I am puzzled about the idea of people being hyped about .148. I have been using it since the beta release. I do agree .148 will really help out those that have .75, but why are so many people on crackberry still using .75? It is much better than all the other OS versions I have used yet there are a few key items that have not been addressed... At least with my device.

1. The battery does not charge when the device is powered off. Not sure why, but the device does not want to charge when I turn off the device. The light blinks, but no charge...

2. The 1X radio signal is good, yet I lose EVDO all the time. I have a Curve and 8830 in my house, neither have this issue.

3. The overall 1X radio signal is a joke. The device drops calls, loses signal etc. Again the Curve and 8830 do not seem to have this problem.

4. Kramer says buy RIM, he also says buy AAPL. I say Kramer has more money than most people know what to do with and if I could afford either I guess I would buy them too.
    05-29-09 08:44 PM
    I'm still on .75 because there hasn't been anything wrong with it. Its been good to me. I know (most) people say that leaks are way better than .75 but I figure if it aint broke don't fix it.

Plus I'm lazy and doing an official OTA sounds good to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 09:20 PM
    I like .148 official because its not .75... Atleast they finally put something out.. Its a start..

05-29-09 09:25 PM
    yes your right i still have problems with my .148 it doesn't lock sometimes and it still lags on typing. Plus the edit box isn't in the address bar anymore for the internet so I'm not hyped about it but for the .75 people who waited this long will be happy.
    05-29-09 09:41 PM
    It is just nice to get the non leakers out of the dark and admire a small step of a long journey with the Storm.
    05-29-09 10:28 PM
    I like .148 official because its not .75... Atleast they finally put something out.. Its a start..

What he said.
    05-29-09 11:05 PM
    I can't access a leak so I'm flippin happy with the release of .148

05-29-09 11:08 PM

Agreed!! Hopefully it will be a good OS.
    05-29-09 11:15 PM
    The majority of people still on .75 are prolly on a BES. Some don't want a leak simply cuz its not an 'official'..

Then there's some that don't load a leak cuz they're in a 'pride' battle with VZW and want a reason to troll the forums and complain.

Those are my favorites.

05-29-09 11:19 PM
    i cant wait for the next leak. i dont want to be on the same OS as the normal pubics.
    05-29-09 11:19 PM
    not much better then .75 maybe a couple wow factors but not much more.
    Agreed!! Hopefully it will be a good OS.
    05-29-09 11:20 PM
    i cant wait for the next leak. i dont want to be on the same OS as the normal pubics.
    And now I have to assume that you are typing it that way on purpose! Ha ha ha ha! It's still making me laugh, though!
    05-29-09 11:23 PM
    im happy because upgrading to a leaked OS voids your warranty and I dont want to do that just yet. so an official update will be awesome for me and everyone else on .75
    05-29-09 11:47 PM
    The Storm is my first BB and I love it so far. .75 has glitches and they **** me off, but for me, the truth is the device works like a charm 80% of the time. Also, the phone was a graduation gift and I really don't see myself having the money to buy another one or fix it, so voiding the warranty (or running any unnecessary risks like the leaked OS) aren't really an option.

I'm psyched because I told myself if I just stuck with it, RIM and Verizon would come through. And for someone who has never downloaded a leaked OS, they did come through in a big way. Patience.
    05-30-09 12:39 AM
    im happy because upgrading to a leaked OS voids your warranty and I dont want to do that just yet.
    The consensus is that a leaked OS does not void your warranty. VZW can deny service with a leaked OS until you revert back to the official. VOID implies once you installed the leak you're cooked. Not true. Even if you can't return to the official, many people have returned their storms with leaked OS's with no questions asked.
    05-30-09 06:42 AM
    but why are so many people on crackberry still using .75? It is much better than all the other OS versions I have used yet there are a few key items that have not been addressed... At least with my device.
    Because I am on a company BES, and can only use approved OS releases per company policy........ So yes I am really glad we are finally getting a real FIX.
    05-30-09 07:34 AM
    i just dont want to brick my phone then go through the hassle of trying to fix it.Plus i see enough threads of people having problems trying to upgrade, so good ol .75 until the next official i waited this long whats another couple of days so im very excited
    05-30-09 08:16 AM
    The majority of people still on .75 are prolly on a BES.
    You realize how many people actually have the storm? And how only a handful know what this website is. So yes BES users are going to be excited but there are many a lot more BIS users on 75 then there are running a leak.
    05-30-09 08:57 AM
    If you can't afford to buy $80 or $130 dollars worth of stock at a time you shouldn't be buying stock at all. Actually, the share price doesn't matter, but if you can't afford atleast $500 per trade you shouldn't invest.

4. Kramer says buy RIM, he also says buy AAPL. I say Kramer has more money than most people know what to do with and if I could afford either I guess I would buy them too.
    05-30-09 09:17 AM
    .148 is a huge improvement over the previous OS...i have said before i feel like this is the OS that the storm should have been released with. but then we wouldn't have the storm at all! its a step in the right direction either way, and OP, your issues are unique, and not wide spread. they are location/hardware issues, not OS based.
    05-30-09 03:28 PM
    im happy because upgrading to a leaked OS voids your warranty and I dont want to do that just yet. so an official update will be awesome for me and everyone else on .75
    If you are so worried about that load .75 back onto your device if you don't like the leak. Problem solved. Trust me if RIM wants this thing to be FIPS certified there are not to many ways for them to figure out you had a leaked OS. VZW is not going to look so don't worry unless you need a "Certified Like New" (I like saying it, make me feel warm and fuzzy) replacement then downgrade.
    05-30-09 08:28 PM
    .148 is a huge improvement over the previous OS...i have said before i feel like this is the OS that the storm should have been released with. but then we wouldn't have the storm at all! its a step in the right direction either way, and OP, your issues are unique, and not wide spread. they are location/hardware issues, not OS based.
    You are right.

Also suggested that .148 if much better than .75 for those that don't want to use leaks or can't.

That is why I said on my device. I am getting a CFLN soon, mine is a nightmare. Can't even charge with the power off.
    Last edited by VoodooKaboom; 05-30-09 at 08:35 PM.
    05-30-09 08:29 PM
    If you can't afford to buy $80 or $130 dollars worth of stock at a time you shouldn't be buying stock at all. Actually, the share price doesn't matter, but if you can't afford atleast $500 per trade you shouldn't invest.
    Ahh, yes, but $500 does not do much for you when it comes to AAPL or RIM. If you like the market look into HEB, do the research you might like it.
    05-30-09 08:33 PM
    Not true, thats why there are options......
    05-30-09 10:16 PM
    I'm still on .75 because there hasn't been anything wrong with it. Its been good to me. I know (most) people say that leaks are way better than .75 but I figure if it aint broke don't fix it.
    Ditto
    Plus I'm lazy and doing an official OTA sounds good to me.

Posted from my CrackBer
    ry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-30-09 10:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD