And what confidence do you have in RIM to fix a software problem in 6.0 if they still can't figure out typing lag on 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 10:48 PM
    I think the better question is... Was there ever any confidence in RIM to fix any software issues in their OS (regardless of version) without breaking something else in the process or even properly fixing the issue at all?

I view the BB OS as a damn with developing holes in it. RIM programmers just run around plugging each leak with bubblegum, but as you well know... that's not going to fix the issue.
    06-09-10 11:19 PM
    the keyboard is way too laggy , i have crashed the keaboard/typing service a few times ..... they need to fix this ASAP.
    06-10-10 01:40 AM
    Rim doesn't listen to anything any of its customers say...i've never seen anything like it !!! its like they're our parents or something !!
    06-10-10 02:09 AM
    The technology hasn't been developed that can keep up with your mad thumb skillz.

06-10-10 02:13 AM
    I think as you can tell their take on it is to develop a new phone model with more memory, cause yes that fixes everything...... I get the most lag when typing in sms and the chat is pretty big. I end up clearing all the messages and can type fairly fast again.

What gets me is that I think RIM isn't writing their software to intersect with future technology. I think that QSD8672 in the snapdragon processor family is the fastest out now at over 1.3ghz or something. RIM should be trying to anticipate future capabilities instead of working an OS around slower processors, which may give them time to work out some bugs.
    06-10-10 07:35 AM
    It is what it is on the STORM... I've learned you just have to go at the STORMS "speed" or else you will have to spend more time going back and fixing all the mistake. I had hoped the S2 hardware would correct this problem, but while typing may be somewhat better, even the S2 can not keep up as well as a physical keyboard.
    06-10-10 09:08 AM
    Well technically there will always be a "physical lag" on the S1 (and to a lesser extent S2) because of the SurePress screen...I love SurePress but what I'm talking about is software lag...where buttons are lighting up in the wrong place because you typed that word 5 seconds ago...very annoying.

And forget using symbols or numbers!
    06-10-10 10:29 AM
    123/ABC pisses me off more than anything... Rebooting brings it back to normal for a while, but even with plenty of memory it hags sometimes. Like you said, long SMS chats make it really unresponsive. It seems to be caused by processor utilization to some degree because for me the handset gets noticeably warmer when the keyboard sucks. I guess time will tell if it gets fixed in 6.0 for the S2 but hoping for it to be fixed in 5.0 seems futile.

06-10-10 05:54 PM
    i have been wondering the very same thing. It's slow and freezes sometimes.
    06-15-10 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD