What do my IT people have to do to allow me to update to .148? Understand that I can do the open in a browser twice thing at the BB update page but why should I have to? When I updated to .75 I just had to have them reactivate me (I downloaded the update from VZ though so it was easier). This is something they know how to do and is really no big deal. I really don't want to make this into a project for them since I'm the only Storm user in the company and don't want to waste their time when I really should not need their help.

Why does BB make this so hard on BES users?

-Greg
    05-31-09 09:48 PM
    What do my IT people have to do to allow me to update to .148? Understand that I can do the open in a browser twice thing at the BB update page but why should I have to? When I updated to .75 I just had to have them reactivate me (I downloaded the update from VZ though so it was easier). This is something they know how to do and is really no big deal. I really don't want to make this into a project for them since I'm the only Storm user in the company and don't want to waste their time when I really should not need their help.

Why does BB make this so hard on BES users?

-Greg
    It is the nature of BES (it is a security function).

What you can do in the future is talk to your IT guys and have them allow you to load os and apps.
    05-31-09 09:51 PM
    It is the nature of BES (it is a security function).

What you can do in the future is talk to your IT guys and have them allow you to load os and apps.
    I don't have problem with loading applications. What do they have to do to allow me to update (this time or whenever I want)? They are not exactly BES experts (actually we use the Pro software or whatever it is that maxes out at like 30 users). Is it pretty obvious? One thing I've learned over the years is that the last person you want to **** off is your IT people . They are cool with me upgrading since it is just a matter of them reauthorizing me but if I don't want to risk turning this into a project for them...

-Greg
    Last edited by Greg G; 05-31-09 at 10:03 PM.
    05-31-09 09:56 PM
    I don't have problem with loading applications. What do they have to do to allow me to update (this time or whenever I want)? They are not exactly BES experts (actually we use the Pro software or whatever it is that maxes out at like 30 users). Is it pretty obvious? One thing I've learned over the years is that the last person you want to **** off is your IT people . They are cool with me upgrading since it is just a matter of them reauthorizing me but if I turn this into a project for them then I risk being on the S@#T list...

-Greg
    They could have removed or block accessibility of users to upgrade their BB. That is the beauty and the pain of being on BES. You stuff is safe, but if your it guys are not up to par then, you are screwed.

What I am suggesting is for them to let you do it yourself. If they can`t, then they can`t.
    05-31-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD