View Poll Results: Why Would You Switch From Storm To Bold/Curve?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have to have hard buttons for texting

4 19.05%
  • Storm is too unstable/flaky

4 19.05%
  • I HATE click screens!

3 14.29%
  • I just love getting new gadgets.

7 33.33%
  • Other (please specify in response)

3 14.29%
    There have been many threads here regarding current owners lusting for the release of the Bold for their carrier, or considering switching to the Curve.

IMO, I don't get it, but to each his own. I consider the Storm to be in a class of its own, for the simple and main reason of the larger screen. If you want to view media, internet, maps etc., the bigger the screen the better.

I understand that many here got the Storm, tried it out and don't like it, and are awaiting something better... even if it has a smaller screen.

So... why are you wanting to switch?
    03-02-09 12:09 PM
    I'll be getting the Niagara when it comes out. I've always been one to just want the newest thing. I'll keep my Storm, but can't wait for new things!
    03-02-09 12:19 PM
    i switched back to the curve and couldn't be happier..

the Storm is NOT ready for prime time and needs a new far more stable OS and the ability to disable that stupid click screen garbage
    03-02-09 12:24 PM
    I have my storm now but decided to keep it till the Bold or Cuve comes out for Verizon, I like the others mainly because its hard keys and I type much faster on those models vs my storm, however the storm is nice but not for my everyday use forever and there is no chance I can go back to my old Voyager to wait for the curve or bold
    03-02-09 12:27 PM
    t-mobile sucks.
    att sucks.
    the curve doesnt have 3g

give me a bold on verizon and i'd seriously have to think about it. i wish i had a real keyboard, but the storm has such a nice screen.
    03-02-09 12:28 PM
    i wouldnt!!!!! (yet if an official OS comes out and dosent perfect it i may bounce too) prob not though the storm is just sooooo cool
    03-02-09 12:45 PM
    wahoo my vote opened up a 4 way tie 22.22% booya!

I don't think I would switch, but I have to say that I can't wait for what this thing is going to be like one year from now
    03-02-09 01:12 PM
    i wouldnt!!!!! (yet if an official OS comes out and dosent perfect it i may bounce too) prob not though the storm is just sooooo cool
    they already released an OS.. it sucked
    03-02-09 01:14 PM
    we are one diverse group of people LOL

03-02-09 01:20 PM
    a bold on verizon and id think about it too. i like the click and everything but the fact that the screen can get dust under and has clicking issues like the screen unable to click or sticks etc. i think the storm came out too soon by the looks of previous OSs and hardware probs like light leak, dust, etc.
    03-02-09 01:23 PM
    I had the Storm for less than a week and jsut couldnt do it. I NEED hard buttons for texting/e mailing..
    03-02-09 01:54 PM
    The click screen sucks big time.

Composing emails/SMS messages is not fast or easy compared to my former blackberries (this using SureType), and if you screw up and need to go back to edit a typo using our fingers is absurdly painful.

The ideal solution would be a hybrid like the new Palm Pre or the Google Android.
    03-02-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD