
    the guy opened this account two days ago, and has since spouted about the 9530 having wifi and some mysterious "OS update"...

...what is "OS update", precious?

coughtrollcough
    03-25-09 03:49 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD