The Iphone app for Youtube renders youtube videos amazing quality, while the blackberry one shows fuzzy video. Whats up with that...? Any fix?
    12-09-08 01:20 AM
    All we storm users should send Youtube staff an email asking for a better quality player. Seriously.
    12-09-08 01:31 AM
    I honestly think that the videos for youtube are rendered using something else on the iPhone.. I have compared many times and its not even close..
    12-09-08 01:43 AM
    Its almost like the youtube app for the storm just takes the youtube mobile quality and puts it into application form, where as the iphone's youtube app takes the actual site quality information and puts it into app form.
    12-09-08 03:20 AM
    or it may be that apple and google slept in bed together for a night and figured out how to make it work hahah

after all when the iPhone launched the huge thing was WATCH REAL YOUTUBE on your phone.

so who knows..
    12-09-08 03:23 AM
    Its flash video it sucks on pc too, unless its hi qual. So you tube is just plain crappy period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 04:05 AM
    yeah i was disappointed with the quality. havent used it since the first time, when i found out how bad it was.
    12-09-08 04:12 AM
    Its almost like the youtube app for the storm just takes the youtube mobile quality and puts it into application form, where as the iphone's youtube app takes the actual site quality information and puts it into app form.
    I'm pretty sure your correct. Its the mobile site.... probably the site is tailored to stream to slower networks (edge). If they had a bandwidth measurement and stream you the quality your handset can take, it would fix the problem.

Common google step up your game!
    12-09-08 04:41 AM
    My hunch is that youtube resolution is nerfed to reduce bw on vz's network.

12-09-08 06:22 AM
    All I know is, that in its present form, it isn't really worth using.
    12-09-08 06:25 AM
    The iPhone is only good on Wifi with youtube.. the 3G connection looks exactly the same as the storm.
    12-09-08 06:51 AM
    Its flash video it sucks on pc too, unless its hi qual. So you tube is just plain crappy period.

Agreed! Too bad they can't up the quality even on a PC.
    12-09-08 07:07 AM
    All I know is, that in its present form, it isn't really worth using.
    I must have low standards. I felt it look pretty good and definitely was usable.
    12-09-08 07:13 AM
    i told the verizon tech that the other day, she said it the same. I was like how you must not have seen it before it totally different.
    12-09-08 07:15 AM
    Yea, I was kinda pissed when I saw it. I am guessing that bb and vz will work on this, or at least I hope. This is the only thing on my phone that I don't see as close to perfect.
    12-09-08 07:26 AM
    My friend just got the Fuze on AT&T and there is a YouTube app on it and the quality was amazing - but it took forever to load! He said there is an option for fast load time with crappier quality or longer load times with better quality. He chose the better quality option. But it looked really good.

so it can't just be an iphone thing.
    12-09-08 07:34 AM
    Our Storms do not have a flashplayer installed to view the REAL Youtube. Notice you are navigating to m.youtube.com which plays 3gp which is formatted for phones and compressed to ****.

So talk to Adobe about a flash plugin for the blackberry os.
    Last edited by bikoman; 12-09-08 at 08:34 AM.
    12-09-08 08:16 AM
    Our Storms do not have a flashplayer installed to view the REAL Youtube. Notice you are navigating to m.youtube.com which plays 3gp which is formatted for phones and compressed to ****.

So talk to Adobe about a flash plugin for the blackberry os.
    iPhones and Touches do not support flash either, but the youtube quality is very watchable. On the Storm, you can't even make out faces very well. It's night and day. Interesting comment earlier in this thread about the iPhone only having better quality via wi-fi. I have a Touch, so wi-fi is all I use for youtube, but I wonder if different settings are applied for wi-fi vs. 3G. In any event, it would be nice if the Storm could provide better quality youtube.
    12-09-08 08:56 AM
    it sucks you cant stream video from all the other video sites though.

live leak, ebaumsworld, tube8, those higher quality youtube clones, etc.
    12-09-08 06:29 PM
    Like mentioned earlier in this thread, I believe the current YouTube app that is being used is simply putting a pretty UI on top of Mobile YouTube's lower quality clips.
    12-09-08 06:52 PM
    The Blackberry YouTube app is probably made to cross-populate across all (or at least many) models of Blackberry, most of which don't have a screen like the Storm's. Kinda like how the Storm's Facebook app blows because it's just the same old Facebook app they put out for all the other text-reliant Blackberry models.
    12-09-08 06:57 PM
    The Blackberry YouTube app is probably made to cross-populate across all (or at least many) models of Blackberry, most of which don't have a screen like the Storm's. Kinda like how the Storm's Facebook app blows because it's just the same old Facebook app they put out for all the other text-reliant Blackberry models.
    This could explain it. Yea the facebook app defiantly blows, mine doesn't even seem to update. It is almost not worth having on the phone, I am hoping it isn't something I did wrong.
    12-10-08 12:36 AM
    if u want iphone quality youtube, get an iphone
    12-10-08 01:13 AM
    if u want iphone quality youtube, get an iphone
    god I hate this response.
    12-10-08 01:17 AM
    Agree, youtube on the Storm is weak! Somebody do something to fix it! Until then I'll be on CB bi$ching about it! Ha!

12-10-08 01:22 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD