I see plenty of used Storms on Ebay with bids around the $150 range. Why would someone spend that for a used Storm when the S1 can be bought brand new from Verizon for $99? I think I'm going to sell mine and get an S2, so I was just wondering.
    12-04-09 09:40 AM
    they're not eligible for upgrade through Verizon or they're getting to have it unlocked to use on a different carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 11:26 AM
    I agree with your question to why, but I am not complaining to why since mine just sold for $160

12-04-09 11:29 AM
    When buy an used phone, anywhere, you don't have to activate with a 2-year contract. You just go by month-to-month. You could buy a new one, but the full retail price is not worth it.
    12-04-09 11:43 AM
    yeah i would list it on craigslist.....if your lucky someone from Nigeria will offer you what your asking plus 100 extra plus 60-70 dollars to ship it! lol
    12-04-09 11:51 AM
    Sold mine on Ebay with some Seidio accessories and unlocked for $255
    12-04-09 11:53 AM
    they're not eligible for upgrade through Verizon or they're getting to have it unlocked to use on a different carrier.

exactly....the 99 is only with a new contract. pretty easy answer really.
    12-04-09 11:54 AM
    I bought one off of ebay - I wanted a Storm, but don't want to leave T-mobile right now. I will save money in the long run by getting the Storm thru a 3rd party and not having to pay a higher rate for my plan.

Worked out great for me. No problems with the phone and I am happy.
    12-04-09 10:34 PM
    I did. Not eligible for an upgrade plus even if I was I wouldn't have wasted my upgrade on the s2. Better devices are on the way for LTE next year. The s2 while a nice device is not enough of an improvement over s1 to be stuck with for another long contract in my opinion. Got my s1 cheap and so far has been great since 5.0. A big improvement over my pearl.

12-05-09 11:34 AM
    because not everyone wants to be a slave to overpriced vorizon.
    08-30-10 08:20 PM
    That's the problem with the way the carriers subsidize the phones. It gives people the sense that the phones are inexpensive, until you have to pay full retail when something happens and you're still in contract for a long period.
    08-30-10 08:49 PM
    why the frack did we bump a 10 month old thread
    08-30-10 09:43 PM
    Reckon it is still relevant? Now people like me want a spare to test hybrids with. That is easier than using the original that you have invested countless hours in to make it sweet.

Suppose you use Shrink an OS, but you want to delete a COD file that remains to see what happens. I did that on this phone and it took a day or two to fix it.

Basically BB OS any version is a dead horse on the consumer market. When QNS operating comes out then RIM will have a chance in the consumer market. Till then, only thing to do is "tinker" with the current OS like in the olden days when we tinkered with DOS.

09-03-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD