The title says it all.....

I was an original Storm owner.... And when I dinged the corners of my Storm 1, I went online and bought a blue bezel for it.... and replaced it. There is a picture of it as my av.

(for those of you that don't know, the bezel is the chrome part that goes around the edge of the phone)

It made my phone look completely custom with the blue, and it also made it look like it hadn't been dinged up at all.

I have seen these replacement bezels and colored bezels for other blackberry phones too...

But I cant find any for the Storm 2.
    I can't even find just the original bezel.
    The only thing I found was complete housings for it.

I never dropped my Storm 2 or anything. But the top and bottom of the dark chrome bezel is fading off, and I wanted to put a new colored bezel on it....

Has anyone seen a site that carries these ???

I am almost tempted to buy a whole new housing and try to sand/paint the bezel....

This sucks.
    07-12-10 12:18 PM
    The storm 2 bezel is all one piece with the housing. The middle piece
    07-12-10 12:32 PM
    The storm 2 bezel is all one piece with the housing. The middle piece
    Ohhh,
    well that makes sense then.

That sucks...

Well, I might try and custom paint one then. Just sand the chrome paint off the bezel, tape everything else off, give it a nice spray and then a protective clear spray..... It might work.
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-12-10 at 12:41 PM.
    07-12-10 12:39 PM
    it's a PHONE--not a custom hot rod! do you customize your toothbrushes too?
    07-12-10 01:36 PM
    Gettin that post count up?

OP :
    Colorware is incredibly popular. Might be worth a look, but I know they are spendy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 01:51 PM
    Wow, I bet you feel better about yourself now, don't you?
    I just like the feeling of a custom phone....

Why must every single forum on the internet have these kind of people. With thousands of posts, but 90% of them is from them trolling and flaming people.

Anyways....
    SlcCorrado,
    I like colorware, but they are a bit expensive.... and it leaves you without a phone for a while.
    07-12-10 01:59 PM
    Wow, I bet you feel better about yourself now, don't you?
    I just like the feeling of a custom phone....

Why must every single forum on the internet have these kind of people. With thousands of posts, but 90% of them is from them trolling and flaming people.

Anyways....
    SlcCorrado,
    I like colorware, but they are a bit expensive.... and it leaves you without a phone for a while.
    ah, so you weren't flaming me for joking with you? are you unaware of what a smilie is used for? adios, Mr. grump.
    07-12-10 02:01 PM
    Gettin that post count up?

OP :
    Colorware is incredibly popular. Might be worth a look, but I know they are spendy

what's with posters that even LOOK at post counts? I don't notice mine, nor do I care if I have 100 or 75000 posts. It's not relevant to me and I'm confused about why it should be relevant to YOU.
    07-12-10 02:02 PM
    With all the BB haters/android fanbois frequenting the forums lately, there is an atmosphere of low morale. People are starting to assume that every post is a flame/bash and don't see the humor/sarcasm.

It's sad really

I understand the mods don't want to "over police" the forums, but something needs to be done. The trolls/haters are wrecking the whole site.
    07-12-10 03:10 PM
    With all the BB haters/android fanbois frequenting the forums lately, there is an atmosphere of low morale. People are starting to assume that every post is a flame/bash and don't see the humor/sarcasm.

It's sad really

I understand the mods don't want to "over police" the forums, but something needs to be done. The trolls/haters are wrecking the whole site.
    yes; why the OP assumed I was flaming when I included the smilie is something out of my control (not that I ever have much control anyway! )
    07-12-10 04:22 PM
    yes; why the OP assumed I was flaming when I included the smilie is something out of my control (not that I ever have much control anyway! )
    Well,

I am truly sorry for miss-understanding your post.

It is hard to tell if people are joking or being serious on these boards sometimes.

The smiley should have gave it away, but At first I took the smiley as a hint of sarcasm....

I don't want to start anything here....
    and I didn't mean anything by it.

Were all good, no fights here...

Also I would just like to add that customizing stuff is just a hobby for me.
    I customized my own computer case, my psp, my very old LG chocolate, my old storm 1, and want to customize my storm 2.
    07-12-10 08:47 PM
    its all good dave i still enjoy your posts lol,, op is from michigan cant handle a cocky joke,, nuff said
    07-12-10 08:54 PM
    its all good dave i still enjoy your posts lol,, op is from michigan cant handle a cocky joke,, nuff said
    I just got done saying that I was sorry that I miss understood his post...
    I said that I didn't mean anything by it, and didn't want to cause a fight...

And then you come along and say that I am from Michigan and I can't handle a cocky joke....

What does my location have anything to do with that?
    You live in Florida, so it means that you can handle a joke and I can't?
    I mean seriously....

I said that I miss-understood it.... thats all there is to it....
    It wasn't that big of a deal.
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-12-10 at 09:05 PM.
    07-12-10 09:02 PM
    I just got done saying that I was sorry that I miss understood his post...
    I said that I didn't mean anything by it, and didn't want to cause a fight...

And then you come along and say that I am from Michigan and I can't handle a cocky joke....

What does my location have anything to do with that?
    check your pm .. lol i am from mi too lol just trying to be funny,, sheesh
    07-12-10 09:04 PM
    check your pm .. lol i am from mi too lol just trying to be funny,, sheesh
    Lol, Nice....
    07-12-10 09:43 PM
    Well,

I am truly sorry for miss-understanding your post.

It is hard to tell if people are joking or being serious on these boards sometimes.

The smiley should have gave it away, but At first I took the smiley as a hint of sarcasm....

I don't want to start anything here....
    and I didn't mean anything by it.

Were all good, no fights here...

Also I would just like to add that customizing stuff is just a hobby for me.
    I customized my own computer case, my psp, my very old LG chocolate, my old storm 1, and want to customize my storm 2.
    no problem. and I don't use a smilie to indicate sarcasm. there's another emoticon for that, which I don't use, but I see others are quite fond of it. it's the light blue "roll eyes" emoticon.

have u got pics of your computer case?
    07-13-10 01:55 AM
    Does colorware do the storm 2? I didnt see anything about it on their site. Was curious to see the end result on some S2s
    07-13-10 05:48 AM
    Very interesting Topic I might be interested in this as well to prevent the dings.
    07-13-10 10:34 AM
    I personally think that since this is a more a productivity tool for professionals there isn't that much of a market. On the other hand, you can find a lot of those, plus the stick on sequins for the iPhone, iPod, iPad. Pink is one of the best sellers.

You're probably one of the few that bought one for the S1 so they didn't bother with making for the next gen.
    07-13-10 10:52 AM
    Does colorware do the storm 2? I didnt see anything about it on their site. Was curious to see the end result on some S2s
    I wonder if the phone is more complex to tear down, and more likely to be damaged in their process, making the cost of painting it prohibitive. It makes no sense to charge a hundred bucks to paint a phone if the customers are going to accuse the company of screwing it up and demand replacements that cost more than the service.

There are always cases. I really like the two-piece Incipio Silicrylic -- a hard plastic shell that snaps over a separate silicone skin. It doesn't add much bulk and works great.

07-13-10 05:08 PM
    no problem. and I don't use a smilie to indicate sarcasm. there's another emoticon for that, which I don't use, but I see others are quite fond of it. it's the light blue "roll eyes" emoticon.

have u got pics of your computer case?
    Yea I do...
    Ill upload them and post them tomorrow.

I didn't make the case from scratch....

But I did do my own case cutting and painting. And LEDs and fans and stuff.

I also have before and after pics...
    07-14-10 04:08 AM
    Interesting...

Hope to see some nice pics.
    07-14-10 05:03 AM
    Interesting...

Hope to see some nice pics.
    What's that face for ...jk
    Cool idea I got a few cases but I'd be afraid of taking my phone apart.
    I love it to much lol

07-14-10 07:10 AM
    Well here are the pics of my computer case...

The Original case -

In the Middle of cutting out my design. (Monster Logo)

The finished case - Custom Side window... Painted Asus Logo on the top, Custom case lights/fans. These pics are pretty old too. I have since added fans to the top of the case to help with air circulation.

Newly added top vent fans -
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-14-10 at 12:25 PM.
    07-14-10 12:16 PM
    Well here are the pics of my computer case...

The Original case -

In the Middle of cutting out my design. (Monster Logo)

The finished case - Custom Side window... Painted Asus Logo on the top, Custom case lights/fans. These pics are pretty old too. I have since added fans to the top of the case to help with air circulation.

Sweet case man. Always wanted to do something similar to my laptop. Would be interested to see what you could do with your Storm 2. (Not putting any smiles as they seem dangerous. lol )
    07-14-10 12:27 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD