Okay I tried to let this go but I can't. When I got my second storm the screen clicked much better but i noticed these tiny dots in a grid pattern on my screen. I thought it was just the screen protector but yesterday when i changed it I found out they are on the Screen!!!! What in the world? They are so noticable as well. My eyes are just instantly drawn to them and now i can't even enjoy my phone. I am going to go check out some storms in stores and see if these dots appear on other storms. I am so dissapointed though. I can't seem to not focus on them now.. Please someone help me understand why they are so noticable. Does everyone else have them? Is no one else annoyed by them?
    01-17-09 10:09 AM
    Those are touch sensors. All touch screen devices have them.
    01-17-09 10:11 AM
    LMAO.... those are the sensors for your screen they are what allows the screen to recognize where you are touching... this is very normal and will be found on every storm!
    01-17-09 10:12 AM
    Well i kinda gathered they were there for a purpose such as helping find where your touching on the screen. But i never noticed them on my first phone. Is it possible that they are more noticeable on some screens and less on others. I just don't understand how come i never noticed them on my first phone. I really wanna ignore them but they just jump out at me now. And i have held several other touch screen phones never ever noticed little dots in a grid pattern before. So everyone else sees them clear as day mainly on like a white screen or a black screen when the light hits it? And that isnt a bit annoying always seeing dots not sure whether they are the dots in grid patteren or a speck of dust?
    01-17-09 10:16 AM
    Well it depends on lighting etc.

If you were in direct light they are much noticeable. And once you know they are there it makes them stand out a lot more. It's not that they are more noticeable then your old storm, it's just that now you know they are there so you concentrate on them.
    01-17-09 10:19 AM
    lol yea your not kidding. I can't stop focusing on them. So there is no chance that i just have some very noticeable dots? everyone has those annoying like 200 something dots all over the screen that when a brightly lit white screen they come out to play. I just want 2 make sure that i shouldn't try 2 get a new one with less noticeable dots. I just was almost enjoying my phone and then these dots took me down another peg. I mean in certain light they even appear during certain things like watching a video or sending a text. And everyone has these little dots? And every touchscreen has them or just the storm cause of its special screen? I think i'm just crazy.
    01-17-09 10:29 AM
    Theyre there to play connect the dots. Grab a black sharpie and enjoy!

Just kidding, looks like everyone else already answered the question.
    01-17-09 10:34 AM
    lol yea your not kidding. I can't stop focusing on them. So there is no chance that i just have some very noticeable dots? everyone has those annoying like 200 something dots all over the screen that when a brightly lit white screen they come out to play. I just want 2 make sure that i shouldn't try 2 get a new one with less noticeable dots. I just was almost enjoying my phone and then these dots took me down another peg. I mean in certain light they even appear during certain things like watching a video or sending a text. And everyone has these little dots? And every touchscreen has them or just the storm cause of its special screen? I think i'm just crazy.
    I have like 12? maybe? not 200 lol
    01-17-09 10:38 AM
    LOL your not crazy EVERY touch screen has them... ive noticed that when i dont have a screen protector on they are far more noticeable then when i have it screen protected also in bright sunlight you are going to see them this is unfortunate but its the reality of the touch screen... however this is why VZW built a dark / black themes and wallpapers so that you dont notice the dots as much... the lighter the background image the easier it is to notice them...
    01-17-09 10:39 AM
    I didnt notice them untill I changed my screen protector.
    01-17-09 10:42 AM
    The iPhone/iPod touch doesnt have these dots.

It was the first thing I noticed on my storm, but honestly unless you are in direct sunlight I dont see why they would bother you.
    01-17-09 10:42 AM
    They are in a small grid pattern and they are maybe like 12 by 16 all over the screen. So maybe mine are more noticeable! I just want them 2 not be so damn noticeable i really hope i can over look them sometime in the future. So does everyone not see every last damn dot if you just let the light hit them they pop out at you. On a white screen i can't tell if its dust or the dots. Then if i wipe the spot and they are still there i know its the dots from ****! So does everyone else notice these plentiful dots and are they being seen while doing normal tasks like texting or emailing or watching a video?
    01-17-09 10:45 AM
    I never noticed them in my iPaq, huh~
    01-17-09 10:56 AM
    Wow, it seems like way less, but there really are almost 200 dots. Like Pati said, it's a 12x16 grid of dots, so that works out to 192 individual dots. Crazy, just remembering off the top of my head I thought there were maybe 15 at most, nowhere near 200!
    01-17-09 11:05 AM
    Nobody searches anymore huh?

It's funny how these repetative threads seems to pop up in waves.
    01-17-09 11:22 AM

It was the first thing I noticed on my storm, but honestly unless you are in direct sunlight I dont see why they would bother you.
    Ditto, I can't see them on the iPhone. I am sure they all have them but you just can't see it on the iphone.
    01-17-09 11:48 AM

The digitizer system on the Apple products is also probably not the same one made by Synaptics that's on the Storm.
    01-17-09 11:52 AM
    I know they're there somewhere because I've read about them, but I refuse to look for them because I know once I see them I'll ALWAYS see them.
    01-17-09 11:54 AM
    I know they're there somewhere because I've read about them, but I refuse to look for them because I know once I see them I'll ALWAYS see them.
    My sentiments exactly...but I have never seen them.
    01-17-09 11:58 AM
    I can see them when my screen is really clean. They were on my xv6700 and xv6800 so no big deal to me.
    01-17-09 12:09 PM
    Nobody searches anymore huh?

It's funny how these repetative threads seems to pop up in waves.
    New batch, same questions, LOL
    01-17-09 12:12 PM
    I don't see them and I will not look for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 12:26 PM
    I only see them when the screen is completely white and I hold my device 3 inches from my eyes so it's not a big deal to me
    01-17-09 12:36 PM
    Its the touch sensors.
    01-17-09 12:37 PM
    depends what kind of light you are under. In my kitchen under the potlights I can see the dots, there are a lot of them (a lot more than 12) and if you hold the screen at a bit of an angle you can see these faint diagonal lines that connect all the dots together in a 45 deg pattern
    01-17-09 02:59 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD