ok so I just had a long car ride with a DROID user... tons of Widgets... does BB have em.. or are they getting em?? anyone know?
    05-06-10 01:51 PM
    I doubt you'll ever see a BB os with widgets.
    05-06-10 02:08 PM
    I don't know about that ^ I follow BlackBerry Dev on Twitter and they had this to say yesterday.....

BlackBerry Widget Navigation Mode: Everything you Need to Know BlackBerry Widget Navigation Mode: Everything you Need to Know | BlackBerry Developer’s Blog (DS)

Maybe its not the same thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 04:20 PM
    Storm3 was reported to have widgets. But personally I don't believe it.

05-06-10 09:12 PM
    OS 6 will suppossedly have widgets. I personally think when 6, gets launched, we'll see the implementation of widgets.

05-06-10 09:27 PM
    Actually all recent views of OS6 do not NOT show the implementation of widgets.

05-06-10 09:32 PM
    I dont think Blackberry widgets are going to be like Android widgets. Apps like Snaptu and Bolt 2 have widgets, and I think those are the widgets the BB dev-team is talking about.
    05-07-10 01:20 AM
    Blackberry 6 will not have widgets it will have "pages" which is Rims own version of widgets
    05-07-10 07:54 AM
    Widgets? Yes. In the Android sense? No.

P.S. Wasn't the Concierge app supposed to take over the 'widgets' idea?
    05-07-10 08:05 AM
    I think Blackberry will get widgets,....eventually. You know RIM is paying attention to their consumers and their needs as well as the competition and they'll soon figure out that widgets are becoming a necessity to everyone.
    05-07-10 05:55 PM
    Widgets are designed for touchscreens, not trackpads. I doubt we'll see widgets for anything other than Storms at most. I don't really care for them anyways.

05-07-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD