OK so the past couple nights i have seen tons of people saying that they want leaks and asking why there havent been more.. and lets face it, people are just getting rude and nasty over, really, nothing.

We are all lucky to even be getting any leaked software versions. Whnever somoene posts anything about the software that isnt official, or leak the software, they are (in most cases) putting their jobs on the line. And yet there are people saying that we arent getting enough or that RIM/Verizon arent doing a good job. Radio has said it him/herself, we arent getting leaks because people are just being ungreatful and outright disrespectful. So if you arent going to be positive and appreciative of what CX, Sith, Kevin, and most recently Radio have been doing, do us all a favor and dont post in this thread. This is not a ploy to get a new leak, this about giving credit where credit has been due. ***Please keep everything POSITIVE***

I really wanted to start this thread for everyone that appreciates everything these guys have been doing for us. If you appreciate the leaks, post in here thanking CX, Sith, Kevin, BB397, and anyone else who i have not listed that has posted a leak or given insight on things to come.

To CX, Sith, Kevin, and Radio: Thank you for your continued hard work, we appreciate everything you have been doing and look forward to brighter futures with our storms!
    Last edited by crackalackberry; 02-21-09 at 06:33 AM.
    02-20-09 11:26 PM
    I second this. The attitude toward leaks has become nasty. Thanks to everyone involved with bringing the leaks themselves or information about the latest builds and improvements. While a small group are up in arms about more more more there are a greater amount of us in the background that appreciate all you guys do for the community.

Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:39 PM
    I second all of what Crackalack said...

The longer I read posts and learn about how things work, I realize we should be grateful for the above mentioned folks and their work.

The more you read about programing you'll realize it's definitely not as easy as initially thought (or what I initially thought)

Thanks guys. I know you all know there are many grateful and patient folks who are wearing out their F5 keys without name calling and outlandish requests.

Thanks!
    02-20-09 11:39 PM
    What's up with this board tonight with all the rants and now a rave. I thought this was an information sharing forum and that there was a place for this stuff called the Rants and Raves forum.
    02-20-09 11:40 PM
    Yes, thank you very much...
    02-20-09 11:44 PM
    Yup you guys got my thanks. These leaks are driving storm users wacko. Raving the first day when they have a new
    Os then ranting the next couple of days. Lol

02-20-09 11:50 PM
    This is true, people are rude everyone else in other forums are actually professional bout what they say and how they act, and they seem to be getting more, so why not try? What would it hurt......honestly.....

this might be the worst thread ever. nice life
    02-20-09 11:56 PM
    this might be the worst thread ever. nice life
    If the Storms operating system isn't important to you and your not grateful for the information and leaks we have received that's fine, just keep it to your self.

There is a "rant and rave" area but given the last few weeks of pre leak behavior, I think this thread is completely necessary and appropriate.

I believe the intention of this entire site is for people to help others and to share information, not rag on people and be disrespectful...

Ill let the mods decide where it belongs...
    02-20-09 11:59 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

If the Storms operating system isn't important to you and your not grateful for the information and leaks we have received that's fine, just keep it to your self.

There is a "rant and rave" area but given the last few weeks of pre leak behavior, I think this thread is completely necessary and appropriate.

I believe the intention of this entire site is for people to help others and to share information, not rag on people and be disrespectful...

Ill let the mods decide where it belongs...
    02-21-09 12:00 AM
    very true, we saw them so frequently people just started expecting them.
    for what its worth..

Thanks to those who allowed us to experience the beta process.
    02-21-09 12:03 AM
    i'm just saying that starting a care bears, "we care" chant isn't going to help. they aren't just sitting on an OS bc they think that the forums are skewing negative. just chillax and it will come.
    I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got **** to do.
    like hang out in a forum about a almost good device that was rushed to launch. anyone check out that maximus post today? i feel the same way.
    02-21-09 12:07 AM
    oh yeah, i'm doing the same thing. do'h
    02-21-09 12:08 AM
    maybe you should read this if you havent!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

i'm just saying that starting a care bears, "we care" chant isn't going to help. they aren't just sitting on an OS bc they think that the forums are skewing negative. just chillax and it will come.
    I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got **** to do.
    like hang out in a forum about a almost good device that was rushed to launch. anyone check out that maximus post today? i feel the same way.
    02-21-09 12:11 AM
    Moderator Please move this thread
    02-21-09 12:13 AM
    What's up with this board tonight with all the rants and now a rave. I thought this was an information sharing forum and that there was a place for this stuff called the Rants and Raves forum.
    It's been ten days (the average time between leaks) since the last leak and they are hoping that if they kiss up enough that a high numbered leak will surface int he next day or so. B***ing got them a much lower build then expected last time.
    02-21-09 12:16 AM
    ha, im glad i got this worthless thread moved!
    02-21-09 12:18 AM
    It's been ten days (the average time between leaks) since the last leak and they are hoping that if they kiss up enough that a high numbered leak will surface int he next day or so. B***ing got them a much lower build then expected last time.
    Weird because I could careless what build leaks or when it does. Its a matter of respect, people have been bashing and complaining because they aren't getting more more more. Its time that people take a break and say thanks.

Personally .99 is running great for me.

02-21-09 12:23 AM
    OP, Thank you for this thread. It is about time we get some shouts of praise to the above listed. They have done so much and asked nothing in return.

If anyone thinks this thread is about trying a different tact for getting a leak to appear, you are dead wrong, and showing your true colors.

Thank you all who dedicate your time, experience and knowledge to the help of others. You could not pay for schooling or training to acquire the wealth of knowledge accumulated on this site.

Thanks again to all who have contributed to my addiction. Not just the leakers, but every one who contributes, from the mods to the experts to the newbs. This has allways been one of the strongest communities. With a little patience and understanding on our parts it will remain that way.
    02-21-09 12:24 AM
    This kind of comment and attitude is what has been poisoning this site since the Storm was released.

A worthless thread is one that complaines and harps on people for there efforts, and demands more for nothing, not one that gives due credit.
    02-21-09 12:30 AM
    to the people that agree with me: thank you and keep posting!

to the people that think im just posting this as a ploy to get a new leak or think this thread is pointless, your wrong so STFU.

to the mods: sorry i put it in the wrong section, thanx for moving
    02-21-09 06:08 AM
    I agree with the OP. I'm not much of a person to make responses but I agree. It's not a matter of we're trying to suck up to get a leak. If they have one and they're sitting on it, they're the ones to decide to leak it. Going with what those have posted we're hoping for a leak from this thread, yeah it more than likely still won't happen. What's wrong with, in other words, a thank you thread. I appreciate all the info that these people the OP is praising. I honestly have given up on a leak. So the words I'm typing are my honest truth. If a leak happens, then so be it. I'm happy with what I have so far. My interests have been turned to apps. I also wanted to post a thread like this, but for reasons seen (the flaming), I didn't. Thank you to the OP for having the guts to do so. To all others, I apologize, but if you have no positive things to say don't post anything. The comments of "useless thread" are not needed. If you find it useless please don't post. I apologize in advance, but honestly..if it's not your cup of tea, don't drink it.
    02-21-09 06:33 AM
    If you feel this thread is worthless, how about make a new thread about how worthless this thread is and explain your reasoning why this is worthless because honestly, i dont see why we shouldnt say thank you to these guys who have put their jobs on the line to give us a glimmer of hope for the storm. so please, start your on thread about why we shouldnt be thankful, because the people posting in this thread dont wanna hear about it here.
    02-21-09 07:03 AM
    There are those of us who are good at what we do and those who look on us in awe. Then there are those of us who say, "Big friggin deal, so the guy can code, but can he fix his car to get to the office to code?" I say thanks to all who share their knowledge and work to make things better. To those who like to deify these people I say DON'T, because it's no big deal, it's what they're good at. Do they have to help us? No. So be thankful and respectful but stop putting them on a pedestal because if they disappear another will come to take their place as necessity dictates. In my experience working with technical people for the last 35 years, if you raise someone up some will carry on as normal, some will inflate a bit but most will inflate beyond their usefulness and start to believe that their peers or company can't get along without them.

If there's anyone to be mad at however it certainly isn't our "gods" who I'm sure have more important things to do than keep up with the schedule of everyone here who wants another leak. RIM is the culprit here and IMO should be scourged for releasing the Storm with the present system and dragging their feet on an update that addresses at least some major issues! Although the leaks are a welcome temporary fix many are not comfortable or technical enough to install them. And nobody should have to!! The official OS has more bugs than a dead body in the Florida sun! We are also to blame since we continue to give companies a pass on this poor quality work.

Then there's the end user issue. What I find most with PC's I support is that they're full of downloaded junk, tools, tool bars, cursors, themes and other resource hogs. The few smart phones and PDA's I have attempted to fix for people have the same issues usually. I suspect the Storm has fallen victim to much of this even though it has not been around long. There's just too many unusual differences that keep popping up. 3 hour battery, 3 day battery, 2 pulls a day, no pulls in a week etc.

But in the end it's all RIM, 100% poor quality coding, 100% crap support for their hurried release and on the other end we're 100% at fault for allowing them to continue to screw everyone.
    02-21-09 08:12 AM
    Thanks, CX, BB397, Kevin, Radio, and Sith. I love your v3 hybrid, Sith. And let's not forget DonNguyen who gave us the first leak- .75. Thanx, Don.
    02-21-09 09:40 AM
    I too am thankful but not just to a handful of people for leaks... I am just as thankful to the people that started that HUGE Tips and Tricks thread... I probably learned just as much from that as I have anything else...

I will say I have appreciated the leaks and think that the storm gets better almost every time...
    02-21-09 10:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD