OMG, I just saw this on Engadget. This is so uncomforting.

Why the BlackBerry Storm is no iPhone killer � Admiral H

Now I don't know if I should get it or not. What do you guys think? The guy already played with the Storm. I got a Bold and now I don't know if I should upgrade and my girlfriend (with Pearl) to do the same.
    11-21-08 08:09 AM
    That does paint a picture for sure... I have an iphone 3G and I am willing to give the storm a look. I guess ill go to a VZW store next week to see what its like.
    11-21-08 08:25 AM
    Funnily enough when i read the article/review...my first thought was the guy is just another apple iphone fanboy. Thing is Apple created so much hype for the iphone that it was bound to be a success.

Now heres a thought, instead of reading all these reviews...why not just go and have a play with one??. I read alot fo reviews but i dont let them put me off buying something...id rather go and try the product out to make up my own mind. Im here in the UK and Vodaphone are carrying the Storm...ive played with one and i have to admit i was blown away by it...in my opinion its a much better device than the apple iphone but you see this is my opinion...it doesnt mean that you have to accept it as gospel.

I want the storm but im not willing to go to Vodaphone to get one...im quite happy sticking with tmobile here. Saly i dont think the storm will ever come out on the tmobile network so im getting the bold when my contract comes up for renewal and if possible might pick up a Storm when they become unlocked and sim free.

But seriously just go into your local VZW shop and have a play with one...then make up your mind about getting one or not...for the love of god dont let a review put u off.
    11-21-08 08:32 AM
    What an iphone fanboy article! People can't really expect the Storm to be as polished as the iphone... seems to me the Storm is at least as refined as the iphone was when it was released. Almost all the "issues" he writes about are software that RIM can (and likely will) improve on. You'll also notice how he doesn't list any of the Storm's advantages over the iphone.

The Storm has its flaws, but looks like a great platform to build from.
    11-21-08 08:34 AM
    What an iphone fanboy article! People can't really expect the Storm to be as polished as the iphone... seems to me the Storm is at least as refined as the iphone was when it was released. Almost all the "issues" he writes about are software that RIM can (and likely will) improve on. You'll also notice how he doesn't list any of the Storm's advantages over the iphone.

The Storm has its flaws, but looks like a great platform to build from.
    WHY DA **** NOT???
    11-21-08 08:47 AM
    Ignore such reviews. Rely instead on your own information gained right here on CrackBerry. Many members will have bough the device and will not be at all slow in posting their opinions.

Wait a few days to let people becone accustomed to their new totys and then, and only then will a true picture appear, warts and all. At that point you can make an informed decision based upon your own knowledge and not some reviewer who probably does not know one end of a BlackBerry from the other.

I am also not at all sure that the Storm is even intended to be an 'iPhone Killer'. The Storm is a new BlackBerry that has a touch screen. Why would that make it an iPhone killer? The article says that the iPhone is the top selling US phone but the BlackBerry has a RANGE of phones, not just one. You can choose from an number of devices. You want a flip phone, a tiny phone, one without a camera, a touch screen, a big screen. All these are available with essentially the same user interface and a level of security that the iPhone can never even approach.

Lastly I am pretty sure that the iphnoe is not outselling all BlackBerrys in the range and that the corporate world will continue to buy BlackBerrys for a long time to come.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-21-08 at 08:57 AM.
    11-21-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD