AAAArrrrrghhh!!!

My wife was sold on the Storm after playing around with mine. I have had it for 3 weeks with absolutely no problems. Screen clicks great, no random reboots or need to battery pull. I got Verizon to send me a free one for her on their BOGO sale. She received it fedex yesterday and today it completely wigs out. Solid white screen, 2 battery pulls and screen would not go away. Took it to local Verizon store they replaced it no problem. I came home from work today and the screen won't click in the lower left corner. Doing the card thing under the cover for now, it works, but going to go back to store again tomorrow.

Why can't they all be perfect???
    02-12-09 11:08 PM
    AAAArrrrrghhh!!!

My wife was sold on the Storm after playing around with mine. I have had it for 3 weeks with absolutely no problems. Screen clicks great, no random reboots or need to battery pull. I got Verizon to send me a free one for her on their BOGO sale. She received it fedex yesterday and today it completely wigs out. Solid white screen, 2 battery pulls and screen would not go away. Took it to local Verizon store they replaced it no problem. I came home from work today and the screen won't click in the lower left corner. Doing the card thing under the cover for now, it works, but going to go back to store again tomorrow.

She got what she payed for : )

On a serious note, unfortunately that's the story of the Storm. Tons of bad units and people exchanging them out sometimes 2+ times before they get a "working" one.

Sorry to hear she's going through the same thing. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:27 AM
    Yeah the hardware quality in general isn't that great. I'm going to get one eventually but only when they get their hardware under control. I'm not willing to go through 2+ phones just to get one that works as it should.

02-13-09 03:16 PM
    They will exchange it no questions asked within the first 30 days under their worry free guarantee program. I was lucky like you and a good one the first go round.
    02-13-09 03:18 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that the RIM Co-CEO was right when he said that it's a fact of new technology that if you want it sooner, you have to be willing to live with some problems until later.

I think that RIM made a marketing choice gambling that they would get more market share releasing the product when and how they did than waiting until it was "ready" by which time the Pre will undoubtedly be out and the cheaper and newer iPhones will be just around the corner.

Was it a good gamble? Only if they get and retain more customers than they **** off when one in 10 (or 1 in 20 or 1 in 30 - take your pick) phones has enough NON USER generated problems that they get returned.

It looks like your personal family experience is 50/50. Maybe you can get another good one and make it 66/33.
    02-13-09 03:30 PM
    I did the same BOGO deal online. My Storm is working/performing great but I too have the screen click problem in the corners. My g/f storm's screen is performing beautifully. Will going to Verizon store this weekend to see if they'll give me a new one to replace it.
    02-13-09 05:23 PM
    after reading all this stuff I feel lucky that mine came good out of the box.
    02-13-09 06:07 PM
    She is going back to store again Monday. For now I did the business card fix. She is going to check the phone before she leaves. I noticed on ghe box that there was. 5 month difference in build date. Mine was built after hers.

02-13-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD