So I'm new here and Ive had a storm for about a week now. I have been reading a lot about upgrading the OS I'm currently using .75 that came on my phone. I was looking at going to .109 it seems that it is the one that most people are using. But the information that I couldn't find is what are the specific differences between .75 and .109 what is the are the changes?

(I did search and try to read the "findings" but it didn't really answer my question)

The other question I have is can I back up my phone so other than the OS everything is the same as before the upgrade?
    Last edited by Code8paramedic; 03-11-09 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling error
    03-11-09 04:20 PM
    I would definitely upgrade to .109 because of the performance increases. This phone works really well for me. I now have .114 and it seems to work even better. I'll have a better idea after a few days. If you are willing to downgrade to .109, I would at least try .114 and see how that works for you. Make sure you read about the keypad fix before you upgrade.
    03-11-09 04:58 PM
    0.75 is just slow compared to .109

The battery is worse, there is less memory, the typing is worse.

I dont think there is a single thing about .75 thats better than .109
    03-11-09 06:10 PM
    camera is quicker, accelerometer is quicker, menu transitions are quicker, media center is more responsive.

like tims4789 i cant comment on .114 much since ive only had it for less than a day, but aside from the in-call dial pad, the new copy paste function is nice. i think the accelerometer is less responsive though. the phone doesn't feel as quick as .109 was and on boot up im starting with less available memory and its dropping quicker. obviously the memory isnt an issue until it drops below about 3mb, then you start to notice the phone come to a slow crawl and then a halt.
    03-11-09 06:15 PM
    ok, so im going to do the upgrade. any tips for backing everything up
    03-11-09 06:19 PM
    ok, so im going to do the upgrade. any tips for backing everything up
    Read the sticky at the top of this subforum. It explains everything very well, and will help you tremendously.
    03-11-09 06:21 PM
    Ok ive read the other threads, and have one question. on the back up 3rd party apps thread it says to uncheck user data and messages... what if I want to back all that up too?
    03-11-09 07:13 PM
    My .75 runs better than my .109 did. I have had the storm about a month or so though, so I wonder if it has anything to do, with when the phone was made or if the newer phones coming out perfom better with the default os...
    03-11-09 07:16 PM
    official 113 has just been released check the main board its up there now enjoy
    03-11-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD